Now that I've got a BB, and I've seen how useful they are, I'm thinking that if my wife had one too we wouldn't need high speed internet at the house anymore. Anyone else ever come to this conclusion or actually done it?
    01-09-09 09:23 AM
    Yeah, I got rid of mine. I have the internet at work if I really need it.
    01-09-09 09:30 AM
    Nope. BlackBerry, as great as it is, would never replace my hi-speed Internet connection. Very different purposes. I have a desktop and a laptop with a wireless router and wireless networked printing. Not a chance I'd give that up voluntarily! YMMV

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 09:34 AM
    My cousin teathers her 8130 to her pc rather than having internet. I couldn't do it, but I also game and stream netflix.

01-09-09 09:55 AM
    Nope,couldn't see why one really would. Can't compare the two really.
    And tethering, costs more than high speed internet. I'll keep both!
    01-09-09 09:57 AM
    No way! I'm too into tech and geeky ness to bring myself to turn my high speed off. I have 2 jobs. My 2nd job pays my utilities. I choose internet over TV...So yeah, I need high speed haha.

01-09-09 10:07 AM
    Nope. Gotta have my high-speed internet with wireless, which I can also use with my upcoming Bold. Also online PS3 and streaming DirecTV make it a necessary luxury. More and more things are making it nearly impossible not to have...at least for me.
    01-09-09 10:15 AM
    The only reason I still have DSL is my wife works from the house. Otherwise I would not have it. I never use the computer anymore. Last time I was on the computer was June.
    01-09-09 11:56 AM
    Couldn't imagine it. It's nice having the internet on the go but really
    there is only so much the BB browser can do.
    01-09-09 12:04 PM
    I would consider the tethering plan as long as 3G would be at my house as well as 5 Gig limit was dropped to be unlimited!

Charlie
    01-09-09 12:49 PM
    Yeah, I don't think so. ^_^ I see them as complementary, not interchangeable.
    01-09-09 12:52 PM
    Despite being on the blackberry more than my PC, I can't see getting rid of my high speed internet. Keep in mind that the blackberry does not support flash. I like having the ability of being able to download and upload pictures, vidoes, and music files using my PC. If the blackberry had flash, and a speed comparable to high speed internet I would take a look into it. Not now.
    01-09-09 02:01 PM
    Though my BB allows me to access most of my regularly used sites, I can't give up my internet just yet. I use my PC just like my BB most of the time, but I like to pay bills online, I think it would be too tedious on my Curve. I do check my back account regularly on my Curve though. But can't quite ditch my hi-speed internet, especially when I still play on my xBox Live and download music.
    01-09-09 03:14 PM
    Definitely not... I hit my monthly cap in a matter of days, no way I'd be able to survive with just a 6GB tethering plan.
    01-09-09 03:22 PM
    I have unlimited data, and I still wouldn't do it. But I download a lot... hi-speed is the only way to go for me. if it was just for email/web browsing I might consider it.
    01-09-09 03:43 PM
    No I use both bb and internet daily has tpo be high speed

01-09-09 04:07 PM
    No way! I like the best of both worlds...
    01-09-09 04:14 PM
    Nope. I would reach the tethering cap way too quickly.
    01-09-09 06:03 PM
    i need my home internet
    my Bold has 3gb data in the plan (and unlimited thru BIS)
    but i upload gallerys of photos to my website quite frequently, i also FTP Large files.
    i would chew up my 3gb on my blackberry within 10 days with my normal use
    01-09-09 06:22 PM
    Agreed. No chance I'd get rid of it.
    01-09-09 06:53 PM
    Nope. The internet being on the go is definitely great, but the blackberry browser is very far away from being enough to replace my high speed internet connection.

There are just too many things that I need a home computer for.
    01-09-09 06:55 PM
    I couldn't I've up my high speed wireless. O use it to much for school and xbox.

01-09-09 07:43 PM
    Does the veizon tethering plan have a cap? And does 3G speed feel to slow to use on a laptop? The answer to these two questions will help me determine if this is something I could do.

Oh, by the way, I can get the tethering plan for $35 with my discount. :-)

01-09-09 07:55 PM
    I gotta agree. BB is a great convenience, but can't compare to all I can do over high speed internet.
    01-09-09 08:33 PM
    Come on...the berry is a phone. It certainly cant replace high speed internet.

claire
    01-09-09 08:58 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD