I just bought the jawbone for the noise cancelation feature but it just does not fit my ear right. I was thinking about returning it and getting the Ant Z9. The jawbone has great quality. Does the Ant Z9 have that as well as a better fit?
    04-10-08 07:53 PM
    I with you on the jawbone. I have had mine for quite some time and I havenever been able to get it to fit right. I have even biught and tried the gel ear pieces. Despite the fantastic sound and quality I am ready to try something else.
    04-10-08 07:55 PM
    I have the Ant Z9. Its great. Hardly know its in my ear. My boss has one too based on my recommendation. I have it on all day and forget its there. Boss loves it too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-08 08:06 PM
    Jawbone - Try bending the metal clips like you would a hanger...lol That's how I got it to fit better. From there it was a pain to get on but once it's on it's good.

Blue Ant Z9 - Much easier to put on right out of the box. I've been using it without the clear clip for the most part (but feel safer with it). Both have their pros and cons. After trying the Ant out I kinda like the size over the bulky Jawbone.
    04-10-08 08:14 PM
    Jawbone - Try bending the metal clips like you would a hanger...lol That's how I got it to fit better. From there it was a pain to get on but once it's on it's good.

Blue Ant Z9 - Much easier to put on right out of the box. I've been using it without the clear clip for the most part (but feel safer with it). Both have their pros and cons. After trying the Ant out I kinda like the size over the bulky Jawbone.

What would a few drawbacks of the Ant Z9 be?
    04-10-08 08:20 PM
    Chynnamann...you have both. What do you think?

04-10-08 09:56 PM
    Oh one good thing about the Z9 is that their firmware is upgradeable, so when a new version comes out you can download it. Also there's a two year warranty.

04-10-08 09:58 PM
    Chugg / Drawbacks??? Well the buttons on the Z9 WILL take some getting use to. Traditionally, if you press the button on the headset it would hang up but on the Z9 it will turn on the isolation or turn it off. To hang up you have to hold it till you hear it beep... if you hold it down too long you will turn it off... you can always hang up from the handset... and yes the Firmware is upgradeable.

Keywest610 / I bought the Jawbone first because that's the BT everyone talks about. Watching the short vids etc. I thought it looked stylish and cool. I wasn't too impressed with it when it hit my hands. A real pain in trying to get it to fit etc... So then I was thinking... who is Jawbone competition?

Blue Ant Z9 - Looked okay at first. It's loud! I had a friend help me test the sound of both units... not a big difference. I returned the Jawbone and went with the Blue Ant Z9 because it's easier to put on, was less expensive and I ended up preferring its smaller size over the BIG Jawbone. I see people driving around and that thing looks like it covers you whole cheek!
    Last edited by chynnamann; 04-11-08 at 12:11 AM.
    04-11-08 12:04 AM
    Have used both...Love both...but love the Z9 more for all around use.
    04-11-08 12:06 AM
    Well thanks for the feedback guys. I bought the Z9 on ebay. Overall I hear its the best and you guys seem to agree.
    04-11-08 02:22 AM
    I was interested in the replies to chugg. Thanks Chynnamann.

Kevin, your review sold me on the Z9. This site is awesome. I love being part of it. Thanks.

Chugg, let us know what you decide. I am still getting used to the buttons, but as I said, I wear it all day and its fine.

04-11-08 02:26 AM
    Looks like my post hit the thread after chugg's did. Let us know your thoughts after trying it out.

04-11-08 02:31 AM
    I got my Z9 yesterday. Actually bought it off ebay from a store, but receive a "used" z9 with ear wax on it... Yurk! I've been told this is a mistake and they offered to exchange it but I asked for a refund instead since work was open to buy me a bluetooth for work (new law in effect here since april first, you can't use your cellphone while driving unless you have a headset).

Work provided me with the z9 yesterday, updated the firmware, recharged it and was ready to use.

First thing I notice, how confortable the Z9 is. It's really not heavy so it does not put a preasure on your ear. It's really easy to put on and have a solid fix like some have already commented on. Sound quality, at least when I hear people, it great. In noisy environement you can pop the sound up to still hear properly.

As for the sound isolation, people told me it attune the surround sound (like my radio in my car) without completly blocking it but with sound isolation mode set to max, it did make a difference/improvement for the person who was listening to me.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. Aout of the 4 BT headset I've tried, it's easily the best one. I have not tried the jawbone. due to lots of comment about how not confortable it was, I decided to go with the Z9 right away.
    04-11-08 11:47 AM
    Thanks guys. Really good reviews. I have a jawbone and because of the crappy fit I am tossing it. Looks like I found something new to try. Thanks again.
    04-11-08 01:58 PM
    I got my Z9 yesterday. Actually bought it off ebay from a store, but receive a "used" z9 with ear wax on it... Yurk! I've been told this is a mistake and they offered to exchange it but I asked for a refund instead since work was open to buy me a bluetooth for work (new law in effect here since april first, you can't use your cellphone while driving unless you have a headset).

Work provided me with the z9 yesterday, updated the firmware, recharged it and was ready to use.

First thing I notice, how confortable the Z9 is. It's really not heavy so it does not put a preasure on your ear. It's really easy to put on and have a solid fix like some have already commented on. Sound quality, at least when I hear people, it great. In noisy environement you can pop the sound up to still hear properly.

As for the sound isolation, people told me it attune the surround sound (like my radio in my car) without completly blocking it but with sound isolation mode set to max, it did make a difference/improvement for the person who was listening to me.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. Aout of the 4 BT headset I've tried, it's easily the best one. I have not tried the jawbone. due to lots of comment about how not confortable it was, I decided to go with the Z9 right away.

Thanks guys I have the ant on the way!
    04-14-08 01:02 PM
    Let us know what you think after you get it.

04-14-08 01:13 PM
    Let us know what you think after you get it.

Ok I have been using the Ant and I am dissapointed with it. The size is amazing and it stays easily in my ear and I dont even have to have the loop around the top of my ear. But the conversations are really scratchy on my end when I put the phone in my pocket or dont have it in direct distance from the phone. So I am not sold on this.
    04-18-08 12:54 AM
    Hmmm. I never have my phone in Mt pocket or purse so I can't speak on that. I keep my BB on my belt or on me desk or in my hand. The Z9 does perform well for me. It has great range too. Sorry you aren't happy with it.

04-18-08 01:05 AM
    Wonder if its the same with other BTs. That is, if you put it in your pocket or purse.

04-18-08 01:07 AM
    I have had my Jawbone since november 2007.

Everytime I charged it that black piece on the end kept breaking off. I traded it out... once.

I took it back to the at&t store I purchased it at (yesterday, as of this posting) and they took it back.

They let me trade it out for whatever I wanted.

I thought about the Blueant, but heard the stories...not really horror, just that it wasn't as good as the Jawbone.

I really liked the Jawbone, it had GREAT distance while on the phone. I could walk to the end of my driveway (about 60 - 80 feet) and keep good service.

I gave in and I got the MotoPURE H12.

It does the same thing as the Jawbone (or supposed to anyway).

I will keep you updated.

(Is it just me, or has the Jawbone's black cap [the part that turns on the noise reduction] broke for anyone else after taking it off the charger.)

msblueline
    04-18-08 02:07 AM
    Maybe if a new version of firmware comes out for the Z9 that will help. I don't know. Somw of the guys I work with have Motorola don't know which ones but the don't complain.

04-18-08 09:14 AM
    Ok I have been using the Ant and I am dissapointed with it. The size is amazing and it stays easily in my ear and I dont even have to have the loop around the top of my ear. But the conversations are really scratchy on my end when I put the phone in my pocket or dont have it in direct distance from the phone. So I am not sold on this.
    The only time I had what you describe here is when I was walking, in a windy environement, with my BB NOT on the same side then my Z9.

Since I switched the side of where I used to wear my BB to be on the same side as the BT headset, I almost never have that problem. Winds sometime will cause this but this something that is comon to most BT headsets.

BUT, it's known that BB don't have the best Bluetooth range. Not sure which model you use but I use a 8830WE.
    04-18-08 09:44 AM
    I haven't found the perfect BT yet either I guess.... My friend bought and H12 and tested it against the Z9 for about a week. He had a defective Z9 as it had noticeable static... he exchanged it. By the end of his testing the H12 went back.
    04-19-08 12:25 AM
    I have the Blue Ant T8 and it doesn't fit in my ear. It's too loose and when I turn my head it almost falls out. I was thinking of the Jawbone but I heard it almost falls apart after a while. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    04-19-08 11:51 AM
    I have been using the Z9 for about 3 weeks now. IT IS GREAT! I have the H700 and I always got the complaint of static. Now all I do is hit my little button and I get "Vioce Isolation Max". Good stuff and no complaints
    04-19-08 03:45 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD