Since they have the other LTE bands besides 66, has anyone been taking advantage of it? The carrier section didn't follow suit with the name change either, fyi. I just want to know, as this is influencing whether or not in two years, I will be purchasing the next device from BlackBerry, band 66 or not.

Currently bouncing between classic and passport when there's no charger in sight (when outdoors for an extended period of time and usage habits).

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    05-09-18 10:52 AM
    Since they have the other LTE bands besides 66, has anyone been taking advantage of it? The carrier section didn't follow suit with the name change either, fyi. I just want to know, as this is influencing whether or not in two years, I will be purchasing the next device from BlackBerry, band 66 or not.

Currently bouncing between classic and passport when there's no charger in sight (when outdoors for an extended period of time and usage habits).

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    DTEKs and KEYᵒⁿᵉ don't have band 66.

Motion does.
    05-09-18 10:59 AM
    No I have not, no option either when in settings. I got the notification 4g is what my KeyOne is on freedome

Posted via CB10
    05-09-18 10:59 AM
    There are new bands already enabled since last month, so is it being filtered out based on brand, or some other factor? This is real confusing. Lol
    Has any non-blackberry devices gotten it? Should've added that earlier when writing.

05-09-18 11:19 AM
    There are new bands already enabled since last month, so is it being filtered out based on brand, or some other factor? This is real confusing. Lol
    Has any non-blackberry devices gotten it? Should've added that earlier when writing.

Freedom uses band 66 (only the Motion has this band in the BlackBerry lineup) but also uses band 4 (which all LTE phones have).

They also started using band 5 in some urban areas. KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Motion, and DTEKs have that.
    05-09-18 11:23 AM
    Freedom uses band 66 (only the Motion has this band in the BlackBerry lineup) but also uses band 4 (which all LTE phones have).

They also started using band 5 in some urban areas. KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Motion, and DTEKs have that.
    That's why I was asking, are BlackBerry branded android devices able to utilise LTE bands 4, 7 and 5 (in some areas) besides band 66, or is it just non-blackberry android devices? I'm asking if it indicates LTE or 4G+ on the screen.

05-09-18 12:01 PM
    That's why I was asking, are BlackBerry branded android devices able to utilise LTE bands 4, 7 and 5 (in some areas) besides band 66, or is it just non-blackberry android devices? I'm asking if it indicates LTE or 4G+ on the screen.

I guess I don't understand your question. I explained what bands the BlackBerry Android devices have.
    05-09-18 12:05 PM
    I guess I don't understand your question. I explained what bands the BlackBerry Android devices have.
    I know, I'm inquiring if people using freedom mobile were able to take advantage of LTE on the supported bands other than 66 specifically with BlackBerry (or non-blackberry) branded android devices.

05-09-18 12:12 PM
    I know, I'm inquiring if people using freedom mobile were able to take advantage of LTE on the supported bands other than 66 specifically with BlackBerry (or non-blackberry) branded android devices.

I'm still confused. Why wouldn't they?
    05-09-18 12:21 PM
    I'm still confused. Why wouldn't they?
    It actually is a problem with BB10 and BB Android devices on Freedom,

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-lte-1138470/
    05-09-18 03:05 PM

"I am glad that the Motion which has Band 66 appears to work like a charm, that's what I wanted to hear!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-09-18 03:18 PM

"I am glad that the Motion which has Band 66 appears to work like a charm, that's what I wanted to hear!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I wasn't the only one asking about that. The other LTE bands which are available should work the same way for all devices like band 66 does.

Certainly unfair to filter out devices based on operating system, blame the IT department for that.

05-09-18 03:45 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I believe OP is asking about bands 4 and 7 which Freedom rolled out last year.
    05-10-18 12:26 AM
    Hey all, I was able to connect to LTE in Vancouver today using my KeyOne!

I was looking into how people connected to LTE in Ottawa:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12985157

I installed the "4G LTE Switch" app from the Play store and enabled LTE and it worked immediately.

There is supposed to be a dialer code ##46368676 ## that accesses the same menu but I have not been able to get the dialer code to work.

Hope it helps everyone!
    05-25-18 03:55 PM
    Hey all, I was able to connect to LTE in Vancouver today using my KeyOne!

I was looking into how people connected to LTE in Ottawa:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12985157

I installed the "4G LTE Switch" app from the Play store and enabled LTE and it worked immediately.

There is supposed to be a dialer code ##46368676 ## that accesses the same menu but I have not been able to get the dialer code to work.

Hope it helps everyone!
    That cause your code is wrong.
    Here try this... *#*#46368676#*#*
    05-26-18 08:47 AM
    I'm using BlackBerry Motion and at the top of my phone shows 4G LTE. I bought the phone from Telus. Regards.
    06-07-18 10:22 AM
    Keytwo supports band 66, good news. Next phone it is!

06-08-18 12:58 AM
    I'm using BlackBerry Motion and at the top of my phone shows 4G LTE. I bought the phone from Telus. Regards.
    Are you on freedom mobile too?

06-08-18 12:58 AM
    Are you on freedom mobile too?

Yes, I'm on Freedom Mobile. And using a Telus bought BlackBerry Motion. I'm not sure if it's Freedom Mobile's recent network uograde but at the top of my BlackBerry Motion it shows 4G LTE and all I did was put my simcard in the phone. Prior to the BlackBerry Motion, I was using a BlackBerry KeyOne and was only getting 4G until I found an app from the Google Play store called 4G LTE Switch; this gave me the option to choose various network settings. So I chose LTE / UMTS Auto PRL and now my BlackBerry KeyOne is on 4G LTE. Hope this helps.
    06-10-18 11:18 PM
    Yes, I'm on Freedom Mobile. And using a Telus bought BlackBerry Motion. I'm not sure if it's Freedom Mobile's recent network uograde but at the top of my BlackBerry Motion it shows 4G LTE and all I did was put my simcard in the phone. Prior to the BlackBerry Motion, I was using a BlackBerry KeyOne and was only getting 4G until I found an app from the Google Play store called 4G LTE Switch; this gave me the option to choose various network settings. So I chose LTE / UMTS Auto PRL and now my BlackBerry KeyOne is on 4G LTE. Hope this helps.
    Which application is it? Doubt it would work on BlackBerry 10 devices (android runtime). :P the one with the red icon? There's quite a few.

06-11-18 01:30 PM
    Which application is it? Doubt it would work on BlackBerry 10 devices (android runtime). :P the one with the red icon? There's quite a few.

It's the one with the red icon, the developer is Unita Informatics. I'm not sure if it'll work with BB10 device. If i have time I have a BlackBerry Classic and i will try and see if the app works. Regards.
    06-11-18 01:47 PM