Aloha,

I'm currently with Sprint here in NYC. I pay $179 a month for 3 lines that share 1500 non-mobile minutes. I never even come close to 800 non mobile minutes but for 3 lines I have to take the 1500 minute plan.

Everything else is unlimited. Txting, downloading, I stream my vids on Vimeo(I shoot Reality Shows for a living), Youtube, Netflix(I don't need it on my phone as I have it on 3 tablets.) No throttling no data-caps.

My bill hasn't changed one by one cent in either direction in 2 years.

Just came back from ATT around the corner and switching my three line would cost me $308 a month!! Are they serious??

When I saw how much they nickel and dime for every little thing I almost passed out.

Going to check out T-Mobile tomorrow. But this nonsense can't be real. Or can it??!!

I may have to wait to see what that undisclosed Spint BB10 is going to be.

Any other Sprint users on-the-fence over this???
    jautrey likes this.
    03-21-13 12:45 PM
    Sprint does have some good prices which is why it hurts so bad to be in our situation. The next reasonable carrier is T-Mobile and I never hear anything good from them. I want a z10 pretty bad but im trying to stay reasonable.
    03-21-13 12:49 PM
    Sprint does have some good prices which is why it hurts so bad to be in our situation. The next reasonable carrier is T-Mobile and I never hear anything good from them. I want a z10 pretty bad but im trying to stay reasonable.
    I don't get it. I never really ask my friends what they pay for cell service, but are people really spending upwards of $3k a year????
    03-21-13 12:54 PM
    sprint has always had the best deals/plans, imo,,, they're slow to move on BB devices/os updates is my only b!tch w/ them...
    03-21-13 01:08 PM
    I don't get it. I never really ask my friends what they pay for cell service, but are people really spending upwards of $3k a year????
    some ppl just get sucked on to their particular carrier for whatever reason,,, vzw is just as bad & they're number one,,, i don't see how,,, ppl say they have the best coverage but w/ sprint i have free phone/data roam so there's no issue there, ever,,, & vzw's 4g is almost as limited as sprints' according to their map,,, att&t has the best 4g coverage but like you pointed out their plans are insane...
    03-21-13 01:12 PM
    $228 a month on AT&T for 2 lines, unlimited data (grandfathered) and text, 1400 shared anytime minutes with rollover. I also pay a $15 surcharge for BES on my line on top of the $30 I'd otherwise pay for data. So not $3K a year but very close, and the figure you quote sounds about right for yet another line.

Edit: actually, $308 a month sounds a little high for 3 lines. If I added a new third line, that'd be only an extra $10 a month, plus $30 for data (no extra charge for text since we already have family unlimited text). Since you wouldn't have BES, take away $15. It shouldn't be more than about $260. Not $179, but not $308, either.
    Last edited by JasW; 03-21-13 at 01:22 PM.
    03-21-13 01:12 PM
    I'm with USCellular and get a shock every time I look elsewhere.
    03-21-13 01:14 PM
    $228 a month on AT&T for 2 lines, unlimited data (grandfathered) and text, 1400 shared anytime minutes with rollover. I also pay a $15 surcharge for BES on my line top of the $30 I'd otherwise pay for data. So not $3K a year but very close, and the figure you quote sounds about right for yet another line.
    ugh,,, 1 line w/ sprint, unlimited everything, 450 mins,(never use that much), unlimited cell 2 cell,,, &80/mo,,, it's crazy to me that some people are corraled into making a car payment to provide mobile phone service for their families,,, paying a hefty bill for a buisiness is a bit different,, that doesn't include a landline for the home,(which is generally gotten thru cable co., & that's ANOTHER issue)...
    03-21-13 01:18 PM
    AT&T
    4 BlackBerry Lines + 1 Data device (PlayBook 4G)

1400 Minutes
    Unlimited Data (including Texting)
    Unlimited International Data on 1 Line
    All other standard stuff
    2 Have GPS subscriptions (getting rid of that because of BB Maps)

$320/mo after all fees, taxes, and discounts.
    03-21-13 01:18 PM
    $228 a month on AT&T for 2 lines, unlimited data (grandfathered) and text, 1400 shared anytime minutes with rollover. I also pay a $15 surcharge for BES on my line top of the $30 I'd otherwise pay for data. So not $3K a year but very close, and the figure you quote sounds about right for yet another line.
    Did you get the Z10? There is an unlimited BB 4G Data plan for $30, and works on BES 10.
    03-21-13 01:19 PM
    AT&T

1400 Minutes
    All other standard stuff

^^^& then there's that^^^ you have to add a line for PlayBook,,, i think i read that there's a work around for wifi version tho...
    03-21-13 01:21 PM
    AT&T

1400 Minutes
    All other standard stuff

Are you grandfathered into an older plan?
    03-21-13 01:22 PM
    My plan is not up till the end of July, so I'm waiting to see what happens.
    03-21-13 01:22 PM
    My plan is not up till the end of July, so I'm waiting to see what happens.
    My lines have been eligible for an upgrade since Nov '12. Been patiently waiting to see BB10. My phones are kinda dated. Now I'm kinda stuck. Not interested in the Q10 by any stretch of the imagination.

May have to be a little more patient and see what that Sprint BB10 phone looks like.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-21-13 01:28 PM
    My lines have been eligible for an upgrade since Nov '12. Been patiently waiting to see BB10. My phones are kinda dated. Now I'm kinda stuck. Not interested in the Q10 by any stretch of the imagination.

May have to be a little more patient and see what that Sprint BB10 phone looks like.
    <<<---***fingers crossed***
    03-21-13 01:30 PM
    Are you grandfathered into an older plan?
    I switched one line to it without being grandfathered. I have 2 Z10s that have been running on AT&T for a couple of weeks. Another on Verizon that I have had for about a month and a half.

Gonna try and get the SOC for it to see if others can switch.
    03-21-13 01:36 PM
    ^^^& then there's that^^^ you have to add a line for PlayBook,,, i think i read that there's a work around for wifi version tho...
    This is the 4G LTE version, works great on AT&T LTE.
    03-21-13 01:36 PM
    some ppl just get sucked on to their particular carrier for whatever reason,,, vzw is just as bad & they're number one,,, i don't see how,,, ppl say they have the best coverage but w/ sprint i have free phone/data roam so there's no issue there, ever,,, & vzw's 4g is almost as limited as sprints' according to their map,,, att&t has the best 4g coverage but like you pointed out their plans are insane...
    Sprint coverage is NOT close to VZW coverage area lol and if you roam too much on sprint they will terminate your service!
    03-21-13 01:40 PM
    Sprint coverage is NOT close to VZW coverage area lol and if you roam too much on sprint they will terminate your service!
    All carriers have this clause, I have yet to see anyone actually use it.
    03-21-13 01:42 PM
    Did you get the Z10? There is an unlimited BB 4G Data plan for $30, and works on BES 10.
    Which plan is this? on AT&T? Still available?
    EsJayDee likes this.
    03-21-13 01:43 PM
    Go to RootMetrics.com VZW's 4GLTE is not even closely comparable to Sprint. VZW 4GLTE coverage is larger than AT&T.
    http://rootmetrics.com/special-reports/lte-performance-review/
    03-21-13 01:47 PM
    Yes, Sprint is on the cheap comparatively speaking, but the speeds are just ok and as someone mentioned if you roam too much they will give you the boot. I received a letter a few months ago that scolded me for using my service, roaming too much.
    shai404 likes this.
    03-21-13 01:47 PM
    I switched one line to it without being grandfathered. I have 2 Z10s that have been running on AT&T for a couple of weeks. Another on Verizon that I have had for about a month and a half.

Gonna try and get the SOC for it to see if others can switch.
    old $30 unlimited SOC - HSBI1A
    new $30 unlimited SOC - LTEBI1A

after the B in both of those is an i
    03-21-13 01:51 PM
    Just updated my Att plan for 2 lines. 4GB data (shared) unlimited minutes unlimited text. comes to 155.00 mo.
    03-21-13 01:52 PM
    Sprint coverage is NOT close to VZW coverage area lol and if you roam too much on sprint they will terminate your service
    ^^^that's bs^^^,,, i wasn't saying that the coverage was equal,,, just that i have no issues w/ coverage even in roam,,, welcome to CB (insert derogitory pronoun here)...
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-21-13 01:54 PM
118 123 ...