To be honest, I want those apps on my BB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-28-12 07:22 PM
    I came to see your sexy smile and bedroom eyes, don't let it go to your head though.
    Anyone else chuckle at the two app android comcercials?-smiley-love006.gif
    Toodeurep, BergerKing and howarmat like this.
    12-28-12 07:54 PM
    That's why all the great forum members have moved on to the other site. We don't see them here anymore
    Actually, many of us post here far more regularly than some of the members that think they've superseded us. I've been on hiatus myself, from forums in general. Those of us who call this home always rotate back to say hello to those we know. We aren't fools posting 'goodbye' posts, we ebb and flow like life itself. A number of us have become friends in real life, and continue many traditions thru other means.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-28-12 at 08:53 PM.
    kraski likes this.
    12-28-12 08:27 PM
    To be honest, I want those apps on my BB10
    I want BB 10 to be the promise made two years ago. Execution and follow-up will make the difference, and likely bring them back to North American relevancy, if not competitively. I don't see WP being the pivot player, I think RIM has their hands on those reins. As long as they don't drop 'em, they should come out in better form.
    12-28-12 08:32 PM
    Actually, many of us post here far more regularly than some of the members that think they've superseded us. I've been on hiatus myself, from forums in general. Those of us who call this home always rotate back to say hello to those we know. We aren't fools posting 'goodbye' posts, we ebb and flow like life itself. A number of us have become friends in real life, and continue many traditions thru other means.
    Additionally, those who have left seem to come back.....after some huge goodbye drama or another.......then oooone after the other they return..........can't stay away. Even the banned ones come back under some new name. I left, back when I got tired of arguing with non BB users about how BB was the ONLY phone worth having. I asked PK for my account to be deleted. I was a HUGE BB fangirl. Lasted one month away from CB!!! And later found out that other phones ARE worth having.

CB *is* THE best BB site on the web. Some others are OK. And some are.....well....useless.

Which is why the ones who leave CAN'T. STAY. AWAY. For me, this IS my phone tech home. Visited other sites and....well....don't even come close to this one. Now, there are times when I disappear, basically because, as you say, life has its demands.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-29-12 at 04:59 AM.
    BergerKing, mikeo007 and Saiga like this.
    12-29-12 04:48 AM
    Additionally, those who have left seem to come back.....after some huge goodbye drama or another.......then oooone after the other they return..........can't stay away. Even the banned ones come back under some new name. I left, back when I got tired of arguing with non BB users about how BB was the ONLY phone worth having. I asked PK for my account to be deleted. I was a HUGE BB fangirl. Lasted one month away from CB!!! And later found out that other phones ARE worth having.

CB *is* THE best BB site on the web. Some others are OK. And some are.....well....useless.

Which is why the ones who leave CAN'T. STAY. AWAY. For me, this IS my phone tech home. Visited other sites and....well....don't even come close to this one. Now, there are times when I disappear, basically because, as you say, life has its demands.
    No doubt cb is a great site. I share these exact feelings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-29-12 06:16 AM
    You can read the reviews on any of them to see someone else always wants something done differently. No matter how hard a manufacturer tries, some jackstrap is gonna whine and bellyache. Can't please all of the people all of the time.
    You can't please everyone, but you can try. It is in this aspect that Android attempts stand out. I believe this is one of the main reasons it got 75% of the smartphone marketshare and why Samsung is the largest smartphone manufacturer now.

It's all about giving the consumers choice, and not having to settle for what the manufacturer decides for you. It can be as simple as the color of the phone. While most will be happy with black or white, I want other colors to choose from. Same with the size of the phone. Personally I think the Note was too big, but apparently lots of people prefer it.

There have been many discussions here on CB on the following topics, where members voiced different preferences.

Icons. Don't like the way they look? Just pick a theme and replace them.

Battery. Some have said they would sacrifice a little thickness in favor of more battery life. You can make this choice as well, by buying a larger battery and back cover and make the phone last for a couple of days.

Lockscreen. Think that waking up the phone entering a password dozens of times a day is too cumbersome? There are seven ways to unlock, from no lock at all, pattern unlock, face recognition, etc.

Keyboard. The Swiftkey keyboard licensed by RIM looks good, but is it best for everyone? You don't have to be saddled with one implementation that the manufacturer chose for you, just replace it. You may end up hating the autocorrect, just turn it off. Maybe you are most productive with swiping. I have several keyboards I can swap out: swiftkey flow, something that lets me use the Wii Remote for gaming, a null one for when I'm using a hardware keyboard.

Launcher options and widgets. There are too many to get into here but let me just give one example. Watching a BB10 demo video, I thought that the swipe up gesture to bring up the recent tasks was a great idea. So I copied it.

Don't like how the default speech synthesis sounds? Swap it out.

Hub vs Notifications. It's too long to get into this here, but to make an analogy from the enterprise software world: hub is like an integrated suite, where the notifications approach is like is like putting together your best of breed solution.

Set your own default apps. Do you have a preferred browser, or a preferred PDF reader, or a preferred music player other than what was preinstalled? Change your default, just like you would do in Windows or MacOS.
    12-29-12 01:30 PM
57 123