03-30-08 02:14 PM
    Here in California, everything is known by the state to cause cancer. I'd have to live in a bubble to protect myself from all the dangers. I'd rather live and risk it.
    03-30-08 02:27 PM
    Breathing the air causes cancer. Not gonna stop doing that either!
    03-30-08 02:30 PM
    I guess I'm in real trouble then, since I do both..... One more thing to worry about!! lol
    03-30-08 02:30 PM
    I agree, this day in age, EVERYTHING causes cancer, so whatever.

Its of no concern to me at all.
    03-30-08 02:32 PM
    I guess I'm in real trouble then, since I do both..... One more thing to worry about!! lol
    Same here... Haven't stopped smoking yet, so I doubt I'm giving up my BB anytime soon.
    03-30-08 02:32 PM
    It's funny, growing up I used to ride in the back of a pickup on the LA freeways. Not such a good idea now, but if I believed everything like this that came along, I would've had to live in a bubble.
    I still ride a motorcycle, still microwave with plastic, and can't imagine going through life without a phone. I'm thinking you don't have to look very hard in this world for the stuff that will hurt you without having to get paranoid about every scientific study that comes along.. Just my. .02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 02:38 PM
    Here in California, everything is known by the state to cause cancer. I'd have to live in a bubble to protect myself from all the dangers. I'd rather live and risk it.
    seriously, what's up with that!?

signs everywhere.
    03-30-08 02:43 PM
    Years of testing has proven that research causes cancer in rats.
    03-30-08 02:45 PM
    Its like everything else... too much of one thing is bad for you. You can make statistics say whatever you want them to.
    03-30-08 03:49 PM
    Yea I agree i would rather live until I am 60 with techology then until 110 without.
    03-30-08 04:10 PM
    No, I'm not.....

SOLUTION: Use a BLUETOOTH HEADSET
    03-30-08 05:13 PM
    I'm not too worried I don't use my cell phone to talk. Most of the stuff I do on my BB is messaging so am I going to get hand cancer or something?!
    03-30-08 05:16 PM
    Did anyone know that eating too many apples can be unhealthy for you?

So with that said, sitting in this chair writing this is unhealthy..

I'm going to die having lived my life happily.
    03-30-08 08:15 PM
    Live your life and have fun
    IBS

03-30-08 08:27 PM
    So apparently reading causes cancer! (No, not really) it turns out that intelligent brain cells mutate and grow together to form giant tumors. Who cares really. All my grandparents died from cancer (and my uncle too!)and both my brothers had cancer already. I'm not really worried.

03-30-08 11:21 PM
    For every one of these types of articles, there are ten others from scientists who disagree and say that there are absolutely no risks in using cell phones.

I recently posted to another thread on this topic about the research Motorola has done in the past with pigs. They strapped cell phones to pigs' heads and cranked up the cell power to 1000x what any average person would ever be exposed to. There has never been any evidence from those tests to link brain tumors to cell use.

This topic keeps coming up. It's kinda like politics. Some people will believe whatever they want no matter what the abundance of facts and common sense point to.

Radio waves are all around us every day. I don't believe there is any connection to cell phones and brain tumors. But even in the remote chance that there is, as one other poster said, I'd rather live until 60 with technology than to 100 without.
    03-30-08 11:22 PM
    Don't believe everything you read, ESPECIALLY from the media.

If you had a Ph.D., and read the actual research (rather than the media account of it), you would not be concerned. Especially, if you read all the studies conducted to date.

The overall concensus in scientific circles currently is that it is not an issue. In fact, just the small distance you hold it away from your head/body is adequate protection. Those using hands free are even better off.

I laugh everytime I see this and other "stories" of doom and gloom by the media.

Patrick
    03-31-08 04:40 AM
    I agree. Believing everything that you read will make you really really miserable. There are so many things that cause cancer... even my favorite BBQ steak causes cancer through excessive carbon.
    03-31-08 06:59 AM
    So apparently reading causes cancer! (No, not really) it turns out that intelligent brain cells mutate and grow together to form giant tumors. Who cares really. All my grandparents died from cancer (and my uncle too!)and both my brothers had cancer already. I'm not really worried.

If reading does cause cancer, can I sue you as I have just read your post?
    03-31-08 07:15 AM
    I don't smoke, but if i put my 8320 in my mouth and light it, which is more dangerous? The fact that I'm using my mobile phone or that I'm smoking it???
    03-31-08 07:17 AM
    If reading does cause cancer, can I sue you as I have just read your post?
    feel free, go ahead and make it a class action suit, yall can just sue Paul
    im like the marlboro of the forum world!

jetcola - it's not really crack, dont try to smoke it! (I know, i was confused also)
    03-31-08 08:20 AM
    disturbing studies show....that studies are disturbing
    03-31-08 08:34 AM
    I just got a headache thinking about it ={
    03-31-08 08:39 AM
    Welcome to CB Newbie Life is too short so you have to live each day like its your last!!!
    03-31-08 08:39 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD