Come on...the berry is a phone. It certainly cant replace high speed internet.

claire
    This.

The Blackberry is a dandy little device and I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't always messing around with mine, but it's definitely just a mobile device. When I'm at home, internet browsing is done on my computer with high speed internet ('cept when I'm in the bathroom.....that's the blackberries territory.)
    01-09-09 09:01 PM
    Flash player for bb. What a wonderful dream.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 09:26 PM
    ('cept when I'm in the bathroom.....that's the blackberries territory.)

Ummm...I've already dropped one in the toilet so that's one room the my berry never goes.
    01-09-09 09:33 PM
    I can't see getting rid of my high-speed at home. I'd also hit my data cap because of downloads and publishing.

As someone said, both are complimentary. The BB gives you that added extra (albeit expensive for some) of needing the internet fix on an ol-fashioned computer. I know I'll test it out at the track this year
    01-09-09 09:40 PM
    i have to keep my desk top i like the high speed to much to give it up. i still used a 126 MB on my blackberry last month to.
    01-09-09 09:53 PM
    ('cept when I'm in the bathroom.....that's the blackberries territory.)
    ... could have done without that bit of info

Ummm...I've already dropped one in the toilet so that's one room the my berry never goes.
    Never dropped mine in a toilet, sink etc... but I am so with you on this one.
    I did drop my first Pearl head first into a cup of tea though. My own stupidity.
    01-09-09 10:22 PM
    I wouldn't drop my HSI
    Well.........
    Mainly because I get it for free. I work for comcast, lol

01-09-09 11:06 PM
    For a second that thought ocurred to me - but only a second.. ;-)

As much as I'd love to save the $80 I have to pay/mo for satellite internet, I cannot make that step.

01-09-09 11:31 PM
    I did drop my first Pearl head first into a cup of tea though.

Herbal?

claire
    01-10-09 12:58 AM
    Fortunatly for me AT&T allows me to teather my 8100 Pearl to my CradlePoint wireless gateway... so you see, my BB is my highspeed wireless internet
    01-10-09 02:14 AM
    Fortunatly for me AT&T allows me to teather my 8100 Pearl to my CradlePoint wireless gateway... so you see, my BB is my highspeed wireless internet

You might be able to call it your internet connection, but it certainly isnt high speed.

claire
    01-10-09 02:26 AM
    You might be able to call it your internet connection, but it certainly isnt high speed.

claire
    Agreed, however it's all I've got... unless I figure out a way to boost my neighbors wireless signal down to my pad then this is all I've got.
    01-10-09 02:36 AM
    Does he have security on his signal?

claire
    01-10-09 02:53 AM
    No thanks I have to have both...it is a big difference with my BB and high speed internet...no comparison with me

01-10-09 03:04 AM
    Herbal?

claire
    Earl Grey, one sugar.

Funny, when my grandma was alive she used a Bergamot hair pomade,
    every time I have a cup I think the way her hair smelled.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-10-09 at 03:18 AM.
    01-10-09 03:15 AM
    Does he have security on his signal?

claire
    Oh yeah, but we have talked he is totally cool with me using it. Problem is the signal doesn't quite make it to my house yet. I need to work with some solutions to boost the signal.

Already tried wireless repeaters, no luck yet.

01-10-09 03:46 AM
    Couldn't imagine it. It's nice having the internet on the go but really
    there is only so much the BB browser can do.
    I agree.

01-10-09 05:02 AM
    I love having internet on my phone, but it is a lot easier to view on my desktop or laptop. It is bigger, quicker, I know I'll always click on the correct thing. I need it for university also. I can type so much quicker on a computer. A lot of the times if I'm at home and I get an email, I'll reply to it on the computer because I find it tidious to type long things on my storm.
    01-10-09 05:28 AM
    I have dumped my high speed as I wasn't using it nearly as much as I was before my BB. If I need to use a pc online I can do it @ work. I download updates to a thumb drive for use @ home. So far its perfect for me.
    01-10-09 12:47 PM
    Nope, my 8900 is great on tethering but I won't drop my high speed wireless internet at home. We have Wireless N and it's really fast! Great for streaming Netflix.

At college however, I'm rarely on the Wi-Fi network via my laptop. I hate how the college throttles p2p connections and even YouTube is sooo slow. It's actually faster for me to tether at college, so that's just what I do.
    04-19-09 10:08 PM
    I wouldnt drop my High Speed. The browsing experience is different. But I admit I can do a lot of things on my BB that I could do on my PC that are important like check my banking or even paying bills.
    04-19-09 11:21 PM
    Couldn't drop it. I mean I use it for some things well out of bb reaches. It just doesn't seem logic (yet, give it 2 - 3 years and unlimited may mean 'unlimited' - I mean with tethering, and with 5G (1gbps), I can see it)
    04-19-09 11:26 PM
    If you were going to browse this website on your storm, reading
    the forum and posting your phone would be out of date by the
    time you answered someone. A computer can still get things one
    much faster..
    04-19-09 11:31 PM
    Ditch my HSI, with my 22 inch flat screen monitor?

Ditch all the online games and movies I can play and watch?

Ditch the ability to have several windows open at once, chat, web browsing and a game or two?

I may be old, and I may be crazy, but I'm not old, crazy and stupid!!!

Besides I can't get Second Life to boot up on my 8320.
    04-20-09 12:22 AM
    throwback thread... nope, not I. Never!
    04-20-09 12:25 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD