Had my Curve 8900 for a few months now and up until today email has worked flawlessly. However since this morning I've either not received or if they come Ive received gmail emails very late. I've done a battery pull, resent service books and deleted and remade account but its still not right.

Is anyone else experiencing such issues?
    07-04-09 01:28 PM
    Yea, haven't received any all day. Just logged into gmail.com via the browser and there are a number of emails there that haven't been pushed to my curve. Wierd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 01:37 PM
    You with o2 UK also? Looks like a problem that end. Thats my main account also so its really annoying. My blueyonder emails seem to be coming through fine.
    07-04-09 01:44 PM
    Yea with o2 in the uk. Other email addresses are being pushed fine too, just gmail not getting pushed
    Can you send from gmail ok?
    07-04-09 01:53 PM
    Yea with o2 in the uk. Other email addresses are being pushed fine too, just gmail not getting pushed
    Can you send from gmail ok?
    Yes. Sending seems to work.
    07-04-09 01:58 PM
    Are you using the gmail app? Tried deleting and re-registering your gmail account with blackberry?

07-04-09 02:17 PM
    Are you using the gmail app? Tried deleting and re-registering your gmail account with blackberry?

I'm not using the gmail app. Never had any need to. Gmail has almost been almost instant, 10 seconds tops. I deleted my account on BIS and this resulted in me receivcing 2 emails but this quickly stopped working again. I hope this is only a temporary issue.
    07-04-09 02:25 PM
    Yea very fustrating. Ill give it till the morning then ill be calling o2. I've seen you have posted this on o2 forums too

Last edited by Darkside80; 07-04-09 at 02:43 PM.
    07-04-09 02:41 PM
    Yea very fustrating. Ill give it till the morning then ill be calling o2. I've seen you have posted this on o2 forums too

I tried phoning today but was on hold fpr over 20 mins so I'll try tomorrow also. YEs I'm trying to get an answer asap. I need access to my mail where ever I am.
    07-04-09 03:14 PM
    Looks like the issue has been resolved, just got a bunch of emails pushed

07-04-09 03:55 PM
    Not for me yet, hopefully its a gradual process.
    07-04-09 04:04 PM
    Gmail up and running in Canada.

07-04-09 09:03 PM
    Gmail has been reaching my Curve all day here in the USA..
    07-04-09 09:12 PM
    Gmail has been working for me.
    07-04-09 09:15 PM
    Looks like an o2 UK issue.
    07-05-09 01:48 AM
    I have had the same problem with Gmail, and I'm with T-Mobile Netherlands. My guess was that it is something on Google part...

Since my my work-email still gets pushed instantly. I've also tried re-adding my gmail on my tmobile BIS (twice), but without any luck so far...

I'm just hoping it is a temporary problem.
    07-05-09 04:24 AM
    I was having the same issue a few months back with my carried in Australia. RIM's suggestions was to Archive some of my messages in my Inbox and reduce the number to below 900. This suggestion worked and I have not had a issue since. Apprently the Blackberry serves can't deal with more than 900 messages in your Inbox.

07-05-09 04:33 AM
    am having the same issues with o2 since yesterday. phoned them up today and they couldnt help. let us know how u get on. thanks
    07-05-09 06:31 AM
    I seem to have gotten my gmail push working again (for now anyway)

I used to enter my gmail username and password though my BIS webpage and everything worked fine, until yesterday that is.

However, I noticed that the 'synchronize' checkbox was unchecked by default indicating that it was using POP instead of IMAP.

Even after deleting the BIS entry, disabling POP in Gmail and adding the account on the BIS it still decided to use POP. Somehow this resulted in getting one email pushed and then nothing ever again.

What I did is re-added the BIS entry, but this time I did not enter my gmail password so I could manually specify to use the IMAP server (imap.gmail.com).

Now my e-mail gets pushed instantly again (1-3 seconds), I don't know what has changed for me since yesterday, so I hope this will keep working in the future.

I hope this helps any of you guys as well.
    07-05-09 07:54 AM

I used to enter my gmail username and password though my BIS webpage and everything worked fine, until yesterday that is.

However, I noticed that the 'synchronize' checkbox was unchecked by default indicating that it was using POP instead of IMAP.

Even after deleting the BIS entry, disabling POP in Gmail and adding the account on the BIS it still decided to use POP. Somehow this resulted in getting one email pushed and then nothing ever again.

What I did is re-added the BIS entry, but this time I did not enter my gmail password so I could manually specify to use the IMAP server (imap.gmail.com).

Now my e-mail gets pushed instantly again (1-3 seconds), I don't know what has changed for me since yesterday, so I hope this will keep working in the future.

i followed ur suggestion and it seems to be working.
    07-05-09 09:34 AM
    still not working for me

Take that back I thinks its working now!! If it stick I'm very grateful, thanks.
    Last edited by humma78; 07-05-09 at 10:58 AM.
    07-05-09 10:32 AM
    I have the same problem , gmail was working great but today my gmail account stopped receiving email.

i deleted my account then add it again , got 2 email then it stopped.

i called VIVA and they said We get our BIS from UK
    Last edited by Tareq8; 07-05-09 at 11:11 AM.
    07-05-09 11:07 AM
    I have the same problem , gmail was working great but today my gmail account stopped receiving email.

i deleted my account then add it again , got 2 email then it stopped.

i called VIVA and they said We get our BIS from UK
    try the above method, it seems to have worked for me.
    07-05-09 11:15 AM

Its working now

humma78
    So maybe there is a problem with pop3
    07-05-09 11:50 AM
    I've been having the same problem for the past few days on Vodafone UK. I've tried a few solutions found through 'Googling', but nothing worked.

I've now tried the above solution and hopefully it'll work.

Thanks
    07-06-09 02:44 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD