What you said is true, but it doesn't mean the PKB HAS to die
    Just dreaming with a high specs Android One powered with a keyboard as the one in the K2...
    How would we call it?....
    Pathologic optimism
    02-04-20 02:15 PM
    Never said BlackBerry owned ALL PKBs.
    Remember the "Blackjack" ? I believe that was Samsung. Total garbage PKB. Typo got sued because it was a ripoff of the BlackBerry keyboard. BlackBerry users know the Pkb is far superior to others.
    I had the Blackjack and Blackjack 2 running Windows back in the day. Their PKB was tolerable when compared with 9000 and 9700 of it’s time. Just no BIS was the real problem.
    02-04-20 02:29 PM

Again I hope someone will offer a "good" PKB option going forward... just don't see much evidence of why anyone would.
    Because you need to believe you can sell at least a couple million devices a year to earn enough to successfully develop a proper physical keyboard.
    02-04-20 02:38 PM
    I had the Blackjack and Blackjack 2 running Windows back in the day. Their PKB was tolerable when compared with 9000 and 9700 of it’s time. Just no BIS was the real problem.
    I hated giving up my Palm... the meetings settings, texting groups, stylus.

Only reason we did was Battery Life and Email.... both thanks to BIS. Now once we swtiched, BBM became very important to the company at that time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-20 02:46 PM
    What you said is true, but it doesn't mean the PKB HAS to die
    It’s as dead as 2Pac and Biggie jokes.

I’m sure someone else will come around and try much like UniHertz and the guys who made that F(x)tec’s Pro 1.
    02-04-20 03:07 PM
    It’s as dead as 2Pac and Biggie jokes.

I’m sure someone else will come around and try much like UniHertz and the guys who made that F(x)tec’s Pro 1.
    But even 2Pac has hologram concerts, so if the PKB is left for tiny kickstarter style companies, then it would be a ghost of itself lol
    02-04-20 03:08 PM
    But even 2Pac has hologram concerts, so if the PKB is left for tiny kickstarter style companies, then it would be a ghost of itself lol
    The Passport and Bold 9000 will live again!
    02-04-20 03:10 PM
    Actual real young adults were born after Tupac and Biggie death. It’s like when our parents bring up JFK, MLK and Elvis and we know the history but weren’t there. Sometimes we have to let go or become a character meme.

We’re old in the youngsters minds
    02-04-20 05:36 PM
    Actual real young adults were born after Tupac and Biggie death. It’s like when our parents bring up JFK, MLK and Elvis and we know the history but weren’t there. Sometimes we have to let go or become a character meme.

We’re old in the youngsters minds
    Kind of like people of our generation talking to our Kids about PKB phones. BBOS phones had a good size markshare in NA and Europe pre 2010. The smartphone market then was a fraction of the size today. I bet only a very small fraction of the current smartphone users have ever seen a PKB phone, let alone used one.
    02-04-20 11:10 PM
    Kind of like people of our generation talking to our Kids about PKB phones. BBOS phones had a good size markshare in NA and Europe pre 2010. The smartphone market then was a fraction of the size today. I bet only a very small fraction of the current smartphone users have ever seen a PKB phone, let alone used one.
    It's a good point - I doubt they see a single PKB at Oswestry market.
    02-05-20 02:37 AM
    They have seen them.... they just don't understand why anyone used them.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-05-20 07:20 AM
    They have seen them.... they just don't understand why anyone used them.
    Remove their access to a laptop and they'll understand...
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-05-20 07:30 AM
    Remove their access to a laptop and they'll understand...
    Not even close. It’s always the size of the screen. The PKB device is a great multipurpose tool but it’s not the best tool for whatever the laptop or tablet does. They use the VKB on the phone like we use the PKB on the KEYone etc.

If anything, people raised on VKB are far more proficient since they don’t know any difference. Whatever small advantages could be acquired with PKB are lost when compensated for the screen in a different task
    ppeters914 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-05-20 07:42 AM
    02-05-20 08:08 AM
    I am looking forward to John Chen’s $199 palm sized 9900 replacement.

The BlackBerry Regulator!
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-05-20 08:12 AM
    Not even close. It’s always the size of the screen. The PKB device is a great multipurpose tool but it’s not the best tool for whatever the laptop or tablet does. They use the VKB on the phone like we use the PKB on the KEYone etc.

If anything, people raised on VKB are far more proficient since they don’t know any difference. Whatever small advantages could be acquired with PKB are lost when compensated for the screen in a different task
    Many of those raised on a VKB smartphones.... don't own PCs or Laptops.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-05-20 08:12 AM
    I am looking forward to John Chen’s $199 palm sized 9900 replacement.

The BlackBerry Regulator!
    He is too.... if someone would just make it.
    02-05-20 08:13 AM
    Many of those raised on a VKB smartphones.... don't own PCs or Laptops.
    They may not own but schools and employers provide access.
    02-05-20 09:41 AM
    BlackBerry needs to adapt the PKB to the future and develop the next phase: EPKB (All-Emoji Physical Keyboard).
    app_Developer and the_boon like this.
    02-05-20 10:00 AM
    BlackBerry needs to adapt the PKB to the future and develop the next phase: EPKB (All-Emoji Physical Keyboard).
    Don’t forget AI/VR compatibility
    02-05-20 10:01 AM
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/03/t...&utm_term=link

[IMG=1024x1005]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200205/9c8a439c675e526908b378897a6b5a5b.jpg[/url]
    Only CNN could write such an annoying headline. #FakeNews
    02-05-20 10:56 AM
    I don't like that they are using a photo of 10 year old device. The announcement was made by TCL... at least show a TCL device.
    02-05-20 11:03 AM
    Let's face it... most people see that story, their first taught is "I didn't know BlackBerry still made phones...."
    Laura Knotek and John Albert like this.
    02-05-20 11:14 AM
    Let's face it... most people see that story, their first taught is "I didn't know BlackBerry still made phones...."
    Or that BlackBerry phones are some kind of zombies ...

CrackBerry is like Steven King’s Pet Cemetery...
    02-05-20 11:17 AM
    Media consumption is a big part of the samrtphone world of today. That's why big screens are predominant on all manufacturers. A VKB has the advantage of taking some screen real estate when needed and dissappear when not needed. This isn't true for PKB phones, the keyboard will take up space which could be used for a bigger screen. It's not that people don't like PKB, they just don't need them.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-05-20 11:41 AM
96 1234