Hi are there any offline gps? (GPS System which does not use internet reads from sd card) Also how do I turn off GPS on my BB? And whats the best GPS on BB?
    03-27-11 10:51 AM
    If you need preloaded, offline maps, you might want to consider TrekBuddy and Mobile GMaps. These are the only two mapping apps that I know of for the BlackBerry that don't use real-time data. I haven't used either.

Here is a link to a TrekBuddy tutorial: http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/tre...6/#post5811430.

Options / Advanced Options / GPS is where you will find your GPS settings. It isn't possible to turn the GPS off.

By best GPS, I assume you mean GPS applications. There are many good, free ones. BBMaps, Google Maps, Poynt, BlackStar are four that I use.
    03-29-11 09:17 AM
    Hi are there any offline gps? (GPS System which does not use internet reads from sd card)
    I use trekbuddy for this offline GPS maps. It is a little tricky at first to get setup, and when you do figure it out then you have to wait for the maps to download. Also your going to need a 16GB or 32GB sd card because the maps can take up quite a bit of space. All depends on zoom level, and area the map covers.

Also how do I turn off GPS on my BB?
    I believe it should be under location settings, if you have OS6, just go into the options and type "location" and go in there. If you don't want GPS to use data at all, you need to turn off "Location Aiding". However some carriers don't charge you for using location aiding.

Whats the best GPS on BB?
    Depends on your needs. I personally will use google maps if I need to get bus routes, BB Traffic if I just need driving directions, or Trekbuddy if I just need to see the map around me. BB Traffic does not have nay maps though.

Hope that helped, send me a pm if you want me to help you out with trekbuddy
    04-01-11 11:46 AM
    Google maps is good. Waze is pretty good as well for spoken directions. Only thing is both these programs require data connection.
    04-24-11 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD