For the foreseeable future, Google will probably avoid supporting BlackBerry at all costs. The only way Google might end up supporting them is if BlackBerry 10 becomes extremely successful (i.e. outsells iOS), which isn't something BlackBerry can do overnight.
    I agree. Google if anything is limiting support to give android advantages with Google services. But if BlackBerry sells 10s of millions in short order Google will have to at least put out maps, etc. That ain't likely.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:51 AM
    Wow... you are grossly misinformed.

1st. Apple never kicked Google Maps out. From the iPhone's inception, Apple developed their own in house build of Google Maps and didn't allow Google to develop it. Any missing features was the result of Apple's influence since Google had no say in the matter. Apple decided that they would attempt to venture into their own mapping solution, and thus replaced Google Maps with their own maps solution as the default and integrated service. Even before the transition, Apple then gave the okay for Google to begin developing a Google Maps app for iOS to be available as a third party app. Google happily jumped at the chance and it didn't take long for Google to produce the app, with features iOS users had been clamoring for.

2nd. Google didn't stop developing apps for BlackBerry to give their own platform momentum. The simple fact of the matter is that some of the previously available google mobile apps were simply rendered obsolete (ie. google sync) since the BBOS already duplicated the same functionality integrated into the OS. The remaining google apps don't see much support anymore either, but that's attributed to the legacy BBOS becoming obsolete, and thus viewed to be not worth continuing in lieu of BB10. In time, I'm relatively confident that there will be BB10 apps released. Google has even gone as far as lending their support (in the form of consultation) to RIM/BBRY to develop the Android runtime built into BB10.

3rd. The antitrust suit reported today is a completely different topic. The suit argues that Google strong-arms OEM's into only bundling specific apps/packages/services, which is an unfounded and untrue allegation. Realistically, this is just simply another step in the Microsoft campaign to damage Google. Microsoft absolutely hates the fact that Google distributes Android absolutely free to OEM's. Additionally, since Google's recent public statement that they wouldn't sue anybody over patents unless first having patent suits brought against them, Microsoft is trying to goad them into doing just that by suing over anything they can think of without specifically bringing a new patent suit against them.

Piece of advice... read more than just partial headlines, and try to understand what's really going on.
    Take your own advice and read what I wrote: sued for anti competitive policies.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:49 PM
    I miss google map when opening bb map every time lol.
    04-11-13 10:58 AM
    Not gonna happen. Google has been very clear that they only develop for Android and reluctantly for iOS. I wish US justice department would launch antitrust lawsuit on those evil bastards. Maybe the EU will.

Posted via CB10
    Be sure that that will change as only when BB10 grows to a larger userbase. Time will tell. It's all about the numbers.
    04-11-13 05:16 PM
29 12