The stock seems to be feeling the same as we all are feeling. The stock has dropped over $2 from the day's high to the current price. This is evidence that in the US market this delay is a game killer. The stock market sees it as either the carriers are not willing to carry the phone right away or that the new Blackberry is still the Old RIM with a new jacket. Either way it is not a good sign. The only worse sign would have been if the phone had failed during the demonstration. I dislike AT& T so much at the moment that they are not selling the phone some time in February. I would spend the extra money buying an unlocked one especially when from other's postings that Verizon will be the only one offering the white version.
    01-30-13 12:59 PM
    Really? Come on people. It was a vapor ware last year when the delay was announced. All the doom and gloom and the jumping off the band wagon. An announcement later the release of the phone at the first quarter of 2013 another round of moaning and groaning about how an opportunity miss for the back to school and Christmas season sales. Finally the phone is launch today, sure I would like to have it in my hand. Wish I am in the Middle East or UK too. Bottom line is do you like what you see? Is this the phone you want ? Is the time line the make it or break it deal for you? Personally I thought the launch presentation was so so. But I did not watch to be entertainment. I just want more info about the device, the availability and the pricing. I am currently away from Canada and is in the Far East and my wait will be a bit longer than the February 5th date. I don't mind the wait. I'm relying on crackberrians to go through the growing pain first so I don't have to. I am looking forward to my Z10 one way or another because it's the best phone out there right now. I don't have to be first. Not for posting on a blog, and certainly not for getting a device that I watch it's difficult but triumphant birth into our world.
    01-30-13 01:07 PM
    Very disappointing presentation. Disappointed in release date. There was no spirit in the presentation.
    01-30-13 01:09 PM
    The more I think about it, the more I think maybe I (potentially, we) are over-analyzing. If we look at the positives on a more global level ...

- UK gets the phone right away, which is a great market for BlackBerry to be prevalent in
    - Canada gets it next week, and since i'm a Canadian living in the states, i'm still happy for them
    - People are worried about the stock tumbling. It's down 5% which is absolutely nothing compared to the 150% gain that it's seen
    - We get more time to do what we do best ... b!tch and complain about waiting! ... but do it with a proud smile and BlackBerry in hand

I'm already starting to feel a little of the excitement come back thinking about all the news in the days to come! I'll be back home visiting in the next little bit so at least i'll get to give it a spin, in person.
    01-30-13 01:14 PM
    I will revisit blackberry at a later date, but I think they are going to continue to have problems in the States for a while. Hope I'm wrong. I do hope they take the rest of the world by storm because I own stock and I'm in it for the long haul now.
    01-31-13 03:32 PM
30 12