09-23-08 10:19 AM
303 1234 ...
tools
    Im with Tmobile. I was with verizon and I did have to have data for email...I do not have wifi either....lol not yet anyway. Tmo has unlimited email for like 10 bucks a month and unlimited data for 30. So to add 20 bucks a month more for my 5 phones wasnt worth it for me since we mainly use email and calender. My work berry does have data though.
    Oh, ok!! Good for you then!! I didn't know that existed. That's great!! If I didn't like surfing the web I would have that also if I was with T mobile. I'm with Verizon though and I don't mind spending the money. For a couple of months straight I was averaging over 100mb per month. Imagine the cost of that per month per kb without Data. Can you say homeless!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 05:10 PM
    Lol Appollo, that alot of surfin.
    08-09-08 05:14 PM
    I think a lot of people coming from Nokia's and the like don't understand the data concept, and just assume they can order a BlackBerry, and everything will just work.

The networks don't help by not making it clear why you need a data plan (at least in the UK), and this isn't helped by some offering an email only plan.

Mind you, a lot of the shop staff don't know the difference between a BB and a N95 anyway
    08-09-08 05:22 PM
    I think a lot of people coming from Nokia's and the like don't understand the data concept, and just assume they can order a BlackBerry, and everything will just work.

The networks don't help by not making it clear why you need a data plan (at least in the UK), and this isn't helped by some offering an email only plan.

Mind you, a lot of the shop staff don't know the difference between a BB and a N95 anyway
    You know, with that being said a lot of reps at every carrier don't know a lot at all. People are better off coming here and possibly having members pm them and get personal information so they can walk them through their problems. There's a lot of good people on this site that doesn't mind helping and will go the extra mile to help people like phone calls, etc.. But as I've said before, you can't help a man from drowning if he doesn't want to be saved. Let them pay the extra money even after being warned.

08-09-08 05:42 PM
    True Apollo. A lot of my friends say they don't need or want a data plan, but guess who's always getting asked if they need info from the net when we are out!
    08-09-08 05:59 PM
    $30.00/month = X

where (X) = (it's a no-brainer)
    08-09-08 06:20 PM
    KRONK ANGRY AT NO DATA PEOPLE! KRONK SMASH THEIR BLACKBERRIES!!!

Lol, sorry. That's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread...

08-09-08 06:22 PM
    I really don't care at all. Everyone has there own preference.

08-09-08 06:25 PM
    Having a BB without a data plan, is liking having a car with no gas, what's the point?
    08-09-08 06:32 PM
    Having a BB without a data plan, is liking having a car with no gas, what's the point?
    I cant agree more. Why pay like $400 for a phone just to have a calendar and addy book? You can buy a used palm on ebay for like $15
    08-09-08 06:42 PM
    I cant agree more. Why pay like $400 for a phone just to have a calendar and addy book? You can buy a used palm on ebay for like $15
    Because in a lot cases the phone can be bought for less that $100,
    and not all carriers require you get data. AT&T doesn't. So for
    a person who likes the form factor, size, etc... it is a good deal.
    08-09-08 06:47 PM

Without gas, a car does nothing. Without a data plan, a BB is still a phone and PDA. Your comparison is a bit off.
    08-09-08 07:03 PM
    I don't get mad... I just feel pity for them because they can't utilize their 'whackberry' (that's what me and my bf call mine haha) to its full potential

08-09-08 07:11 PM

Without gas, a car does nothing. Without a data plan, a BB is still a phone and PDA. Your comparison is a bit off.
    A better analogy would be buying a base model Ford Mustang.

08-09-08 07:13 PM

They don't sell the N95 in the US Travis. It jumped out at me because my wife bought on during a trip to Kuwait and Iraq. I love my Curve and would own another device, but if I was going to get a media phone, I'd get a N95 way before I got an IPhone.

I with others here in that I feel sorry for those who don't unlock the possibilities of their Berries. I'm not keeping up with apollo, , but I used 51mb last month. Imagine having to pay for that. Now that 51mb wasn't even heavy use.

Travis is right about the store reps. A high first month bill is partly their fault if they don't give a customer accurate info.

08-09-08 07:14 PM
    They don't sell the N95 in the US Travis. It jumped out at me because my wife bought on during a trip to Kuwait and Iraq. I love my Curve and would own another device, but if I was going to get a media phone, I'd get a N95 way before I got an IPhone.

I with others here in that I feel sorry for those who don't unlock the possibilities of their Berries. I'm not keeping up with apollo, , but I used 51mb last month. Imagine having to pay for that. Now that 51mb wasn't even heavy use.

Travis is right about the store reps. A high first month bill is partly their fault if they don't give a customer accurate info.

He, he, he, Exelent!!! You know that now since we can access You Tube, that 100mb is very easy to come by along with other media sites where u can download clips. Even 51mbs can put you in the poor house without data. That's what we all try to stress to people about the data plan. What ever, let them make that Data/Escalade payment next month. They'll learn!!!

08-09-08 07:21 PM
    Oh yeah! I forgot about Utube. That 51mb was the month before 4.5.X. Some days I am using the tube a lot! I'll have to get back to you about usage, haha.

08-09-08 07:32 PM
    No, I don't get upset. Why should I? I work with a guy who just got a bb (7100i) i believe and talks all day on it at work. I asked if he had an unlimited plan. He told me oh yeah yeah I got that. Mmm hmm so when his $1,000 bill came and they cut his ish off I just laughed. He blames the phone company for "not picking the right plan for him". I told them it's not their fault. You pick the plan that suits you. They keep dropping the price of the phones so now people buy them and are either too cheap or too stupid to get the plan to keep their bill within reason.
    08-09-08 07:41 PM
    A better analogy would be buying a base model Ford Mustang.

Or worse, a Viper with an automatic, my boss is sporting such a model

08-09-08 07:52 PM
    Some want the BB for status, so they don't care about the data plan. There are those that for some reason or another, can't afford a continous data plan. No matter what the reason, either way, they are losing out.
    I have my data plan, and I am happy for the unlimited. So those that just get the phone for the BB status, good luck and best wishes to you. If they are happy with that, I am happy for them.
    08-09-08 07:53 PM
    $500+, $1,000 phone bill just for not having data seems ridiculous.
    Even if you don't browse the net often, there are still other uses for it
    (check movie times/info on the go, numbers for local restaurants, take out etc.).

And in the event of some wacked out emergency where you need to check something,
    it's better to have it then not.

Anyhow, I see no reason to get mad at someone that doesn't have unlimited data.
    I'm not going to be the to be the one that makes that $500/$1,000 phone bill.

To each their own.
    Last edited by Miss.Horrible; 08-09-08 at 07:59 PM.
    08-09-08 07:57 PM
    In answer to the question posed, I don't get upset with other people's stupidity.

08-09-08 07:58 PM
    This is a BIG pet peeve for me. I tell them "Why not just get a regular phone if you don't want the data plan." Or I ask them would they want to buy a computer but not get Internet service. They shouldn't even call it a Blackberry if it isn't equipped with a data plan. But it is a free country, so to each his own.

08-09-08 08:27 PM
    Or worse, a Viper with an automatic, my boss is sporting such a model

Viper with an automatic? You must mean an SRT10 truck, otherwise a Viper car has never been made with an automatic. The Grail Keeper would not have allowed it, he almost died when ABS was added. Sorry, I work there (SRT engine group) so I see it all.

Back to the topic, my personal why buy a berry with no data, I feel the same about buying a V6 auto vs a V8 manual in something like a Mustang or Challenger. Its nuts!

08-09-08 09:32 PM
    If you really think about it, why should I be mad about something someone else does that doesn't even affect me?

08-09-08 09:37 PM
303 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD