A few times while typing I noticed that the cursor would scroll back a few characters and I'd end up typing new text into previously typed words. At first I thought the trackball was extremely sensitive and moved on it's own, but then I realized that for certain letter combinations where my left thumb would be on the right side of the keyboard, it would brush the trackball on the way back to the left side.

Is it just me or does this happen to others?

I have a bold which seems to have more distance between the trackball and the keyboard. I noticed that some other models seem to have less distance so I'd probably be doing that all the time on other devices like the Tour.
    07-02-09 12:29 PM
    It doesn't happen to me but when I try to click links with the trackball I sometimes miss the link because the trackball would scroll.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 01:35 PM
    Its happend to me a couple times when i had my BB
    07-02-09 02:01 PM
    Nope, never happens to me. I made it a point when I started learning to type quickly on my curve to never let the left and right thumbs cross into each other's territory. Really helped me get very quick typing.
    07-02-09 02:08 PM
    I tend to do this when I start typing really fast. Mostly when I type "you" for some reason my place with get moved back by one character and this happens: "yo are goingu" and so on.

Sometimes happens with the "t" key also.

Kinda weird because I don't really know how I am doing it either... When typing my fingers never go up that high, and my trackball is certainly not that sensitive.

On a side note, being still new to the BB I tend to try and put the " ' " up myself in some words [like "don't"] and it tends to get things out of wack, only because for whatever reason I forget to press the "alt" key.
    07-02-09 02:22 PM
    Thats never happened to me but if my berry is lagging ill pass over the app i wanna hit a few times.
    07-02-09 02:42 PM
    Never have that problem; guess I found a benefit to having 'Homer Simpson' fingers...my thumbs mash several keys at one time so I type with my index fingers. They have learned to play together very well on the keyboard and never go above the qwerty row of keys.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 07-02-09 at 03:22 PM.
    07-02-09 03:20 PM
    Nope never had it happen!!!
    07-02-09 08:15 PM
    Never happens to me. I can see how it can happen though.

07-02-09 09:22 PM
    Wow ALWAYS happens to me!
    When sending a text, and usually when i'm browsing i'll miss a link .. even though i have sensitivity set to 70! Get's annoying and frustrating..
    07-02-09 09:44 PM
    Here and there but not that often...
    07-02-09 10:07 PM
    It doesn't happen to me but when I try to click links with the trackball I sometimes miss the link because the trackball would scroll.
    That happens to me too. One time I was editing an important memo quite extensively and when I was done, I hit the back button which brought up the <save> <discard> <cancel> options. Highlighted SAVE but as my thumb hit the trackball, I scrolled to DISCARD as I depressed the ball and lost everything.

Damn you, sensitivity=90! Damn you!
    07-03-09 01:16 AM
    OUCH!
    And wow, sensitivity at 90! If I were picking countries from a drop down list and had to choose canada, I'd end up in australia

07-03-09 02:13 AM
    A few times while typing I noticed that the cursor would scroll back a few characters and I'd end up typing new text into previously typed words. At first I thought the trackball was extremely sensitive and moved on it's own, but then I realized that for certain letter combinations where my left thumb would be on the right side of the keyboard, it would brush the trackball on the way back to the left side.

Is it just me or does this happen to others?

I have a bold which seems to have more distance between the trackball and the keyboard. I noticed that some other models seem to have less distance so I'd probably be doing that all the time on other devices like the Tour.
    YES. Haha, I have a Bold as well and this does happen to me from time to time. It always moves to the left into previously typed letters.
    07-03-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD