By the same concept, you can just skip threads like this one, correct??

hahaha i lol'ed
    06-18-10 12:41 PM
    Even with all these "goodbye" threads and people posting in them, I still think those users are in the minority.

I work in the service industry, and I meet a lot of members of the general public on a daily basis. Young people, college kids, postgrad, grownups, suits, retirees. Male, female, animal. Rich, poor, and in between. Black people, white people, purple people.

Being a device addict, I can't help but take a peek at what they're using - especially since most people never put them down.

More members of the general public are carrying BlackBerry devices than any single other device. I'm talking every BB from the 83xx series on up through the 9700. For every iPhone user I see in my workplace, there have to be easily 25 to 30 BlackBerry users if not more.

The same holds true in my personal and social life. For example, at a recent barbecue, there were eleven people seated at a table including myself. There was one lone HTC/Android user and the rest of us were representing RIM. Again, all devices were present (except the Storm), including every iteration of the Curve series, both Bold models and a Tour. I suppose it could be that socially I'm just drawn to fellow BB users, but three very important people in my life use iPhone, so I doubt that's the whole story. I think it's just that BlackBerry has more users in more places for more reasons than the so-called competition.

So let them holler good-bye. Wish them luck with their shiny new playthings. Just shepherd them into the master "peace out" thread and hope they have the class to say farewell with good taste and dignity.

I must now go tuck my 8900 snugly into its bed, and read it a story.
    beautifully said!! I work at my University, and everywhere i look i easily see 25-20 Bb users for every iphone/ android user. and just like you said, BBs from curves, to bolds, to pearls, and on every carrier too.
    06-18-10 12:54 PM
    So let them holler good-bye. Wish them luck with their shiny new playthings. Just shepherd them into the master "peace out" thread and hope they have the class to say farewell with good taste and dignity.
    this cracked me up "shiny new playthings" hehe
    Last edited by FMB8900; 06-18-10 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-18-10 12:56 PM
    Awww, PK, there you go spoiling the fun. I manage to ignore some but others seem to draw me in, if for no other reason than to provide a good counter opinion.

To the OP, I agree 100% and I too almost started a thread like this. I don't understand it all, it seems just pure, childish silliness. Some are perhaps by those frustrated with their device not offering them what they want and they move on to something else, but somehow, are compelled to make some earth shattering statement here, as if we care, lol.

I have reached the conclusion that RIM has no desire or intention to be the market leader in consumer devices. They have clearly chosen to not position themselves in that category and honestly, that's fine by me. I don't need the fastest/greatest/coolest, most highly advanced device on the market. What I need is a device that satisfies my own needs in a useful manner, that maintains enough of a "coolness factor" to at least keep it interesting, and is reliable and serves both my business needs and my personal needs. Currently, my Storm 2 is doing just that, thank you very much. I of course, wouldn't at ALL mind a faster browser, hopefully we'll see that soon. I am looking forward to the rumored S3. No, it won't have 512 MB of RAM like the new iPhone 4, or a "retina display" or some of the other bells and whistles, but then again, it will allow me to change my own battery, have BBM and provide me instant email from my own domain name, all while having a display that is not too shabby in its own right.

Obviously, there's a market for those who wish to have the fastest and greatest devices. Just like there's a market for those who want a Corvette or Ferrari, there are plenty who are more than happy with a comfortable, reliable, functional automobile that fulfills our needs and does what we want it to do in a manner that is pleasing to us. Perhaps it's an age thing. As a kid, I lusted after the fast, cool cars with all the bells and whistles, but I grew to understand the limitations and folly of that thinking.

You could ignore those threads.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-18-10 at 01:07 PM.
    06-18-10 01:04 PM
    What bothers me is when people flame other Crackberry members in their goodbye
    threads!!
    06-18-10 01:52 PM
    LOL...while I agree, I think if I ever left BB, there are at least a few people here that I'd love to give my two cents worth of opinions to .

Honestly though, it's more often that the poster rants and raves about his/her own BB and how crappy it is and they leave the impression that they think anyone who is still using a BB, must be an *****. That point is often very clear without naming anyone specifically. We're ALL just idiots, I guess

What bothers me is when people flame other Crackberry members in their goodbye
    threads!!
    06-18-10 02:52 PM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD