I'm upgrading to the 9900 on Sunday and while i'm excited, I am going to miss my 9700... it is such a good device. Anyone have any creative uses for old devices?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 08:18 PM
    Sell it for good $ on CL. If it still works good wipe it and let someone else become a CB addict! did that with my 8330. I couldn't kill it so I gave it away to a very happy coworker. 9700's are still wanted by many. You can also sell it here in the for sale forum. Good luck with your choice and congrats on your new Bold, you will love it. For every person here with a gripe, there are numerous people happy and silent!

11-03-11 08:26 PM
    Backup device, Wifi browser, extra camera, camcorder, voice recorder, alarm clock, mp3 player, theme development guinea pig, app development guinea pig, hybrid development guinea pig, USB drive, game device, house phone or kids' phone on a family plan, and probably a bunch more I can't think of.

pantlesspenguin and Chrisy like this.
    11-03-11 08:30 PM
    I got a 9700 again for bbm .
    11-03-11 08:32 PM
    I gave my 8330 that went for a deep swim to my 1 year old.
    11-03-11 08:39 PM
    i keep my previous phones as backups and then sell the ones i dont need on here.
    11-03-11 08:42 PM
    Easy:
    1. Cut a whole in your drywall at about eye level, in a room that gets lots of foot traffic, preferably over an existing power outlet
    2. Splice into the wiring of the existing outlet and run it up to the hole you cut. Wire in a new outlet
    3. Take your 9700, mount it in a picture frame
    4. Plug the 9700 into that outlet you just put in
    5. Mount the framed 9700 over the outlet
    6. Run a slideshow of your favorite pictures on the 9700, preferably pictures of you holding your 9700 on the tip of mount Everest, or similar
    7. Under the frame, put a caption that reads: "I did all this work mounting my BB to please people on the internet"
    8. Take pictures and videos and post here to prove that you actually did it
    rrrebo, Chrisy and kingest_kong like this.
    11-03-11 08:43 PM
    Easy:
    1. Cut a whole in your drywall at about eye level, in a room that gets lots of foot traffic, preferably over an existing power outlet
    2. Splice into the wiring of the existing outlet and run it up to the hole you cut. Wire in a new outlet
    3. Take your 9700, mount it in a picture frame
    4. Plug the 9700 into that outlet you just put in
    5. Mount the framed 9700 over the outlet
    6. Run a slideshow of your favorite pictures on the 9700, preferably pictures of you holding your 9700 on the tip of mount Everest, or similar
    7. Under the frame, put a caption that reads: "I did all this work mounting my BB to please people on the internet"
    8. Take pictures and videos and post here to prove that you actually did it
    Haha! Super creative! . Love that idea. If I were more DIY savvy, then I'd give it a go.

11-04-11 03:08 PM
    Sell them in emerging markets. Seriously. They sell quite well.
    11-04-11 03:43 PM
    Old devices is good to be used as a spare device...
    You can get it unlocked and use this device for traveling... the BOLD 9700 is a very nice Blackberry and you can use it while you go travel in other countries, if it's unlocked you can use pre-paid SIM cards and save money...

You can also sell it but if you don't have any other mobile device then it's worth to keep it.

Sometimes when you send your Blackberry for a repair they give you an old replaced device for the mean time while they fix it, and it's not a Blackberry so it's good to have a device which can be used with Blackberry services.

Also backup is a good option.
    rcheung135 likes this.
    11-04-11 04:00 PM
    I was considering to keep my 9900 as a main and my 9700 as a backup.
    11-04-11 04:20 PM
    I was gonna start a new thread but I'll just post here. I went from a 9800 to a 9810, only to realize I was able to fix the 9800. Initially, I was just gonna use the 9800 as a backup, but why stop there? Here's a good day-to-day use for it:

- Use as a 2nd alarm clock. Set several alarms on each of my phones, and stagger them, so that the ensuing morning confusion trying to snooze two different Torches will ensure that I wake up.
    - Wi-Fi Pandora - great for bed-time. Also, saves having to use my new phone's battery, which should marginally extend my new phone's battery life.
    - Set up HTML-email shortcuts on homepage; one click access to Gmail and Hotmail, since both mobile sites stay logged in. Take it on the go, or have it serve as another email station around the house
    - Kindle reader - especially since Kindle doesn't work on my 9810
    - Use it like you would an iPod Touch.
    11-04-11 04:24 PM
    I unlocked my old 8900 and use it as a travelling phone. It's usually pretty cheap to buy a SIM and BIS is quite cheap overseas.

I also use it as a back-up device if anything goes srong with my current BB.
    11-04-11 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD