I was headed out the other day for an hour drive and forgot my Ipod. I have a cable that goes into my radio and it has a headphone jack on it. I got an idea to stream Pandora through the BB and voila, I had perfect streaming radio from the BB through the car speakers. I didn't have any problems with the music cutting out and it is one less thing to carry. I will just put my ipod music on the BB now and use that when I travel.

For whatever reason I hadn't thought about using the BB in the car before.

Maybe some of you use other radio programs or streaming services for different genres of music/talk radio.
    09-14-09 02:58 AM
    I had once. And then I recieved a phone call!
    WOO my entire car became a speaker phone! haha
    It was fun Just talking aloud while hearing everything clearly because I have like 4 speakers surrounding me.. haha it was fun
    09-14-09 03:06 AM
    ive been doing both of those things for awhile. definitely pretty cool.
    09-14-09 03:19 AM
    I had once. And then I recieved a phone call!
    It was fun Just talking aloud while hearing everything clearly because I have like 4 speakers surrounding me.. haha it was fun

I hadn't thought about the speakers during a call. I wonder if they could hear me through the BB mic....
    09-14-09 03:25 AM
    I hadn't thought about the speakers during a call. I wonder if they could hear me through the BB mic....
    Yes the mic on the blackberry does the job, i've actually been doing that for a while. Very cool thing to do. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 03:31 AM
    I have not tried with my BB yet but I know what you are talking about I have with my ipod.
    yeah I was wondering how that would be , lol
    I hadn't thought about the speakers during a call. I wonder if they could hear me through the BB mic
    Yes the mic on the blackberry does the job, i've actually been doing that for a while. Very cool thing to do.
    sounds good , without even to have a headset on then since ya hear then though car sound system

09-14-09 05:57 AM
    I use Pandora in my car once in awhile. Its really convenient.
    09-14-09 06:08 AM
    Same here Pandora!! thinking about canceling my XM subscription...
    09-14-09 06:24 AM
    Ditto on possibly cancelling XM, though I love my Inno.

But with Slacker and customized comedy and music channels, WEEI Sports Radio via Flycast (when out of range), and eventually putting a 16gb MicroSD card in, I am finding it hard to justify the price (yes, though it is a rentention annual deal) on a monthly basis just for O&A, which is the only channel I would miss, I think.

I am up in 2 weeks. I think I will call the cancellation line and ask for 3 months free to see how my blackberry usage shakes out (just got it last week).
    09-14-09 07:54 AM
    I use my slacker daily on my 30 mile 1 way trip. No problems with calls either built in Bluetooth takes care of that for me.

09-14-09 08:03 AM
    I used my dare and now my tour in the car. Checkout the Jabra bluetooth fm transmitter/hands free speaker phone.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 09-14-09 at 08:36 AM.
    09-14-09 08:04 AM
    I drive on a lot of dirt roads in the mountains and such so my ipod seems to be the best option
    09-14-09 08:05 AM
    I've been using Pandora in the car for a while. I never thought about using the car as a speaker phone though. My car is wired as a bluetooth speakerphone, but the sound comes out of a speaker under the dash (after market job). It works well, however, when I have the top down it is hard to hear out of that speaker sometimes. If I could get the calls to come out of my stereo speakers that would be awesome. Thanks for the tip!
    09-14-09 08:09 AM
    I use my Tour in the car, between Pandora/Slacker and PodTrapper it's perfect. I cancelled my Sirius subscription. I don't get calls routed through the car speakers though, how does that happen?
    09-14-09 08:39 AM
    I just play the music off of my BB through my USB.
    09-14-09 08:49 AM
    I wish I could justify leaving my Zune at home and just using my BB for my music so that I would only have to carry one device, but the battery just doesn't last as long and the 8GB limit is shadowed by the 30GB on the Zune :-\
    09-14-09 09:10 AM
    I use it for the music sometimes..either from my memory card or pandora, but i have been told that slacker sounds better, im going to give that a try as well!
    09-14-09 09:16 AM
    I use Pandora through bluetooth in my car works great but eats my battery so i only do it when its a short trip or when I remember the charger.
    09-14-09 09:18 AM
    I do this a lot but with music I just got done downloading. I put it on my phone first, preview it in the car to see if I like the album or not and from there if I like it, I'll burn it onto a disc.

IMO, the sound quality is garbage though!

09-14-09 09:22 AM
    I used the RIM bluetooth stereo gateway to listen to slacker and it is the only way to go. So much better then using wires.
    09-14-09 09:44 AM
    I use my slacker daily on my 30 mile 1 way trip. No problems with calls either built in Bluetooth takes care of that for me.

Ditto. Plus I use it on the train ride to work. A couple of our cars have an iPod connection in the glove compartment. A company named Fipo makes a Bluetooth adapter that you connect the iPod connector so you can play any of the audio from you BB.

amazon.com/ANYCOM-FIPO-Bluetooth-Receiver-wireless/dp/B000RQSGH6

Also, that Fipo piece will connect to ANY iPod connector and add Bluetooth to it. Let's say you have an iPod dock connected to your stereo at home. If you plug the Fipo into the dock, then you can use your BB as a music source.
    09-14-09 10:07 AM
    Use pandora and iHeartRadion all over, in the car, at the office. My iPod has been gathering dust for weeks.

09-14-09 10:12 AM
    16gb micro, pandora, slacker, and siriusXM for blackberry has eliminated 2 of 3 devices i used to use. cant give up any xm until O&A lose yet another job
    09-14-09 08:33 PM
    Usin my BB Tour for radio was and is a major factor for me getting the phone. I drive (deliver packages) and so i like having the radio on all day! I recharge the phone when I come home for lunch, but I think it could easily last all day playing the radio or my mp3 collection - currently over 800+ songs I love Pandora so far and ive only had my storm for a couple weeks now so im sure there are other radio type apps that are similar or ever better.
    09-14-09 08:43 PM
    Dumb question here i have in my car 2 mini jacks for like a ipod which i dont own so my question is what type of cable would i need to go from mini jack to cell? and can i buy it from local Radio Shack? Our sprint store sucks for accessories only thing they sale are cases or ear pieces.
    09-14-09 10:24 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD