I had Amaze but now it seems they want to be paid for it (imagine that). Then I tried Lifeinpocket and got lost in my own home town. Anything else free left to try. If it gets to $10 a month, might as well get a Garmin.
    01-24-10 03:25 PM
    GPS to do what? Turn by turn?

just directions?

off the network tracking?
    01-24-10 03:56 PM
    You're kidding right? Google Maps is the best map app, free or paid.
    01-24-10 04:33 PM
    you can get the free version here

amAze
    01-24-10 04:43 PM
    totally agreed!

i love gpslogger for tracking my hikes/walks and its free!!!
    01-24-10 04:44 PM
    I believe the OP is asking about turn-by-turn GPS navigation. There've been many that were free and now aren't. I love Google maps too but I do miss being able to drop a business name or type of business into Poynt and have Gokivo start telling me how to get there audibly so I can drive without watching the screen. Google Maps doesn't do that.
    01-24-10 04:56 PM
    I believe the OP is asking about turn-by-turn GPS navigation. There've been many that were free and now aren't. I love Google maps too but I do miss being able to drop a business name or type of business into Poynt and have Gokivo start telling me how to get there audibly so I can drive without watching the screen. Google Maps doesn't do that.
    ....yet..... google maps should be releasing turn by turn directions...
    01-24-10 05:00 PM
    using telmap5 right now. So far its been the best free navigator I've had.
    01-24-10 05:11 PM
    Agreed that Google Maps is a great app and I have it installed. Looking for a free app to replace the free Amaze with turn by turn dirextions. Tried the link you suggested but it seems to take me to the same Amaze link to download version 5. There is a free version 5 but turn by turn is not included. Also looked at telmap and while it has a free 14 day trial they want to charge after that. Thanks for all the replies.
    01-24-10 07:30 PM
    I've used Nav4all in the past. Decent for a free navigation device. Haven't tried it on a 5.0 device though.

Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!

Edit: Doesn't appear to be free any longer.
    Last edited by asnyder; 01-24-10 at 08:24 PM.
    01-24-10 08:17 PM
    ....yet..... google maps should be releasing turn by turn directions...
    Well, when they do, LittleRedDot will be justified starting posts with "You're joking, right?" Until then he kinda just sounds like he didn't understand the original question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 03:26 AM
    Also looked at telmap and while it has a free 14 day trial they want to charge after that.
    Been using Telmap5 for couple months now and I haven't paid a cent.

Here you go =)

http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/registrationform.asp
    01-25-10 03:56 AM
    I guess I didn't understand the original question, sorry. But he did ask for "free GPS", and "turn-by-turn" was never mentioned, so... Maybe I did understand the original question as it was asked. And since most of you know that GMaps is the best free non-turn-by-turn map app, I guess I was justified in asking what rock the OP was hiding under that he hadn't heard of GMaps.

01-25-10 05:33 AM
    I guess I didn't understand the original question, sorry. But he did ask for "free GPS", and "turn-by-turn" was never mentioned, so... Maybe I did understand the original question as it was asked. And since most of you know that GMaps is the best free non-turn-by-turn map app, I guess I was justified in asking what rock the OP was hiding under that he hadn't heard of GMaps.

OP post was horrible... im rght behind u little...
    01-25-10 11:48 AM
    google maps with turn by turn?!? when, i want it .
    01-25-10 11:51 AM
    lifeinpocket is a sweet APP. used it the other day and love the Navigation system. Its a NAV with voice guided direction. I was shocked when I first heard the voice because I was anticipating it to be like Googlemaps with just direction only. The voice app tells when to turn and right at the point of turning says "turn right now".

Using it also for local food spots, or any other type of facility is even better than my car gps because it is updated on a real time basis. This thing even directed me to the cheapest gas station for the day in question. In other words all specs are updated real time.

This one is a keeper. My car has a gps so not necessary to use it all the while, but my wife loves it since her car does not have gps system.

Thanks lifeinpocket you rock!!
    I am very happy with LifeInPocket too!

What most convenient is the "re-route feature. Anytime I am not sure if I am at the correct route, just press "re-route" and it's done in 3 seconds based on my GPS location.

I never got lost using LifeInPocket. I am in California and have tried LifeInPocket in NV too.
    01-25-10 12:54 PM
    I am very happy with LifeInPocket too!

What most convenient is the "re-route feature. Anytime I am not sure if I am at the correct route, just press "re-route" and it's done in 3 seconds based on my GPS location.

I never got lost using LifeInPocket. I am in California and have tried LifeInPocket in NV too.
    I need to try it.
    01-25-10 01:48 PM
    hi all

I use AT&T bold 9000, but i can't use GPS. I don't know why because i can use GPRS? How can i do? Please help me....
    01-26-10 04:34 AM
    I AGREE! I had Google Maps on my Pearl, Curve, and now my 9000. LOVE it!
    01-30-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD