I bought my Blackberry about 2 weeks ago. I love it...However, I was dumb and bought a case for my phone, but opted not to spend the extra $10 for the screen protector. I dropped my phone on concrete and it has a couple decent sized scratches on the screen.

I went to Verizon to see if they knew of anything, checked out Home Depot, and even checked a watch store to see if there was anything...had no luck..

Anyone know of any magical cures? I hate my life because of this...
    07-07-09 03:08 PM
    07-07-09 03:16 PM
    07-07-09 03:20 PM
    There are also replacement screens available at Amazon.com.

Amazon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-07-09 at 03:35 PM.
    07-07-09 03:29 PM
    Thank you so much!

I never thought about replacement screens..I hate Verizon, they couldn't have told me this..they acted like I was SOL.
    07-07-09 03:42 PM
    Is it hard to replace? I'm looking at my phone now and I don't understand how I would go about taking the screen off..
    07-07-09 03:46 PM
    I was looking for some help as well thank you.
    07-07-09 04:15 PM
    yeah i got a scratch in my screen the same day my screen protectors got here in the mail! Go figure uhn!!!
    07-07-09 04:21 PM
    There is this solutuion called lens magic, I have used it for mini surface scratches. It can't be used for deep ones for the simple small nicks. Good luck!

07-07-09 04:23 PM
    I heard somebody mention something called applesauce before, aparently it takes scratches out of lots of things.
    07-07-09 04:42 PM
    There's a way to take off the plastic cover without opening up the device, but I'm not sure how. To me it always seemed kind of difficult.

The other way is opening up your device. HOWEVER, this will void your warranty. Since your device is so new, I might hold off a little. In the case that something happens in the coming weeks, you could get the entire unit replaced should the device not be tampered with.
    07-07-09 04:47 PM
    There's a way to take off the plastic cover without opening up the device, but I'm not sure how. To me it always seemed kind of difficult.

The other way is opening up your device. HOWEVER, this will void your warranty. Since your device is so new, I might hold off a little. In the case that something happens in the coming weeks, you could get the entire unit replaced should the device not be tampered with.
    If you are just replacing the lens, you don't need to open the case.

Just use a soft case tool, start at the earpiece and gently pry up the lens working your way around both sides.

You should check to see if the replacement lenses come with the adhesive already applied. If not, you need to make sure that you get a good seal all the way around the lens to make sure no dust gets under it.
    07-07-09 04:54 PM

I'd go with this if its not too bad..... This is the only thing keeping me from changing out my phone to a black housing.

07-30-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD