View Poll Results: Tired of your BlackBerry?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I love my BlackBerry just as much now as when I first got it.

68 62.39%
  • I still like my phone, but the amazement has somewhat warn off.

29 26.61%
  • Honestly, I'm bored with my BlackBerry.

12 11.01%
    I love my BB. It does everything I want it to do. What bothers me though is that I had to go out of my way (ie: downloading a beta OS, third party apps, etc) to get it to do that. When I first got my 8830, I was glued to it. I went from a Razr to it, so it was naturally an awesome upgrade. However, I quickly realized that for it to be what I needed it to be, it was going to take a lot of work on my own part. Maybe more than I was ready for initially.

Nevertheless, I am happy with my BB.....though I am beginning to regret not waiting for the Curve :P

Oh yeah....and going with sprint >.<
    09-01-08 03:14 PM
    I love my Curve but I'm bored with it now, I'll admit. My boyfriend got the Bold and at first I really wanted to upgrade so I could have that new-toy happy feeling... But after playing with it for 10 minutes I was bored of that one as well. I'm glad I didn't spend the $850 (ETF + new contract cost with Robbers) to upgrade.

I couldn't live without it, but I don't find it as exciting as I used to...
    09-01-08 03:24 PM
    I guess I can say I am "blah" for a couple of reasons:

* I have the iPhone 3g now and with the app store and the wow factor being there for the iPhone, I just don't care about it. Matter of fact, I may have lost my berry and I am just going to report it lost and keep it moving.

* Memory leaks... will they ever change their OS so they can correct this problem?

* I couldn't enjoy my berry the way I wanted to. This was to have a ton of apps installed w/o having to worry about memory.

My vote: not blah, but "whatever" (until the Bold is out of course)
    09-01-08 04:20 PM
    I can't vote in this one as none of the options apply.

Do I feel "blah' about my phones - No, but then again I was
    never really all that excited about them. They are tools nothing
    more. You don't see me waxing poetic about my miter saw
    I don't know AG, I'm pretty excited about my new DeWalt cordless circular saw. I could wax about building a new lean-to for one of our horses without needing power in the field,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 04:33 PM
    Perhaps posting this on a BlackBerry-addicted forum is the wrong place to say this, but is anyone else feeling, for lack of a better word, "blah" about their BlackBerry?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Curve, and I've had a BlackBerry since April of this year--not as long as some CrackBerry addicts out there, but I've been around the block.

Still, I can't help but feel like I take my phone for granted. Now, I could never go back to a RAZR--or any other dumbphone for that matter--but my addiction seems to lack the spark it used to have. I find myself playing with my phone less, changing the wallpaper/themes less, searching for apps less, etc.

I guess I lose interest in things too fast.
    LOL, it seems like I learn something new about my bb everyday, and I've had it for a year now.....for instance, I just found out about something called moodio.fm. And I just broke down and got rhapsody so that I could put my favorite songs on my bb....and I sent away for an 8GB card so I can have more room to download things.....and I am ALWAYS on the hunt for new apps.....and I learned here a few weeks ago how to put docs on docs to go.....and....and.....and......

Guess my answer to your question is, no, I'm not bored-LOL
    09-01-08 04:51 PM
    Whew.. I never really changed the settings or wallpaper much cuz I guess I just like steadiness LOL. Now why can't I find a man that's like my Berry?!? JK. In other news though, my friends still complain to me that I'm aleays on my BB and won't put it down. I'm constantly texting, surfing the net, checking FaceBook (Haha), so it hasn't quite lost its luster altogether... But you're right about never going back to a regular phone again! NEVER!!!!

I think I've almost converted my bf to a Berry who is an avid solicitor of the Treo (gag me!!!).

LOL, you mean a man you can change at will, plug in at night to "recharge" him, and pull his battery when he don't act right?

Sorry, I just could NOT resist!
    09-01-08 04:56 PM
    One might feel a let down if he/she had unrealistic expectations. I am having a blast using my device, visiting CB, helping people, and staying connected with the world from where ever I am. A blackberry isn't going to cure disease or solve world hunger. It is only a computer with a phone attached. But it is fun to play with - and I am more productive in many ways. So, I'm not feeling a let down because I was never all that "up" with it to begin with. It is another weapon in my arsenal to face life.

LOL
    09-01-08 05:11 PM
    It's not just a phone Scandal it's a Berry!! I honestly believe that people got caught up with the Berries because of the info at will especially with a unlimited data plan. Everyone has their own opinion though and to answer the OP's question, NO I do not feel blah about my Berry and I've had one going on 5 years now.
    Well, good thing for me I didnt wait to get an unlimited data plan until I got a BB. That makes absolutely no sense. Its like saying people dont go unlimited UNTIL they get a Berry.
    09-01-08 05:23 PM
    I love my curve, but it upsets me that I can't text photos. Although, apparently it's a carrier issue. I've got friends who have at&t who can text photos but I have sprint and can't.
    09-01-08 05:27 PM
    I love my curve, but it upsets me that I can't text photos. Although, apparently it's a carrier issue. I've got friends who have at&t who can text photos but I have sprint and can't.

Welcome to Crackberry.com
    09-01-08 05:41 PM

Welcome to Crackberry.com
    thanks! So any advice on the messaging issue?
    09-01-08 06:03 PM
    oh i am still NEVER without my bb she goes EVERYWHERE with me!!!
    09-01-08 06:40 PM
    I kind of wish I would've gotten a Curve instead of a Pearl. I want a lot more applications than I have room for.

Oh well, I'm awaiting the Storm.
    09-01-08 07:06 PM
    oh i am still NEVER without my bb she goes EVERYWHERE with me!!!
    Its comments like this that I dont understand. Its a cell phone; not an object of affection; that is reserved for people! Of course most people take their cell phones with them- so if it werent a BB, you'd forget to take it with you?
    09-01-08 07:22 PM
    Just remember that if you're not happy with the Pearl and want to upgrade to a Curve just haggled with the "customer retention department" of your carrier! That's what I did... Upgraded from the Pearl within 3 months of having it and was still able to get the new customer price being advertised.

09-01-08 08:16 PM
    LOL, you mean a man you can change at will, plug in at night to "recharge" him, and pull his battery when he don't act right?

Sorry, I just could NOT resist!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! All we girls can always hope, right?!

09-01-08 08:19 PM
    This is exactly why new devices come out...

once the attachment to your current device wears off, you grow hungry for something newer and better

I am not bored with mine at all... there are always new apps to test and themes to try. Switch up some ringers, learn something new, take a risk, load the latest Beta...

I mean, you can always find something to do... and I use mine on a daily basis for email, tasks, calendar, notes, etc etc

09-01-08 08:27 PM
    Perhaps posting this on a BlackBerry-addicted forum is the wrong place to say this, but is anyone else feeling, for lack of a better word, "blah" about their BlackBerry?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Curve, and I've had a BlackBerry since April of this year--not as long as some CrackBerry addicts out there, but I've been around the block.

Still, I can't help but feel like I take my phone for granted. Now, I could never go back to a RAZR--or any other dumbphone for that matter--but my addiction seems to lack the spark it used to have. I find myself playing with my phone less, changing the wallpaper/themes less, searching for apps less, etc.

I think everbody goes through that faze with a cell phone. All of us probably do take for granted all of things these devices do for us.

I used to have and iphone and I love my bb a lot more because I'm more organized and I don't have to charge my phone every 10 hours. Texting is way better to.

09-01-08 11:32 PM
    Well I was but not now that I got a data plan! I should be set for another 5 months of orgasmic blackberring!

09-01-08 11:48 PM
    Its comments like this that I dont understand. Its a cell phone; not an object of affection; that is reserved for people! Of course most people take their cell phones with them- so if it werent a BB, you'd forget to take it with you?
    yes i would my bb ensures me that i have something to do when i a bored... when i had a non bb phone i would leave it a home or in my car all the time...
    09-10-08 12:03 AM
    Mate get the data plan-no point having a berry without it. Your passion for the berry will be revived instantly

10-18-08 05:30 PM
    I cant live without one anymore...lol
    10-18-08 05:33 PM
    The truth is, we all feel that way about any phone eventually.

Before I got a Curve this past Monday, I had and still do have an iPhone 3G. The last few weeks I just got so bored with it that I started looking at new phones. Like any new phone, I've been customizing the BB by adding themes and trying out a few apps. The excitement will wear off after several months too.
    10-18-08 08:23 PM
    This is my 3rd berry and I still have as much love as I did the 1st time I ever held one.
    10-18-08 08:30 PM

Upgrade to a 9000, you will loose that feeling.
    10-19-08 12:01 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD