Restoke the fires????????? why try and get a riot going

Perhaps the poster is wondering about if he can get the internet and such with his WIFI ????? Especially with Tmobile which has alot of people confused what you are ALLOWED and not allowed to get free if you have WIFI. The poster is Tmo and you have to admit they have a whole different outlook on what you can do with your Berry with and without data.

I also would think you were driving people away from CB asking to have people jump on them for asking a question. if you don't like the question you could always ignore or even ask them to clarify.
    08-14-08 02:13 PM
    hey, let's re-stoke this fire a little bit...

here's a post along the lines of what apollo is talking about:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tmo...i-crack-61680/

this kinda irks me too
    Why does that thread "irk you" so badly? It is perfectly normal use of a Berry and that member can do as they please

If they do not want a data plan and want to suffer by using WiFi only, then so be it! Why are you so concerned about it... it is their Berry and their choice! There is no hacking going on, no cracking... just configuring.

They will have significantly less functionality when using only WiFi, but that is their problem. They can do what they please, whether it be : full data, email only, or no data. The fact that they have WiFi can partly make up for loss of functionality, but it is not a full solution and it is their decision to make.
    08-14-08 02:27 PM
    Careful stating your opinions around here. The "forum police" (you know who you are) will come and tell you how wrong you are for having your opinion and tell you that you should share their opinion.
    Last edited by CurveBerry; 08-14-08 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-14-08 02:37 PM
    Careful stating your opinions around here. The "forum police" (you know who you are) will come and tell you how wrong you are for having your opinion and tell you that you should share their opinion.

Never a dull moment in the land of CrackBerries
    08-14-08 02:41 PM
    That was the original basis of the post to begin with, about 19 pages ago.

IMO people can do what they want as far as a data plan goes, but when they come here to ask for help to "crack" their wi-fi so they can use the phone's full capability, then that defeated the point of getting a blackberry in the first place.

I could care less about people have blackberries without data plans, I know many people who have the blackberries that are pretty much a glorified texting phone. But there are always those who want something for free.

By what the person said in the original post, he was mislead by t-mo, but his own comments states that he wants to use wi-fi to set up his e-mail, and other things that require a data plan. Therefore he was asking for a "crack" to be able to utilize these functions.

This was along the basis of what apollo originally intended, but people jumped down his throat too.

Oh BTW SandAngel, nobody jumped on the OP. I didn't post a reply in his thread, just posted here, in the DISCUSSION FORUM. Hence, the discussion. LMK if that's too much though for you to process though.
    08-14-08 02:41 PM
    Yeah, no kidding.
    08-14-08 02:44 PM
    That was the original basis of the post to begin with, about 19 pages ago.

IMO people can do what they want as far as a data plan goes, but when they come here to ask for help to "crack" their wi-fi so they can use the phone's full capability, then that defeated the point of getting a blackberry in the first place.

I could care less about people have blackberries without data plans, I know many people who have the blackberries that are pretty much a glorified texting phone. But there are always those who want something for free.

By what the person said in the original post, he was mislead by t-mo, but his own comments states that he wants to use wi-fi to set up his e-mail, and other things that require a data plan. Therefore he was asking for a "crack" to be able to utilize these functions.

This was along the basis of what apollo originally intended, but people jumped down his throat too.

Oh BTW SandAngel, nobody jumped on the OP. I didn't post a reply in his thread, just posted here, in the DISCUSSION FORUM. Hence, the discussion. LMK if that's too much though for you to process though.

Ok I'm letting you know ..it was too much to process. You lost me after IMO.
    08-14-08 02:56 PM
    I have a Pearl 8120, T-Mo. It's wireless capable as long as I'm in range of a wireless router (my neighbor...). What's the difference between what I can do/get this way, than to pay for a data plan?
    08-19-08 12:40 PM
    Nice. You going to pay your neighbor some dues or atleast let them know you are surfing on their bandwith? Didn't think so. WiFi welfare.
    08-19-08 03:05 PM
    Nice. You going to pay your neighbor some dues or atleast let them know you are surfing on their bandwith? Didn't think so. WiFi welfare.
    If his neighbor is the slightest bit savvy, there's a good chance he's fully aware.
    08-19-08 03:10 PM
    I have a Pearl 8120, T-Mo. It's wireless capable as long as I'm in range of a wireless router (my neighbor...). What's the difference between what I can do/get this way, than to pay for a data plan?
    This isn't the best argument for not having data.
    You do realize you're putting yourself at risk? I hope you're good friends with your neighbor.
    Last edited by 2020; 08-19-08 at 03:26 PM.
    08-19-08 03:18 PM
    Interesting, so when did stealing become okay? Besides it's just not the same without data. When you're home you could have a computer, and access the net. The fundamental point of a BB is that you can be anywhere and get your email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 03:23 PM
    I think it's rather revealing that some of you would jump to the specious conclusion that I am dishonest and would pirate my neighbor's signal without his knowledge or permission.
    08-19-08 03:47 PM
    That seems to be the standard in urban America, if you don't have to pay why should you? Not condoning the act just saying.

08-19-08 03:58 PM
    My wife and I both have 8310's.

I use mine because of the exchange support and music. Lets face it.....the web surfing is the BB weak point. It is less than stellar and only for emergencies. lol

My wife doesn't use the Data on her phone. She likes the full keyboard for texting, 3 day battery life, the music player that doesn't require Itunes, the decent camera, the great reception... etc. It is a great phone with lots of useful features outside of data.
    08-19-08 04:58 PM
    .....He blames the phone company for "not picking the right plan for him". I told them it's not their fault. You pick the plan that suits you.
    This will never end. Many people think its someone else's responsibility to look out for them instead of them looking out for themselves.

I try to educate people about having a data plan. If your berry doesn't have wifi then your really missing out on a lot of what blackberry has to offer.
    Do you think every BB was WiFi? Cause frankly, I want to be able to do what I want, when I want to do it & not HOPE I can catch someone else's signal. I feel that unless you're stationary, WiFi aint all that!

WOW...I can't believe all you people being so upset because we all don't use DATA plans Why should I buy something I really don't have a use for? .....
    This had NOTHING to do with the topic at all. This is about people needing or wanting data but dont want to pay for it.

It's obvious that some people haven't read through all of the posts that we all pretty much established and agreed that we're not upset when people don't get data plans but get upset when a lot of people ask about work arounds so they don't have to pay for data or complain how they can't do this and can't do that because they have no plan.
    Like the one I just commented on.

You don't seem upset but you do seem to have some sort of holier-than-thou attitude to people who don't have data plans. There are plenty of things that could attract someone to a blackberry, other than the data plan. How many phones out there have DocsToGo, a QWERTY keyboard, bluetooth 2.0, and WiFi? Not to mention the media player and all the 3rd party apps that you can get for these pretty solid phones. Think of it this way, the blackberry is good at so many other things that some people want it for more than just the data plan.
    Trying to picture Creed holier-than-thou.
    08-19-08 05:41 PM
    I think it's rather revealing that some of you would jump to the specious conclusion that I am dishonest and would pirate my neighbor's signal without his knowledge or permission.
    Because your own words alone make it apparent that if you're not going to pay for a data plan, then why would you pay your neighbor for using his data? One day you're neighbor might get bright enough to password protect his network.
    08-19-08 05:57 PM
    Doesn't bother me, I just ignore the posts.
    08-19-08 06:18 PM
    I don't understand why it matters whether someone has a data plan or not. I guess I'm one of those people that gets on the nerves of the others that actually care if someone else has a data plan.

But considering I'm around my desktop or laptop 24 hours a day, it's really pointless for me to pay the extra money per month.

Why have a blackberry without a data plan? Who cares? I got the Blackberry for free. It's a sharp looking phone. I wanted a phone that looked nice, had a QWERTY keyboard, and would act as an MP3 player. And that's exactly what the Blackberry does for me.

I do suppose if you nothing more to worry about whether someone has a data plan or not, I envy you because you have nothing more important to worry about.
    08-19-08 09:36 PM
    like any other product, its about what the person wants out of it. some people want/need data, some don't. some just like how reliable of a phone it is and would probably never use data at all. whatever works for u.
    08-19-08 09:40 PM
    unlimited data is pretty much the only way to go.
    08-20-08 12:07 AM
    threads like these **** me off.... seriously... there is another thread about someone not being able to stand how some people abuse or dont use their bb for all its worth...... seriously is your life so perfect you have to start harping on how people choose to live theirs? come on guys.. ill at least give this thread a little bit of credit, beings youre just trying to save some people money... i would say an easy way to some up the problem is this....... dont buy a car that requires premium fuel, if youre just gonna ***** about having to put the premium in it.
    08-20-08 05:16 AM
    To each his own.

08-20-08 05:44 AM
    threads like these **** me off.... seriously... there is another thread about someone not being able to stand how some people abuse or dont use their bb for all its worth...... seriously is your life so perfect you have to start harping on how people choose to live theirs? come on guys.. ill at least give this thread a little bit of credit, beings youre just trying to save some people money... i would say an easy way to some up the problem is this....... dont buy a car that requires premium fuel, if youre just gonna ***** about having to put the premium in it.
    I think your missing the point. I know the name of the thread is a little misleading but if you go back to the OP and read just the first couple of pages you'll find the guy that started it has nothing against people not using their phone for everything they can but people that wont pay for the data plan and then come on here and try to find ways to get email pushed and get on the net without paying anything.
    08-20-08 09:02 AM
    Personally, I live on campus in a fully wired campus so I have WiFi all the time. I don't need push email since I only have 2 emails that I really use. I don't instant message since I got texting. I turn my mobile connection to WiFi only so I know that I won't get slammed on the bill. I only know one other person w/ a Bb so I don't use Blackberry Messenger. I just don't need a data plan where I am. If you have a phone w/o WiFi capabilities or you live where WiFi won't be readily available in 90% of the places you would be at (The other 10 just being off campus for me), then, yeah, I could see how you would need a data plan. Otherwise, what's really the big deal? If you can get by without it, then do, but don't waste most of the phone's capabilities by not using a data plan.
    08-31-08 03:19 PM
303 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD