I have the Curve 9300 with WIND & can connect to WiFi, but can't browse without Data Services on. I don't have a 3G data plan & want to use WiFi to browse WWW. I think the BB Browser only works with data plan. Is there a hack for this or perhaps a WiFi browser app?
    02-04-12 09:32 PM
    There is an option to use a hotspot browser.

I haven't used it personally but I think it is in the general options when you are connected to wifi and are in the browser.

Also when data services are off, wifi won't even send data.

Usually, if you don't have a data plan, browsing over the network won't even work.
    02-04-12 09:39 PM
    mine works out of the box even if data is off. im running os6.. doesnt seem to work on os5 dont know why.
    02-05-12 01:23 AM
    i have wind's version of os6, but i don't see hotspot option in browser. is it possible wind has disabled it to force users to buy data plan ? where can i download debranded os6 for my curve 9300 ? thanks in advance.
    02-05-12 08:42 PM
    i have wind's version of os6, but i don't see hotspot option in browser. is it possible wind has disabled it to force users to buy data plan ? where can i download debranded os6 for my curve 9300 ? thanks in advance.
    not sure, but i think the webkit browser dont really on the bis anymore, unlike the old browser from os5. just make sure that, under options >> device >> advance system settings >> tcp ip >> APN settings is not checked, and try reconnecting with the wifi.

btw, there is no hotspot browser setting in os6.
    Last edited by odzk; 02-06-12 at 02:32 PM.
    02-06-12 02:27 PM
    It is unchecked; did you mean checked ?
    02-06-12 03:11 PM
    It is unchecked; did you mean checked ?
    Not checked is what I mean. Im replying to this msg using my curve without a sim card connected to a wifi. Have you tried uppdating the os? Try removing the sim card, or turning off the mobile connection and see if that works.
    02-09-12 05:31 PM
    By the way my wifes 8520 was running on os 4.6 before and it doesn't allow her to browse on wifi with out data but after upgrading to os 5 her phone can now browse thru wifi without data. Not sure if this applies to our 9300.
    02-19-12 12:57 AM
    You can do Wi-Fi only on a BlackBerry Curve, I've done it before. Just disable the network and connect to Wi-Fi.
    03-03-12 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD