I have been holding off on pre-ordering a Z10 device and will be attempting my fate tomorrow to see who as what in stock at lunch time. I live in Red Deer (a.k.a the cleavage of Calgary and Edmonton) so I honestly can't see the device being sold out everywhere but from what I gather by just being in a couple of the stores there a lot of people interested in the phone.

I may skip out a wee bit early to try and avoid the possible lunchtime rush. I just want to get out of this POS pre-paid Android I have been carrying for the last six months.

The salesperson let me try out an actaul live demo at the Rogers Store and the phone is AWESOME! Once the apps start rolling in, I can't see why the BB won't be up there with the Apples and Androids of the world.
    jesse_h and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-04-13 02:06 PM
    Wasn't able to preorder as my local Bell was completely unorganized, I'm thinking of skipping my morning class to grab it ASAP.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 02:09 PM
    I pre-ordered. I'm hoping the delivery is tomorrow
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 02:19 PM
    Why did you not preorder, just out of curiosity?
    02-04-13 02:22 PM
    fate? More like destiny!
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 02:24 PM
    You should be OK first day or two, but by the weekend even small towns could be sold out. Moving from an Android BB10 will be like a breath of fresh air.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 02:25 PM
    Why did you not preorder, just out of curiosity?
    I didn't pre-order online for a few reasons. 1) I am with Telus so that should explain a lot there. 2) I don't have a credit card for ordering online; 3) I am hoping to get a white Z10 on release day and wasn't sure what Telus was going to have on the 5th. 4) I did go to a Telus store but the salesperson only took my name and phone number as they don't do in-store pre-orders because of what happened with the iPhone 5.

I wanted to pre-order through Best Buy as I do have gift card but they were always beating around the bush about when they would be getting stock so I just held off.
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-04-13 02:41 PM
    I didn't pre-order online for a few reasons. 1) I am with Telus so that should explain a lot there. 2) I don't have a credit card for ordering online; 3) I am hoping to get a white Z10 on release day and wasn't sure what Telus was going to have on the 5th. 4) I did go to a Telus store but the salesperson only took my name and phone number as they don't do in-store pre-orders because of what happened with the iPhone 5.

I wanted to pre-order through Best Buy as I do have gift card but they were always beating around the bush about when they would be getting stock so I just held off.
    I went to Telus over the weekend. The lady made a call to confirm the availability of the white Z10 and told me they wouldn't have it until mid February. The black one would be available tomorrow though. I did reserve a white one. She took my name, phone number and a $100 deposit...
    02-04-13 02:48 PM
    I pre-ordered, but they didnt call me to say that I can pick it up tomorrow
    im gonna call them tomorrow and they better have it!

btw there is a thread with details on a Sandisk SD Card sale at amazon.com/.ca ... VERY GOOD PRICE, check it out!
    02-04-13 02:54 PM
    Not sure I understand why there aren't enough in Canada to meet the demand. Where are the phones that would have come to the USA if we were on board with the unified launch?

Seems a good question no?
    02-04-13 02:57 PM
    Not sure I understand why there aren't enough in Canada to meet the demand. Where are the phones that would have come to the USA if we were on board with the unified launch?

Seems a good question no?
    From the original rogers situation it seems that the carriers didnt order enough, and that because of this the other phones were sent to other places. I know that within a week of pre-orders rogers had already ordered more (or so the article said), so if they were given the extra orders that means there are extras... who knows really.
    02-04-13 03:01 PM
    good luck to you OP
    jesse_h and blackhawksfan75 like this.
    02-04-13 03:01 PM
    Nope

Not convinced that I want one so my buddy at work is going to be my guinea pig
    02-04-13 03:08 PM
    I'm attempting fate today. Going to the malls now to try my luck
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 03:09 PM
    My wife has been due for a new phone for a while. Her Storm finally bit it a few months ago, and I had a spare 9900 kicking around that we moved her over to. She hates keyboards with a passion, though, and has been eagerly awaiting BB10. Just confirmed, her phone is waiting for her to pick up tomorrow!!
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 03:17 PM
    i didn't pre order because I wasn't sure what carrier to go with.
    now I wish I made my mind up earlier because I called a few places and one place had 1 that was already gone and the other had 4 and she said they will be gone fast.
    also, Telus wouldn't let me pre order without a contract. I will never go with a contract again. Even my 9900 I bought outright.
    Doh!
    Last edited by epress man; 02-04-13 at 03:34 PM.
    02-04-13 03:20 PM
    I did not order...tested one out at Best Buy mobile on Friday....I figure if they have none available when I show up I have waited this long and another day or three will not kill me.
    02-04-13 03:21 PM
    I won't attempt fate, but I may tempt it
    parabola, Stewartj1, hpjrt and 6 others like this.
    02-04-13 03:23 PM
    heh heh... he said 'cleavage'...

Saw a demo Z-10 unit at the Source on the weekend (Sherwood Park, just out of Edmonton) when I was picking up some heat-shrink soldering tubing... they only had that one in and no others yet, expecting them this week. Damn, but she is a big phone! The Source folks actually knew about BB-10, the phone, where the SIM and SD card slots were and what plans were available. I was impressed!

Dunno aboot the size, tho... still patiently waiting to see if they bring out a slider.
    02-04-13 03:32 PM
    Exactly how does one "attempt" fate?

Are yeh a wizard, Harry?
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-04-13 03:34 PM
    Small town here. I did not pre-order as I reckoned I could just walk in and get one. As a precaution, I did leave my name in the in-store list. Today I was passing by so I checked that they had indeed received inventory for tomorrow. They have, but only in Black and I wanted a white! They have no idea of when they'll be getting the white so.....I'll probably go Black, as I can't wait any longer. Better call them and tell them to change the White to Black in their book!
    02-04-13 03:35 PM
    Koodo didnt have the option to preorder. They just now told me they will have them tomorrow but "better to call first". Ill show up and hope for the best
    02-04-13 03:37 PM
    I did a preorder through Virgin and got absolutely no confirmation or any feedback so unless I miraculously get an email tomorrow saying they have a phone for me, I'll have to go around and try to find one.
    02-04-13 03:56 PM
    I didn't preorder but a Rogers store rep took my name down, I just called them. They said they had a bunch for pre-orders but about 30 or so available for the public. He said if I was there before noon, my name will be on one of them. By noon or just after lunch hour, he believes they will be sold out according to all the calls they are getting.
    02-04-13 04:03 PM
    As a follow-up to my post above, I also called Rogers retentions, as I'm a very long time customer. I'm getting my early upgrade fee credited back to my account. Sweet!!
    02-04-13 04:37 PM
54 123