My phone was ringing, and the caller ID showed "unknown number," so I rejected the call. About 45 seconds later, I had a voicemail. I checked the voicemail, and it was a recording stating it was a reverse 911 call. The message was about a swine flu vaccination clinic. I know it was legit, since there was information about the swine flu vaccination on the local news reports.

Has anybody else ever gotten these kinds of calls?
    11-15-09 12:57 PM
    If memory serves me correct, I believe this was a system set up "post 9/11" to notify the public of emergcies and what not. It's comparable to mass text messaging programs universities started using post Virginia Tech incident.

Did you ever register your mobile number with the city or county officials (EMA/EOC/911)?

It's a good system, very handy when used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 01:15 PM
    I haven't seen anything like this. I am just outside of Columbus, OH
    11-15-09 01:16 PM
    If memory serves me correct, I believe this was a system set up "post 9/11" to notify the public of emergcies and what not. It's comparable to mass text messaging programs universities started using post Virginia Tech incident.

Did you ever register your mobile number with the city or county officials (EMA/EOC/911)?

It's a good system, very handy when used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No. I never registered with anybody at the city or county. I was wondering if the city or county just mass dials all mobile numbers.

I did register for text alerts from my college.
    11-15-09 01:16 PM
    Woah, I've never heard of this either.... Weird! :P
    11-15-09 09:29 PM
    The weird thing is that my mom did not get one today. I wonder if I got registered on a city or county list by registering for alerts from my college.
    11-15-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD