I use BlackBerry Messenger on my Curve, and I like how it has the "___ is typing..." so you can tell when the other person is typing a message. Helps a lot.

What I'm wondering is if any of the other IM clients out there offer the same feature. I think it works in BeeJive, but I'm looking for something free, such as Yahoo, Gtalk, MSN, and AIM.

If anybody is wondering why I don't stick with BBM, I have two reasons: One, I'm having some issues with certain messages not ever getting delivered. Secondly, I'd like to use a protocol that has a desktop client also, so I can use my computer or my BB to chat
    02-01-09 01:11 PM
    I think the AIM client offered by RIM does that
    02-01-09 02:05 PM
    Nahhhh. The aim cilent offered by rim doesn't not show the "____ is typing"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 03:38 PM
    I have never seen my BeeJive say someone is typing. Maybe I need to upgrade.
    02-01-09 03:51 PM
    Yahoo does for sure.

02-01-09 04:09 PM
    Yahoo does, but I just found out that it doesn't seem to do it in a group chat, which is kind of odd.
    02-01-09 04:13 PM
    Google Talk does it, too.
    02-01-09 10:19 PM
    Well does Aim and MSN?

02-02-09 11:10 AM
    Well does Aim and MSN?

the AIM app does not do this. the aim app is very limited, doesnt do much which really sucks. to clarify, the desktop version of AIM does have this feature, BUT the blackberry AIM app does not.
    Last edited by conceptv; 02-07-09 at 10:21 PM.
    02-07-09 10:19 PM
    I use BlackBerry Messenger on my Curve, and I like how it has the "___ is typing..." so you can tell when the other person is typing a message. Helps a lot.

What I'm wondering is if any of the other IM clients out there offer the same feature. I think it works in BeeJive, but I'm looking for something free, such as Yahoo, Gtalk, MSN, and AIM.

If anybody is wondering why I don't stick with BBM, I have two reasons: One, I'm having some issues with certain messages not ever getting delivered. Secondly, I'd like to use a protocol that has a desktop client also, so I can use my computer or my BB to chat
    I like that lil feature too...
    02-07-09 10:25 PM
    Yahoo does, but I just found out that it doesn't seem to do it in a group chat, which is kind of odd.
    Not really... if 5 users are typing, what would it say? "Multiple users are typing..." ???
    02-08-09 12:13 AM
    Definitely a good feature, too bad it tends not to work 100%.

I have BeeJive and haven't noticed it, don't really use the app, but try Instango and see if it does it. It's free, so it won't hurt to try.
    02-08-09 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD