So its been a little less than 2 months since I got my new BB 9900. I have been a BB customer since the 8800 days and the only new phones I'm interested are from RIM. The 9900 has been the best BB I have owned till date, but now I already have the upgrade bug, and I can't wait for the new QNX phones. I know the forst QNX is supposed to be an all touch device so I'm going to have my 9900 with a QNX side by side. But the QNX cant get here fast enough.
    Just wanting to know if others here also have the itch to upgrade from their OS7 devices or is it just me being impatient?
    10-09-11 06:30 PM
    Quite happy with my OS7 9900 but I've come from OS5 on the 9700, could never get OS 6 to work well enough on it so always went back to OS5.

The biggest revelation for me has been the general speed of the device and the new browser, I'm happy with mine and while I do look forward to a good Bold 9900 type device with QNX toward the end of 2012 I'm happy with OS 7 for now... but I might pickup a QNX Playbook to go with it!
    Guatiao likes this.
    10-09-11 06:35 PM
    Sam you're addicted! Do you change cars, tv's etc. all the time too?
    10-09-11 06:40 PM
    sam, if you didn't know that QNX was in development, would you still be "bored"?
    10-09-11 06:43 PM
    Woo hoo Sam!!!

I recently saw the BB usage numbers for India - and they're enormous!

Is it true that you still have only 2G though in most parts of India?
    10-09-11 06:53 PM
    Loving mine, I do everything on it. It's awesome to be able to view full web pages easily on a BlackBerry now. The only thing QNX will bring that I really want is Flash but I can definitely live without it for a while. On the 9810 right now but might switch to 9900 when it arrives at AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 07:03 PM
    I thought I was bad wanting to upgrade my phone every year, bike every two years, and car every three...
    10-09-11 07:04 PM
    i'm happy with OS 5 on my 9700. Does want I want, don't feel the need to blow hard earned cash on something that will be only marginally better and with benefits that can be measured in only seconds.
    10-09-11 07:33 PM
    Bored? You kiddin me? I love this device and have desire to move on to anything else. You have a bad addiction if this is how you feel.

10-09-11 07:45 PM
    Not bored. Impatient for themes. By now I've got all the apps I normally use, but I'm still wanting some themes.

I won't be an early adopter of QNX because I don't like all touch. Aside from that, I've learned my lesson with the unavailability of my regular apps and some premium themes in new devices. It takes forever to get them.
    10-09-11 08:01 PM
    ... I know the forst QNX is supposed to be an all touch device so I'm going to have my 9900 with a QNX side by side...
    You already have that combination with the 9900 and PlayBook
    10-09-11 09:57 PM
    I can say after a month of using my 9900 I'm kind of bored with it a little, that's after I played with my iphone4, i watched a episode of breaking bad via netflix, watched the giants game via slingbox, and watched the penguins game via gamecenter live, and downloaded 2 new albums via mog... Geez I can say that I missed my media consumption a lot!
    I'm still gonna use it until wednesday when ios 5 comes out and see what happens... I hope rim ups their app game up in the next year or so...

Sent from my bold 9900
    10-09-11 11:48 PM
    I just love upgrading haha. Had a dumb phone in september of last year, got a bb curve 8530 in march, Bold 9900 is August and i plan on getting one of the qnx phones in febuary or march if they are released then and the reviews are phenominal. They will have to be to get me to switch to an all touch device haha
    10-10-11 12:00 AM
    I think I'll stick to the last keyboard bb (9800) till it's death, all touch is scary and not handy when you need to be able of using it also in a rush or to use it even without looking straight to the keys just to type. And for me the BB physical keyboards are more than ergo and fine. Too bad all good things must come to an end.
    And even, Mother Nature didn't let me with thin enough fingers which are needed to type on all touch.

10-10-11 02:53 AM
    I've always gotten bored with phones within 6 months no matter what the platform. I know the feeling of always wanting something new to figure out.
    I do change cars, bikes and gadgets often as well.
    10-10-11 03:02 AM
    So its been a little less than 2 months since I got my new BB 9900. I have been a BB customer since the 8800 days and the only new phones I'm interested are from RIM. The 9900 has been the best BB I have owned till date, but now I already have the upgrade bug, and I can't wait for the new QNX phones. I know the forst QNX is supposed to be an all touch device so I'm going to have my 9900 with a QNX side by side. But the QNX cant get here fast enough.
    Just wanting to know if others here also have the itch to upgrade from their OS7 devices or is it just me being impatient?
    if you are really bored withit,send it to me in va I will be glad to take it off your hands lol.

10-10-11 04:09 AM
    I love my berries, looking forward to the form factor I want. Other devices will be just toys for me. Hands down a berry will always be my main business device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Guatiao likes this.
    10-10-11 04:12 AM
    The big problem with OS7 is that, like the other BlackBerry OSs that preceded it, it works. To some extent that makes it somewhat boring.

You switch it on and, ... it works.

The only interesting thing that hapens with a BlackBerry OS is that you need to reboot it from time to time. How boring is that? It does not fall over, it does not suddenly flash pretty colors on screen and you can install most applications without problems.

It does not need jailbreaking or rooting. I mean, the Blackberry OS is just so rock solid reliable, its IS boring. I love it. I just need a phone and email that works 24/7. My blackBerrys have aloways done just that.

I will buy a QNX device but I shall wait for 6 months or so after release. I do not want an exciting phone and OS, I want a reliable phone and OS.

You can tell the pioneers by the arrows in their backs.

In short, I like boring OSs.
    10-10-11 04:41 AM
    Sam you're addicted! Do you change cars, tv's etc. all the time too?
    Cars once in three years. TV's not so much.
    10-10-11 05:05 AM
    Woo hoo Sam!!!

I recently saw the BB usage numbers for India - and they're enormous!

Is it true that you still have only 2G though in most parts of India?
    They rolled out 3g networks in Jan this year. But yea it's only in the major cities as of now.
    The Government is yet to auction off spectrum and licenses to Service Providers in different circles.
    The initial auction was for the major cities. Then a whole scandal blew up with our telecom minister having allotted 2G spectrum on his own whims and fancies (read kickbacks). The 3G spectrum auction brought in $15.1 Billion for the govt, while the 2G was allotted for free on the Minister's discretion. Needless to say when the people saw how much the 3g brought in there was an investigation done and the Minister is in jail. Pending this huge loss, the whole licensing policy is under review and has probably held back auction of 3g spectrum in other parts of the country. This is India. Everything is possible here
    Also the 3G services cost about $30 for 2gb data per month. That is still deemed expensive in the small towns and villages. So the service providers themselves are not too enthusiastic in upgrading to 3g when they know the service won't sell as much.
    ritesh likes this.
    10-10-11 05:23 AM
    The big problem with OS7 is that, like the other BlackBerry OSs that preceded it, it works. To some extent that makes it somewhat boring.

You switch it on and, ... it works.

The only interesting thing that hapens with a BlackBerry OS is that you need to reboot it from time to time. How boring is that? It does not fall over, it does not suddenly flash pretty colors on screen and you can install most applications without problems.

It does not need jailbreaking or rooting. I mean, the Blackberry OS is just so rock solid reliable, its IS boring. I love it. I just need a phone and email that works 24/7. My blackBerrys have aloways done just that.

I will buy a QNX device but I shall wait for 6 months or so after release. I do not want an exciting phone and OS, I want a reliable phone and OS.

You can tell the pioneers by the arrows in their backs.

In short, I like boring OSs.
    I think I just have the itchy bug to explore a new device.
    I always feel tempted by the huge specs of Androids, but I know I will never use them.
    I will keep my 9900 even if I buy a QNX phone.
    10-10-11 05:27 AM
    I was tempted by huge specs and bought a phone that ended up disappointing me. It was gorgeous and had a beautiful display with five billion apps. Yet it became laggy and unresponsive, had terrible battery life, did not have the depth of notifications and profiles that BB has, and I ended up giving it away to a family member.
    The only time I've let go of a BB is when another comes along.
    So....having been tempted, having tried, and having been disappointed by big specs, I can say nah....I'll keep my BBerries.
    ritesh and Guatiao like this.
    10-10-11 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD