In the an unnamed mainstream phone shop after using the Q10 for a couple of minute the security alarm went off. The person at the purchasing area came over and apologised and then turned it off. Then probably about 30 seconds later it went off yet again. A horrible loud-sounding high pitched alarm that makes you feel extremely awkward and somewhat guilty inside.

Bugged security alarm system, or foul play?
    08-22-13 11:40 AM
    08-22-13 11:52 AM
    malfunctioning alarm for sure!
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-22-13 11:54 AM
    What?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:59 AM
    Yes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    Tre Lawrence and bekkay like this.
    08-22-13 12:04 PM
    It would be a very efficient way to drive people away from the blackberries and towards android.

"Hey, I think I'll try out the typing on the Q10"
    20 seconds in
    *BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*
    "Holy crap, everyone's looking at me. I'ma casually walk over to the android bit and hope people stop staring"

The second time the staff member (who was stood about 2m away) didn't even come over to turn it off again LOL.
    earlym likes this.
    08-22-13 12:10 PM
    In the an unnamed mainstream phone shop after using the Q10 for a couple of minute the security alarm went off. The person at the purchasing area came over and apologised and then turned it off. Then probably about 30 seconds later it went off yet again. A horrible loud-sounding high pitched alarm that makes you feel extremely awkward and somewhat guilty inside.

Bugged security alarm system, or foul play?
    Attachment 194685

Buy one of these and you will feel much better.
    08-22-13 12:13 PM
    It would be a very efficient way to drive people away from the blackberries and towards android.

20 seconds in
    *BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*
    "Holy crap, everyone's looking at me. I'ma casually walk over to the android bit and hope people stop staring"

The second time the staff member (who was stood about 2m away) didn't even come over to turn it off again LOL.
    You're lucky the security doors weren't working that day because you'd identified yourself to them and you were close to getting clubbed to death by iDroid wielding ZOMBIES

Z10 via CB 10
    08-22-13 04:39 PM
    IS THAT A THIN FOILED CHAIR....omg!
    currentodysseys likes this.
    08-22-13 04:43 PM
    I really don't think so but recently I suspect it goes on, on this site.
    I used loads of forums.
    I bought a Ford - I used a ford forum, people discuss problems with their Ford's, what they think of new models, want in new models, whats cool about each others Ford's, what accessories are available for Fords, Ask for advice on getting a Ford.... I sell my Ford and buy a Chrysler and guess what I use the Chrysler forum. Now guess what - when I used the Ford forum I discussed Fords and when I used the Chrysler forum I discussed Chrysler. At no tiime did I get the urge to log back on to the Ford forum as a Chrysler owner and say "Ford's are for losers - Chrysler rocks" You just don't get a## holes who don't have Ford's logging onto Ford forums to say how good chryslers are or vice versa. Now I never had an I phone so guess what I never read the I phone forum - does anyone among us feel they need to log on and explain the virtues of a keyboard? I don't understand why anyone would? Even the most hardened internet troll wouldn't bother there's just so many juicier more close to the bone things to troll about...... I get thinking that who ever owns Crackberry and Apple something and androi-something else might just employ skirmishers to provoke debate who get jaded and bored and are allowed to play on thier phones all day but don't get paid much, so have preference for android and the wealth of games which they can play for free whilst passing the countless hours they spend on public transport.... and I'd say more unless well I might upset the.....

Posted via CB10
    TangerineKandy and bradu1 like this.
    08-22-13 05:11 PM
    I would say there is anti-marketing from huffington post. As for your situation, I don't think it's that bad.
    08-22-13 09:30 PM
    Samsung sends ruffians to stores to hotwire competitor's devices. FACT.
    bekkay likes this.
    08-22-13 09:36 PM
    I really don't think so but recently I suspect it goes on, on this site.
    I used loads of forums.
    I bought a Ford - I used a ford forum, people discuss problems with their Ford's, what they think of new models, want in new models, whats cool about each others Ford's, what accessories are available for Fords, Ask for advice on getting a Ford.... I sell my Ford and buy a Chrysler and guess what I use the Chrysler forum. Now guess what - when I used the Ford forum I discussed Fords and when I used the Chrysler forum I discussed Chrysler. At no tiime did I get the urge to log back on to the Ford forum as a Chrysler owner and say "Ford's are for losers - Chrysler rocks" You just don't get a## holes who don't have Ford's logging onto Ford forums to say how good chryslers are or vice versa. Now I never had an I phone so guess what I never read the I phone forum - does anyone among us feel they need to log on and explain the virtues of a keyboard? I don't understand why anyone would? Even the most hardened internet troll wouldn't bother there's just so many juicier more close to the bone things to troll about...... I get thinking that who ever owns Crackberry and Apple something and androi-something else might just employ skirmishers to provoke debate who get jaded and bored and are allowed to play on thier phones all day but don't get paid much, so have preference for android and the wealth of games which they can play for free whilst passing the countless hours they spend on public transport.... and I'd say more unless well I might upset the.....

Posted via CB10
    We allow both Ford AND Chrysler users here at CB!
    08-22-13 10:18 PM

20 seconds in
    *BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*

You beat all and every conspiracy theorist on Crackberry, which is hard to do due to the sheer number of them.
    08-22-13 10:43 PM
    OP is being ironic, right?

Please tell me he's doing a pretty good imitation of a paranoid schizophrenic coming up with conspiracy theories for the smartphone wars he somehow got tangled up in.

I mean, I could post about how I triggered two alarms on Apple equipment in a Best Buy the other day, but I don't have to, cause OP is just yankin' our chains, right?
    bekkay and currentodysseys like this.
    08-22-13 11:56 PM
    I am being SERIOUS. Those alarms were rigged, I even looked underneath the phone and saw a load of wires and stuff.
    08-23-13 02:06 AM
    If it really bothered you SOOO much you could have lifted all the other displays to see if any others went off and if none did but the BlackBerrys then just stand there all day lifting it and watching the clerk shut it off. Then maybe confront him on how weird that only the BBs alarms go off. Joke around and say things like "man, it's not like they needed any more reasons for people to walk away, eh? wink wink nudge nudge" and then see what he says. I think I would have paid to see that. Ok don't actually. It's really mean and annoying too.
    wanted198 likes this.
    08-23-13 02:20 AM
    If it really bothered you SOOO much you could have lifted all the other displays to see if any others went off and if none did but the BlackBerrys then just stand there all day lifting it and watching the clerk shut it off. Then maybe confront him on how weird that only the BBs alarms go off. Joke around and say things like "man, it's not like they needed any more reasons for people to walk away, eh? wink wink nudge nudge" and then see what he says. I think I would have paid to see that. Ok don't actually. It's really mean and annoying too.
    I'll go back this afternoon. I'm not going to do that all day though, I don't have a whole day to spend doing that and it'd get pretty boring. But I could probably spend 1hr 30-2 hours in there with a costa. You are allowed to take coffee into phone shops right? By the way, would you recommend me to record it so I can send it to blackberry?
    08-23-13 02:55 AM
    It happened to me with a Q10 too. But I get more paranoid when I hear people being diverted to samsung:

"Do you have the new BlackBerry, " she said shyly.
    The shop assistant laughed.
    "The Z10? It's bad. Really bad. You like to text?"
    "Um yea."
    "What you need is the Samsung S3. It's excellent. "
    "Ok."

True story lol.

Posted via CB10
    wanted198 likes this.
    08-23-13 03:00 AM
    I am being SERIOUS. Those alarms were rigged, I even looked underneath the phone and saw a load of wires and stuff.
    Your lucky, the men in white suits must have been on lunch break otherwise they might have been out to collect you for reconditioning....

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 03:43 AM
    I'll go back this afternoon. I'm not going to do that all day though, I don't have a whole day to spend doing that and it'd get pretty boring. But I could probably spend 1hr 30-2 hours in there with a costa. You are allowed to take coffee into phone shops right? By the way, would you recommend me to record it so I can send it to blackberry?
    Haha. No dude. I was kidding. Forget them. If it really is an issue it should be taken up with the company but seriously it's like a drop in the bucket. It's smart though because it would be less work than talking people out of a BB and I keep hearing those stories. See above.
    08-23-13 03:47 AM
    Haha. No dude. I was kidding. Forget them. If it really is an issue it should be taken up with the company but seriously it's like a drop in the bucket. It's smart though because it would be less work than talking people out of a BB and I keep hearing those stories. See above.
    I get you but I think I could write up a case file on this and do my part for blackberry. It might end up helping the company and stopping them from closing? So anyway, are you allowed to take coffee into a phone shop?

gg bb I don't think a phone shops security team are allowed to arrest me like that.
    08-23-13 03:52 AM
    OP, you seem to be heading north - northeast while I am cruising south-southwest on this one -avoiding the paranoia beach front-

PS: You are not being serious about your original post right?....?....RIGHT....???? :-P
    Attached Thumbnails Is Anti-Marketing Going on Here?-hotspots-off.jpg  
    08-23-13 04:34 AM
    LMAO!!!
    08-23-13 04:39 AM
    WIRES?!? Under the phone and alarm?!? DAMN! I guess you might ve right!

YOU HAVE TO REPORT THIS!

Seriously! Or something that would be even better: Back in the 60ies the FBI used to infiltrate peace rallies and peace group meetings, and write reports about what was going on... YOU NEED TO BE OUR FBI!

Go to as many phone stores as you can, pretend to be a customer, and if the salesperson tries to talk you out of getting a Blackberry, write down his name and a little incident report outlining the conversation. Also: Write down anything else you notice that might be results of sabotage. Alarms being rigged, phones not working or replaced by dummies etc.

Once you have 20 or so of these reports, send them to Thorstein Heins and possibly BBRY corporate security, so they can take action!

This could be huge! You might actually really do some damage to the saboteurs trying to bring Blackberry down!
    currentodysseys likes this.
    08-23-13 05:00 AM
234 123 ...