Well after several dropped calls around my office and where i travel for work, it looks like i will have to leave and go to verizon. I am doing so sadly. I really liked the se plan w/ gps and all. Does anyone have anything news of sprints future service to help convince me to stay. I was counting on sprint building 3 new towers in my area. At least that was showing up on the maps. Now with the latest news of Sprint selling their towers and renting them makes me think they may never go active. If anyone thinks their svc will get better, speak now or forever hold your peace. Thanks
    07-28-08 05:40 PM
    Jroyholmes,

First and foremost welcome to Crackberry! I recently got curves from Sprint and unfortunately, I dropped several calls over the weekend. For whatever reason, my signal hasn't been great at all even though Sprints coverage locater says I should have Best service. Surprisingly, I had very good reception today. I'm still within my trial period and have also contacted Verizon and considering giving them a try. Sprint does have nice features with their plans, however, what good are they when you mainly rely on call quality/reception. I would go without some of the features for better call quality and reception.
    07-28-08 06:16 PM
    to both of you guys (or gals), sorry that sprint isn't working ot for both of you. i've had sprint years ago and was somewhat happy with their service and didn't ever get a dropped call. the reason i changed was because of the pricing. they kept charging me random things and i would always call CS or go to the store, but they would explain it in a weird way that all that is in my plan. anyways...i'm with verizon now. it's going great, no dropped calls, love the service and the people. ok, it might be a little more expensive and yeah, they lock the GPS (which i don't need for now), but i'm paying for the service and the reliability of it. so, maybe check out verizon and give them a try. i think they have the 30-day trial, which might be a good idea. if you do that, test everywhere! go to work, home, markets, zoos, anywhere that you can imagine that you'll be. good luck!
    07-28-08 06:46 PM
    Where do you live? I'm with TMobile and I'm really happy with them - I think their WiFi and UMA calling is a great benefit. Plus their new @home $10 dollar Voip calling plan. All in all we're saving $75 a month counting dropping QWest's landline. With Edge and WiFi I almost never lose a signal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD