Hello,
    Does anyone have problems with their WIFI Blackberry connecting and disconnecting from their WIFI network. My network always shows but it repeatedly goes from being highlighted to gray shade. I'm trying to figure out if something could be wrong with my Berry (it's new).
    Any info on your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    12-26-09 03:54 PM
    WiFi is my standard connection at home and at various hotspots. There seem to be no issues woth keeping the connection.

Maybe the strength of your signal is poor?

Do you heve the same trouble with other devices on the network? Or trouble with the handheld on other networks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 04:01 PM
    And if it's only happening on your home network, how long has it been since you power cycled your modem and router? Like a reboot, that seems to solve many woes.
    12-26-09 04:05 PM
    Yeah if it's not a strength of signal issue it could be a router issue. I'm assuming
    this is happening at home. Or is it happening with any hotspot that you're connecting to?
    12-26-09 04:05 PM
    Well, I'm only had the device a couple of weeks so I haven't been anywhere else that has WIFI to try it out. The only other device that uses WIFI is my laptop and that doesn't have any problems. I often have to cycle the modem and router to get it to connect and when it does, it may be 20mins or so then I'll lose it, 5-10 min later it'll reconnect (the wifi icon will turn white again) and it goes back and forth all day long until it finally stays shaded (gray) then I'll have to power cycle the modem and router. ???
    12-26-09 04:17 PM
    What kind of router do you have?
    12-26-09 04:29 PM
    I have a Netgear Wireless-N Router (WNR2000)
    12-26-09 05:31 PM
    I had the same issues when using wifi at home at first but it stopped. I would try the reboot router route and if it continues switch phones if you can

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 05:47 PM
    decolur:

I have the same issue with my router at home; however, other places work fine. Try it out elsewhere before you take any action. Good luck.
    12-27-09 04:46 AM
    a grey wifi icon while connected is showing an active data connection, but no BB BIS connectivity. a white icon means you have full data and BIS connection. sounds like your BB data is possibly going in and out.
    12-27-09 04:52 AM
    Do you know what would cause the BB Data to be going in and out?
    12-27-09 12:59 PM
    tryu resending your service books from the BIS website, see if that helps. its a start.
    12-27-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD