You mean like when you buy a program back in Win9x days and had to rebuy it again for the WinXP era? Or when you bought a program for the PPC Mac and had to rebuy it for the x86 Mac? Or when you bought a program for the OS9 Mac and had to rebuy it for OS X Mac? Or when you bought a program for WinXP and had to rebuy it for Win7?

Face it, sometimes OS/Hardware upgrades necessitate an updated version of the program. And sometimes those updates cost some coin.
    Microsoft Office 2003/2007 works on XP, Vista and 7, only if you want Office 2010 you pay again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 01:30 PM
    I do expect to pay again for BBX, that's fine but not for BBOS

10-31-11 01:32 PM
    You mean like when you buy a program back in Win9x days and had to rebuy it again for the WinXP era? Or when you bought a program for the PPC Mac and had to rebuy it for the x86 Mac? Or when you bought a program for the OS9 Mac and had to rebuy it for OS X Mac? Or when you bought a program for WinXP and had to rebuy it for Win7?

Face it, sometimes OS/Hardware upgrades necessitate an updated version of the program. And sometimes those updates cost some coin.
    My pc apps work from one os version to the next. And those that don't, quite often provide a free upgrade.

It's not like the apps he's already paid for had to be completely re-written by the developer. They're just a re-package for the newer OS version.
    10-31-11 01:35 PM
    Think about it like this: a lot of teenagers especially girls now use Blackberries, can't imagine them or their parents stumping up £25 from one app can you?

If RIM and the software devlopers continue to charge outrageous amounts for apps they will miss the target market.

At least with Android you can download the apk and get the app for free, aswell as if you jailbreak an iPhone, iPod or iPad you download cydia and get the paid apps for free.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 06:55 PM
    After changing to the Bold 9900 and OS7 I expected for apps to take a while to be upgraded in Appworld, today I found that even though the OS6 apps that I bought appear as unavailable in MyAppworld, they are actually available to buy for OS7.

I already bought Quickalunch, I already paid for BeBuzz and I already paid the exorbitant price for IM+ Talk app, now they all want me to pay them again just because I changed to OS7?

Would they care to explain!

I think you are going to hear back from the developers that the issues you are encountering are with App World and not the developers actually asking you to pay again. App World is a horribly buggy POS and it generates numerous issues for developers just trying to do the right thing.

You should have contacted the devs first before creating this forum post.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    11-10-11 07:33 PM
    Think about it like this: a lot of teenagers especially girls now use Blackberries, can't imagine them or their parents stumping up �25 from one app can you?

If RIM and the software devlopers continue to charge outrageous amounts for apps they will miss the target market.

At least with Android you can download the apk and get the app for free, aswell as if you jailbreak an iPhone, iPod or iPad you download cydia and get the paid apps for free.

And that is just unethical. Not cool. Don't do that to developers. If they charge too much (in your opinion), don't buy the app and/or make your own.

Being rooted should have nothing to do with getting apps for free. There are enough free options anyway.
    11-10-11 08:08 PM
    And that is just unethical. Not cool. Don't do that to developers. If they charge too much (in your opinion), don't buy the app and/or make your own.

Being rooted should have nothing to do with getting apps for free. There are enough free options anyway.
    Whats unethical are the price of apps. If the developers rip users off which they do, then users will look elsewhere for the apps. Its time for the developers to stop being greedy and charge a fair price.

Last edited by phil8715; 11-11-11 at 05:58 PM.
    11-11-11 05:55 PM
    Whats unethical are the price of apps.
    id not really place `overpriced` on the same lines as `unethical`. i know apps that devs have taken months to develop and charge only a few dollars for, but at the end of the day, you dont have to have them, nobodys forcing you too. its like the nice ferrari dealership in my town, thats expensive, but i dont have to have one
    11-11-11 06:24 PM
    id not really place `overpriced` on the same lines as `unethical`. i know apps that devs have taken months to develop and charge only a few dollars for, but at the end of the day, you dont have to have them, nobodys forcing you too. its like the nice ferrari dealership in my town, thats expensive, but i dont have to have one
    Exactly.

If a developer decides that his/her intellectual property is worth a particular value, who are we to argue?

You have two options: you agree that it is worth that amount by purchasing it, or disagreeing by not purchasing it. Taking it without compensating the developer is NOT an ethical option.

Incredible...
    11-11-11 06:42 PM
    Here's more great support from another developer of a very expensive app.
    11-14-11 01:45 PM
    As others have said before me, contact them directly. I know from experience that the developers of BeBuzz will help you out.
    For sure any app by Bellshare(BeBuzz) has on their website a point in Support where you submit your New PIN and they will switch it for you and all you have to do is DL the app over again for OS 7. That's it for BeBuzz.
    11-14-11 05:53 PM
    I had a few apps that I needed help with and all I did was contact the developer and they helped me out.
    I have no problem paying for those apps again though. I think some of the developers put so much time into getting their apps just so for us- they deserve extra for them. I have been on the Tapatalk thread and let me tell you- just check out the time and revisions this guy has put into getting this app just right for us BB users. He has been working months adding and perfecting things. If he charged 25.00 for it he would still be making pennies an hour. I don't know why they go thru all that, honestly.
    I remember when themes and apps were put up and you just donated for them- some of those developers would have thousands of downloads and only one in ten would donate anything. Whenever I downloaded a theme I would donate 20 to 25 bucks cuz I knew how hard they worked and I knew it would be something I would be using for a long time.
    When BBX comes out and BB rules once again- I will be supporting those developers that have been consistant with their support here.
    So to make a long story short-I don't get annoyed at money grabbing developers- becuz I don't think they exist!!!
    11-14-11 08:58 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD