I'm not honestly. With this Q10 I pretty much got all the apps I want. I got GPS, a poker app game, the bible, shazam, uber, I'm pretty much satisfied. As long as my phone is functional I'm good. I think the only minor complaint wish I have is that BlackBerry updates their native browser that will be great. So do you guys want more apps? Or does it really matter? Hell I can go to WP10 and I'll still be okay. I've came from symbian a few years ago and they didn't have all the apps, but still was in good hands with my phone same as I am with my Q10.
    BerryRipe and zer0ten like this.
    05-04-18 05:02 PM
    My z10 is just fine with the minimum suite of apps I have on it. However, I was never into wanting lots of apps in the first place.
    05-04-18 05:06 PM
    Lack of instagram bugs me but I use the browser and Igrann other then that no

Posted via CB10
    05-04-18 05:06 PM
    It's not the lack of apps that I'm missing but the browser is getting unacceptably slow and funky for me. I have another android device but the Passport is still my daily device for the emails, texting and calls. I use absolutely NO social apps and only have 1 game on my device. Currently I have 12 android apps on my Passport, all of which are working fine.
    05-04-18 05:11 PM
    Not app gap here thanks Connite & Google Play

Passport Apps Installed:
    Netflix
    MSN Money
    MSN Sports
    Kobo
    Kindle
    Yahoo Finance
    Spotify
    CTV Go
    TSN Go
    A&E
    Microsoft OneNote
    LinkeIn
    NBC News
    Fongo
    Rebee
    MLB at Bat

Posted via CB10
    05-04-18 05:47 PM
    Browser works fairly decent for Google Maps for what's around you when downtown (eg: where is nearest coffee shop, restaurant, gas-station, points of interest, etc...). Google Maps through browser doesn't work very well for driving directions for me. NavFree native app however still works very well for driving directions. I also feel that the browser is slow in many situations.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-04-18 08:01 PM
    The only thing I am having trouble with is linkedin. I would have tried the linkedin10 app if I could - regardless the disappointing functionality of the other nemory apps that I have tried in the past.
    05-05-18 01:43 AM
    The apps of my bank and DB Navigator and HVV (both public transportation) do not work well it at all, but that's all and can be worked around.
    So my needs are addressed with BB10.

I will see if Locus Map (my preferred off road navigation) works on BB10, too.

Everything else I use on my KEYone is nice but expendable.
    05-05-18 05:40 AM
    Actually, any of the BB10 uses who would have felt they were impacted by the so called app gap probably ceased being BB10 users a while ago. Not to sound negative, but the BB10 users who are still around were probably never overly concerned about the app gap in the first place.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last edited by spARTacus; 05-05-18 at 10:06 AM.
    MikeX74, Jazuyo, maltesh and 1 others like this.
    05-05-18 07:25 AM
    I have never had a lot of apps on my devices, but the few I needed for work became problematic for BB10. If all I needed a device for was calls, texts and emails, I would still be using my Passport. I would also never carry two devices, just like I would never carry two wallets or two sets of keys.
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 05-05-18 at 09:19 AM.
    Jazuyo and BerryRipe like this.
    05-05-18 08:44 AM
    I’m curious about the app gap. I expected to read about how great BB10 is and how no one really needs apps. Five or six persons above use Android version apps since BB10 doesn't provide app solutions to meet their needs. Some of them report having to use a degrading mobile browser since no BB10 app.

These are examples of app gap affected users. Finding solutions to app gap is real and so is the app gap itself. Saying or implying that it doesnt exist with phrases like “so-called app gap” in title is denying reality.

What I'm trying so hard to understand is why so many of the remaining die-hards criticize and demonize Android, thinking using the same Android version apps within BB10 is different?

Now, before anyone starts crying about XXXXXX on here, I currently own the Z3, Q5, Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, Leap and Classic. To me, they all became unusable, the minute I had to go beyond Android ported apps in BBW (Yep, that’s right, very few actual BB10 native apps in BBW . Probably 80% Android ports in BBW). I tried Amazon for app store. Android type apps burn up battery in so many instances.

When BBAndroid came out, problem solved.... I could have my BlackBerry and my ecosystem in one device and no longer dual carry.

I don't understand this “fight the man from my mobile phone OS” mentality. This isn't fighting against racism or for human rights. Those activists use Android/IOS to communicate efficiently.

In the end, its just a piece of hardware to make life easy. Its supposed to help in your job, not be a second job.
    05-05-18 08:58 AM

In the end, its just a piece of hardware to make life easy. Its supposed to help in your job, not be a second job.
    I like this statement and it accurately describes how I was feeling when the Passport SE was my daily driver and Android app support was starting to crumble.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-05-18 09:09 AM
    So true! 👍👍
    05-05-18 09:16 AM
    ......Saying or implying that it doesnt exist with phrases like “so-called app gap” in title is denying reality......
    I think of the "so called app-gap" phrase as often being used as an abstraction for things that contributed to the situation against a greater success for BB10, including opinions about the need for apps and the inability for BB10 to adequately facilitate such, when in some cases folks don't think that need was valid.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-05-18 09:33 AM
    I think of the "so called app-gap" phrase as often being used as an abstraction for things that contributed to the situation against a greater success for BB10, including opinions about the need for apps and the inability for BB10 to adequately facilitate such, when in some cases folks don't think that need was valid.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Perception is an individual’s reality. Luckily, perception changes by moving location of your senses ever so very slightly. Refusing to accept those ever slight changes is simply insanity. BB10 failed simply because it was a solution to a problem that was already solved and society was happy with the solution.
    Laura Knotek and Bbnivende like this.
    05-05-18 09:55 AM
    Perception is an individual’s reality.....
    You got it Pontiac!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-05-18 10:02 AM
    Not app gap here thanks Connite & Google Play

Passport Apps Installed:
    Netflix
    MSN Money
    MSN Sports
    Kobo
    Kindle
    Yahoo Finance
    Spotify
    CTV Go
    TSN Go
    A&E
    Microsoft OneNote
    LinkeIn
    NBC News
    Fongo
    Rebee
    MLB at Bat

Posted via CB10
    Wow that's a lot I wouldn't think of working or using. I wish Conite knew how to update the android runtime or improve the browser lol that'll be awesome. Still satisfied with my Q10 3 years later.
    05-05-18 05:18 PM
    not a big deal (gap)... but it bug me when I find few of the app I use no longer working - like BB travel, currency exchange (thanks god Bloomberg still working, so you can get it from there). the other is few of wifi spot is no longer allow to connect if it is BB... that is a biger problem (thx a lot, it is far in between), not sure it is a browser issue or OS issue...
    05-05-18 06:37 PM
    Nah. I love the BB10 Os native app integration like its file manager, the communications hub, active frames, bbm, peeking, and gestures. I just dont like the spying, data collecting adware android apps.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-05-18 11:20 PM
    What year is this? App Gap and BB10 being discussed? This cannot be 2018. This is a discussion for 2013 or 2014.
    05-06-18 02:19 PM
    Wow that's a lot I wouldn't think of working or using. I wish Conite knew how to update the android runtime or improve the browser lol that'll be awesome. Still satisfied with my Q10 3 years later.
    Did you mean Cobalt?
    05-06-18 02:46 PM
    Did you mean Cobalt?
    You're right that's who I meant to say.
    05-06-18 03:10 PM
    Did you mean Cobalt?
    Either helpful lol.

But really, it is 2018.
    05-06-18 03:42 PM
    You got it Pontiac!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Now I feel old.......
    05-06-18 05:01 PM
    Perception is an individual’s reality. Luckily, perception changes by moving location of your senses ever so very slightly. Refusing to accept those ever slight changes is simply insanity. BB10 failed simply because it was a solution to a problem that was already solved and society was happy with the solution.
    What problem was already solved for society? Conformity? Spying on consumers? A cluttered mess of an OS? (Please no one report me.)
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-06-18 05:48 PM
84 123 ...