Hey all,

Is there any way to send an email FROM my phone (not through) that I compose and send on my laptop so that it can be authenticated as coming from my ***@vzw.blackberry.net address and phone.

I dont mean by tethering the BB as a modem and using that as a connection to send from the laptop. But rather, by using DM or some kind of remote control to have the email be sent from the phone - without physically doing it on the phone itself.

Thanks!
    09-23-09 09:00 AM
    No one has any idea?
    09-25-09 09:25 AM
    I've never heard of this being possible... Why exactly would you want to do this?

You could type the e-mail on your laptop, then send it to the e-mail address that you have setup on your BB, then send it out again from your BB, but that seems like alot of unnecessary steps... You could always just type it out on your BB... I know you said that you don't want to do that, but I don't see any other easy way.

It would kinda blow BlackBerry's security platform if you could hook your laptop to your BB to send an e-mail, someone would find some way to hack into someone else's BB and mess all kinds of stuff up... Maybe I'm just thinking too much...
    09-25-09 09:40 AM
    I want to do it because <gasp> I find it a LOT more efficient/easy to type a long email on a full size keyboard - especially when commenting on items listed in a email...or anything not simple plain text.

The security issues wouldn't be any different than when you have the BB plugged into the computer (via USB) for all the other purposes.
    09-28-09 07:08 PM
    This is the reason I don't use my bb email for anything. I use one of my other email addresses that I can access from my PC for when I have a long reply to type or if I have to send attachments.

You could always auto forward it to another address that you can access from your computer.
    09-28-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD