Whoever you are in your avatar... you seem cute. And yes, I am fed up with these threads. I agree RIM could improve, but we are havign too many of these threads.
    Haha, thanks
    Yeah will admit RIM do need to improve in areas but theres no need for all the threads.
    i also know im a hypocrite for creating this thread but i knew others felt the same
    06-14-10 05:54 PM
    I agree RIM could improve, but we are having too many of these threads.
    Feel the same way. RIM could improve, but so could every other platform out there. None of them are perfect and I wish people would quit pretending that they are. If Android, iPhone, Symbian, etc. float your boat and you like it better, more power to you. Go celebrate in their respective forums (there is a "Other Smartphone Platforms" section at CB, ya know?) and resist the urge to run down other people's platform choice in BB Discussion. It doesn't influence RIM or convince anyone else that you're right - all it does is irritate people.
    06-14-10 06:26 PM
    Feel the same way. RIM could improve, but so could every other platform out there. None of them are perfect and I wish people would quit pretending that they are. If Android, iPhone, Symbian, etc. float your boat and you like it better, more power to you. Go celebrate in their respective forums (there is a "Other Smartphone Platforms" section at CB, ya know?) and resist the urge to run down other people's platform choice in BB Discussion. It doesn't influence RIM or convince anyone else that you're right - all it does is irritate people.
    Excellent.
    06-14-10 06:49 PM
    lol, I know! I hate the iPhone and can not see why people complain about the BB just to make the iPhone look better.
    06-14-10 07:41 PM
    I know 4 ppl who have the iphone and they hate AT&T but love their phone.
    Get dropped calls all the time and have horrible coverage but they swear by their phone. And yet.....they never cut me down for having a BB We respect each other for our tastes. They actually think BB is cool too.
    06-14-10 08:15 PM
    I'm fed up with seeing such threads, because I visit this site to read the good news and to learn more about the BB platform. I could have chosen any phone, it wasn't to describe me as a person but since I'm locked in for two years and enjoying - yes actually enjoying owning the thing I am drawn to reading more about it.

So I come here to read interesting things and learn, but so much of what I see is well I can't bebothered to describe it.

Threads about leaving the BB on a forum that is set up for the BB is annoying. Shout about it somewhere else and stop derailing the vibe of the place; if you're going and not coming back, why do you need to kick off a thread about it?
    06-14-10 09:58 PM
    I just started ignoring the threads. I'm bored with arguing. Have fun complaining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:35 PM
    I know 4 ppl who have the iphone and they hate AT&T but love their phone.
    Get dropped calls all the time and have horrible coverage but they swear by their phone. And yet.....they never cut me down for having a BB We respect each other for our tastes. They actually think BB is cool too.
    On the other hand, I have friend's who have the iphone and also have dropped calls and all, and they say they got the iphone because they hate BlackBerries...
    06-14-10 10:39 PM
    I just started ignoring the threads. I'm bored with arguing. Have fun complaining.

I hope I don't get drawn into it!

I'd like to see some more interesting threads on here, it's pretty repetitive and circular - almost as if people don't spend any time on here, they just stumble upon, sign up and post their obituary. Very fecking tedious.

I suppose the answer to that that should be that I oughtta post something new myself. I dunno if the audience is here any more that would respond to something a bit more positive.
    06-14-10 10:46 PM
    well not everyone who 'leaves' blackberry are berry haters like me for one i ordered the incredible but as soon as berry 6 comes out i think i'll be right back i the browser is up to par that's my main reason for leaving right now i'm never home and my mobile browser is all i have when i'm not home. I love my storm 2 and we'll see where os 6 takes us. i agree with the thread tho but you sound a little angry ma'am
    06-15-10 12:16 AM
    I hope I don't get drawn into it!

I'd like to see some more interesting threads on here, it's pretty repetitive and circular - almost as if people don't spend any time on here, they just stumble upon, sign up and post their obituary. Very fecking tedious.

I suppose the answer to that that should be that I oughtta post something new myself. I dunno if the audience is here any more that would respond to something a bit more positive.
    I've caught a couple of your posts, well received here; I vote go for it >.<
    06-15-10 12:34 AM
    Even with all these "goodbye" threads and people posting in them, I still think those users are in the minority.

I work in the service industry, and I meet a lot of members of the general public on a daily basis. Young people, college kids, postgrad, grownups, suits, retirees. Male, female, animal. Rich, poor, and in between. Black people, white people, purple people.

Being a device addict, I can't help but take a peek at what they're using - especially since most people never put them down.

More members of the general public are carrying BlackBerry devices than any single other device. I'm talking every BB from the 83xx series on up through the 9700. For every iPhone user I see in my workplace, there have to be easily 25 to 30 BlackBerry users if not more.

The same holds true in my personal and social life. For example, at a recent barbecue, there were eleven people seated at a table including myself. There was one lone HTC/Android user and the rest of us were representing RIM. Again, all devices were present (except the Storm), including every iteration of the Curve series, both Bold models and a Tour. I suppose it could be that socially I'm just drawn to fellow BB users, but three very important people in my life use iPhone, so I doubt that's the whole story. I think it's just that BlackBerry has more users in more places for more reasons than the so-called competition.

So let them holler good-bye. Wish them luck with their shiny new playthings. Just shepherd them into the master "peace out" thread and hope they have the class to say farewell with good taste and dignity.

I must now go tuck my 8900 snugly into its bed, and read it a story.
    06-15-10 02:25 AM

Well you didn't ignore this one or you wouldn't have posted to it lol

my berry and dinc co-exist btw
    Last edited by DavidNC; 06-15-10 at 05:07 AM.
    06-15-10 05:04 AM
    it is with a heavy heart that i may have to part ways with BB (my first)... sad because this is the best phone i ever had, except for the terrible reception. i think UK (or EU) curves don't work that well indoors or in the pocket. works fine when outside. i tried in vain to avoid overpriced iphones or touch. but i'm becoming increasingly jealous of colleagues ability to surf the web when i cannot (indoors, at work or at home). can't update OS as i'm on mac. tried everything i could, sim works great in other phone. come back motorola, all is forgiven.

yours dissapointed, looking for another smartphone
    06-15-10 02:25 PM
    Well you didn't ignore this one or you wouldn't have posted to it lol
    Yeah... What does that have to do with my post? I said I started ignoring "the" threads, which obviously refers to the "I'm leaving BB" kind of threads.
    06-15-10 03:01 PM
    it is with a heavy heart that i may have to part ways with BB (my first)... sad because this is the best phone i ever had, except for the terrible reception. i think UK (or EU) curves don't work that well indoors or in the pocket. works fine when outside. i tried in vain to avoid overpriced iphones or touch. but i'm becoming increasingly jealous of colleagues ability to surf the web when i cannot (indoors, at work or at home). can't update OS as i'm on mac. tried everything i could, sim works great in other phone. come back motorola, all is forgiven.

yours dissapointed, looking for another smartphone

t-mobile is a very poor network in the UK though its not the phone, i used to be on T-mobile and NEVER got a signal anywhere
    06-15-10 05:15 PM
    Well as we all know..the "I'm leaving BB" threads ..they do it just to get a rise out of everyone and get them attention. And we give them exactly what they want when we reply back to them. I am guilty of it. But if we just ignore the thread and do not post on it with a reply, they will go away.
    They do it because they are attention whores and thats one of the big reasons why they change to the other phones in the first place. They want everyone to go ...oooooo and ahhhhh over the phone they have.
    06-16-10 09:29 AM
    Yeah... What does that have to do with my post? I said I started ignoring "the" threads, which obviously refers to the "I'm leaving BB" kind of threads.
    Heh... good point.
    06-16-10 12:48 PM
    All I know is I love my Blackberry and wouldn't go anywhere without it...
    06-17-10 09:47 PM
    Well as we all know..the "I'm leaving BB" threads ..they do it just to get a rise out of everyone and get them attention. And we give them exactly what they want when we reply back to them. I am guilty of it. But if we just ignore the thread and do not post on it with a reply, they will go away.
    They do it because they are attention whores and thats one of the big reasons why they change to the other phones in the first place. They want everyone to go ...oooooo and ahhhhh over the phone they have.
    Hit the nail on the head my friend. Anyone who has to come into a BB forum to post that they're switching to a different device actually thinks somebody gives a crap. Why would anyone here care that Joe Blow is switching from a BB to a droid or an iphone because they believe it's a better device? I certainly don't, and their arguments for doing so are usually totally laughable anyway.
    06-18-10 09:16 AM
    Well as we all know..the "I'm leaving BB" threads ..they do it just to get a rise out of everyone and get them attention.
    The same holds true for these asinine hyper-defensive BlackBerry threads. Both
    are equally ridiculous.
    06-18-10 11:57 AM
    Yes, I almost posted a thread like this earlier.

I am so sick of seeing 'leaving blackberry for iphone' or 'leaving blackberry for android'. If you're going then go, I don't care, don't tell me. Taking up space on the forums and irritating me (and I'm sure many others) at the same time.

TEAM BLACKBERRY
    yeah this site is for blackberry discussion, and helping others with their questions and queries about their BB. this is not a site for Iphone and android trolls
    06-18-10 12:02 PM
    You could amuse yourself by checking out this epic thread in the BlackBerry Bold 9700 forum:

Why I'll be switching from cabbage to spinach.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/wh...pinach-482640/

hahahahah this really is hilarious... lol
    06-18-10 12:38 PM
    Maybe crackberry should make a forum section called 'For the berry haters' and move all posts in to this section. maybe the amount of posts which are done will be cut down as they realise no one is actually reading their threads
    haha thats a good one. but dont we have sub forums for other deivces already? why dont they just post in there? the want attention perhaps...
    06-18-10 12:40 PM
    What I don't get is why not just leave as Steve Jobs wants you to do. Why post you are leaving because BB's suck. Leave and get your iPhone with a never before seen camera flash and a phone that can create folders. Innovation by Jobs is incredible!!
    i know right! the introduced copy n paste last year!! its so magical and revolutionary
    06-18-10 12:40 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD