Samsung paid students to trash talk HTC online
    .... You're sounding ridiculous.

Z10 via CB 10
    This is probably the core reason blackberry is failing.
    Probably...
    08-27-13 06:18 AM
    OP you need a social life.
    What I NEED is a better job and if some of you people will stop slandering this so I can make a proper file on it and take it to blackberry in person, I may well get that as a result.
    08-27-13 07:07 AM
    Who says they're paying thousands though? It's not every single store, its the mainstream ones in select areas/shops. A few hundred would cut it.

They would never blab. They'd be fined by their store and never given work at a phone shop again - or any other work.

If BB10 alarms weren't messed up and mainstream users could test the Z10, BB10 would be a major competitor again.
    No, a few hundred wouldn't be enough. That is like what, 0.001% of phone stores?
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    08-27-13 07:15 AM
    In the an unnamed mainstream phone shop after using the Q10 for a couple of minute the security alarm went off. The person at the purchasing area came over and apologised and then turned it off. Then probably about 30 seconds later it went off yet again. A horrible loud-sounding high pitched alarm that makes you feel extremely awkward and somewhat guilty inside.

Bugged security alarm system, or foul play?
    This happened to us when we played with the SG4.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    08-27-13 07:23 AM
    This happened to us when we played with the SG4.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    those pesky managers taking bribes from BlackBerry to push people away from Samsung devices eh!

personally im supprised the shops don't just have the noise constantly so they can push all their customers away get money from all manufacturers then lol.

or it could be a defective security unit.....maybe
    08-27-13 07:31 AM
    What incentive do managers have to tell people? To stop being payed good money by samsung to do it? To get a prison sentence and a criminal record? To make them ineligible for any kind of supervisory employment again? To get huge fines for destroying expensive equipment?

Only a small minority who know about and enjoy blackberry buy them. Everyone else has to see for themselves or they'll just stick with android/iphone.

The only thing faulty is their screening processes for hiring managers.
    I love how you fail to explain the lower phone and website sales. maybe its the lack of advertising and apps that's causing customers not to buy, not one random security tag in one store? just a thought.

What I NEED is a better job and if some of you people will stop slandering this so I can make a proper file on it and take it to blackberry in person, I may well get that as a result.
    I`m curious, on the presumption that you were able to prove your bribery comments (which is gonna be hard without some legal mandate, even if there was bribery) what job would that put you forward for?
    08-27-13 07:37 AM
    Yes by all means take your info to Blackberry. They will put you directly in front of Thor with your findings and probably make you the head their retail sales department.
    08-27-13 07:43 AM
    Maybe you should apply to be a store manager at a wireless retailer. We know they have a great "incentive" program :-)
    08-27-13 08:10 AM
    This is closer to libel than slander, unless the statemens are true, in which case it's neither.
    08-27-13 08:43 AM
    Many of you owe me some apologies for calling me "crazy". This is not an illuminati conspiracy bull****. This is a real thing happening by Samsung. We need to stop it and maybe blackberry won't fail.
    You're right. We're sor..........

Bahahahahaha, yeah right!!!!
    08-27-13 08:52 AM
    Just so I have my facts on this. You've been to one store that had a faulty alarm and from that you've deduced a conspiracy by Samsung bribing store managers to trigger the alarm if someone touched a BB10 phone. Is that correct?
    08-27-13 09:11 AM
    No, a few hundred wouldn't be enough. That is like what, 0.001% of phone stores?
    AKA the amount of stores blackberry sold in?

Hahaha just kidding. Maybe this thing is bigger than any of us thought then? Even I underestimated this.

BBThemes the only people who buy a blackberry 10 device without ever testing it out at a store are current blackberry consumers. No mainstream user who's been using iphone or android for years sees the Z10 online and decides to buy it without testing it.

I think if I well-documented this and brought it to blackberry, not only would I have done them a great favor and saved their company, I'd have also severly damaged the reputation of their biggest rival. And to top it off I'd pretty much be an international hero. I think I'd land pretty well off running their counter-intelligence department, investigative department, or counter-sabotage department.

donnation it happened at two store, other people have made complaints about it here too. I found a report of samsung paying them students. I plan to visit more shops later, I don't want the staff to know who I am though. "Oh look, it's that guy who was setting off the alarms in the store. They told us to throw him out if he visits our chain".
    08-27-13 09:23 AM

Hahaha just kidding. Maybe this thing is bigger than any of us thought then? Even I underestimated this.

BBThemes the only people who buy a blackberry 10 device without ever testing it out at a store are current blackberry consumers. No mainstream user who's been using iphone or android for years sees the Z10 online and decides to buy it without testing it.

I think if I well-documented this and brought it to blackberry, not only would I have done them a great favor and saved their company, I'd have also severly damaged the reputation of their biggest rival. And to top it off I'd pretty much be an international hero. I think I'd land pretty well off running their counter-intelligence department, investigative department, or counter-sabotage department.

donnation it happened at two store, other people have made complaints about it here too. I found a report of samsung paying them students. I plan to visit more shops later, I don't want the staff to know who I am though. "Oh look, it's that guy who was setting off the alarms in the store. They told us to throw him out if he visits our chain".
    Why don't you start by visiting the stores in Afghanistan? Hurry up, they're waiting for you.
    08-27-13 09:32 AM

It really must be fun to live in Fantasy land. I guess it could also be frightening because if you have this theory I can't imagine what else is going on in that brain of yours.

Lolololol international hero. You need a woman in your life or SOMETHING to keep your mind occupied and away from this nonsense.
    08-27-13 09:54 AM
    Why don't you start by visiting the stores in Afghanistan? Hurry up, they're waiting for you.
    I have family detached over there at the moment, sadly he said he wasn't gonna go check because he has an iphone, was worth a try tho hahahaha
    08-27-13 10:16 AM
    I plan to visit more shops later, I don't want the staff to know who I am though. "Oh look, it's that guy who was setting off the alarms in the store. They told us to throw him out if he visits our chain".
    You better wear a disguise then. And play the 'Mission Impossible' or 'Rocky' theme song in your headphones, just to get you pumped up.
    08-27-13 10:26 AM
    Is there anybody out there?

Posted with my fabulous Z10
    08-27-13 11:15 AM
    My first cache of evidence has been collected for this case file:

Samsung paid students to trash talk HTC online

Many of you owe me some apologies for calling me "crazy". This is not an illuminati conspiracy bull****. This is a real thing happening by Samsung. We need to stop it and maybe blackberry won't fail.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh wait, you're serious.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    08-27-13 11:24 AM
    People continually spouting negative reinforcements?
    Firstly, I doubt they're failing.
    Secondly, I don't think they need you to save them.

Z10 via CB 10
    Thirdly, if they do, BB is in worse shape than originally thought.

Good lord.

08-27-13 11:25 AM
    Answer me this though, why isn't BB10 selling in Canada? What is the conspiracy there?
    I was looking at phones at one of the carrier stores. Whenever I reached for a BlackBerry to try it out the sales rep slapped my hand and said "NO!"

True story.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using the CB Forums app
    reeneebob and shaleem like this.
    08-27-13 11:39 AM
    I was looking at phones at one of the carrier stores. Whenever I reached for a BlackBerry to try it out the sales rep slapped my hand and said "NO!"

True story.

Lmao, ah that explains it then.
    08-27-13 11:43 AM
    How long should I wait before I return to the first store? They didn't actually ban me, they only implied it.
    08-27-13 11:53 AM
    Oh you should go back right now.

It will go swimmingly, I'm sure.

shaleem likes this.
    08-27-13 11:55 AM
    How long should I wait before I return to the first store? They didn't actually ban me, they only implied it.
    Wear a mask and nobody will know.

08-27-13 12:02 PM

True story.

OMG! When I was there and picked up the iPhone 5, the sales rep took a bottle with a rubbery straw on it, quickly slipped it into the side of my mouth and squeezed. This delicious sugary liquid reached my taste buds and I had an overwhelmingly pleasant moment.

I thought he was just being friendly, but now that I know about the Blackberry slap, it is all becoming perfectly clear. The forces allied against BlackBerry are going old school Pavlovian on us!

We have to get the word out. Maybe a Times Square billboard. I will agree to spearhead this countercharge. If you want to join the movement PM me one bitcoin. When I have collected 1 million dollars I will get the billboard.
    08-27-13 12:07 PM
234 ... 78910