I've seen a lot of posts regarding the S2 having MiFi capabilities. But I have a different question.

I use a VZW MiFi as my internet connection for my home. I'm trying to use the wifi radio in my S2 to access this MiFi connection and have not been successful. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success with this.

I know this seems redundant - using the same cell network for internet - I just want to be able to browse the web and send e-mail if I happen to be on a long call.

Thanks.
    11-27-09 11:45 AM
    You should be able to use your MIFI connection with your s2. Are you sure your doing it properly? You still have to add the MIFI network to your storm2 just like you would your home WIFI network.
    11-27-09 11:51 AM
    How many devices do you currently have connected to the MiFi router? From what I understand the max is 4, though I do not have access to one to test this. You probably need to go into your security settings and make sure that you don't have any MAC filtering enabled as this would stop you from connecting. I am sure it is a setting that needs to be resolved as I see where you are coming from with wanting to do this.

I haven't messed with it too much but it should be similar to setting up and AD-HOC network from device to device.
    11-27-09 11:54 AM
    I have been adding it. Whether or not I've been doing it properly is another question I'm not at home at the moment, but it picks up the MiFi. It just won't connect or authenticate. I have a WEP Key on it, but it doesn't ask for that. It has some type of other strange authentication - again, not being home, I forget at the moment.
    11-27-09 11:55 AM
    MIFI are easy to set up, turn em on after active, connect up to 5 devices. Is your MiFi connected via USB to a PC? if so it would act as an aircard not as a WiFi hotspot. The Authentication password is on the back of the MiFi (very secure eh?) it also happens to be the ESN DEC.
    11-27-09 11:56 AM
    It should be the same principal as your home wifi network. It broadcasts the wifi signal and allows you to connect your device to it. Now whether you have the settings correct or not is a different story.
    11-27-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD