Greetings,

Is there either a native method, or a third party method of answering incoming calls directly to speakerphone?

I was hoping for some mysterious, or not so mysterious button press that upon an incoming call would answer it, but via the speakerphone.

I have tried the obvious method of hitting the speakerphone key on my 9700 as the device is ringing, no dice.

Cheers
    06-09-10 05:33 AM
    I do not believe there is a way to do that. You have to manually press it after you get a call. Its probably some kind of privacy issue.
    06-09-10 08:50 AM
    There SHOULD be an app!
    06-09-10 08:55 AM
    There SHOULD be an app!
    No way! I would be p'ed if I was next to someone in a public place that answered their phone in speakerphone mode...

Unless of course there was an option during the ringing process.....
    06-09-10 09:10 AM
    No more annoying then those beeping push to talk phones! Now THAT is annoying!
    06-09-10 10:12 AM
    No way! I would be p'ed if I was next to someone in a public place that answered their phone in speakerphone mode...

Unless of course there was an option during the ringing process.....
    This is what I was hoping for, a choice (by button press) during the incoming call ring to answer normally with the talk key, or press some other key to answer in speakerphone mode. Not one that always answered in speakerphone mode, as I still would like privacy on most occasions, though not all.

"Where you at dawg?"

---

Anywhoosits, thanks for the replies so far. Seems there is no native method for this.

Any developers interested?

Cheers all
    06-09-10 12:27 PM
    I totally forgot about that craze, haven't heard one of those in years.

I'm not sure a developer would be able to make an app like that. Isn't the calling/phone part hardwired/coded into the device's OS that can't be changed?
    06-09-10 12:30 PM
    I totally forgot about that craze, haven't heard one of those in years.

I'm not sure a developer would be able to make an app like that. Isn't the calling/phone part hardwired/coded into the device's OS that can't be changed?

I have a sinking feeling you may be spot on, however, I am hoping a craft Dev. will save the day and prove us both wrong.
    06-09-10 12:34 PM
    This is what I was hoping for, a choice (by button press) during the incoming call ring to answer normally with the talk key, or press some other key to answer in speakerphone mode.
    To answer normally you press the green phone key.

To answer with the speakerphone you press the green phone key and then the $ key. Does the inconvenience or pressing one extra key deserve an app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 02:57 PM
    To answer normally you press the green phone key.

To answer with the speakerphone you press the green phone key and then the $ key. Does the inconvenience or pressing one extra key deserve an app?

Kinda what I was thinking...

If you're fast enough you can even do it without the caller noticing...
    06-09-10 04:57 PM
    The stock Phone App should have the ability to have the speaker key pressed instead of the Send key to answer directly to speakerphone if needed... however, I don't think anyone at RIM would ever think of implementing that.
    06-09-10 05:16 PM
    i to have been looking for this type of app and it doesnt exsist....but i would really love this
    06-09-10 08:32 PM
    I am aware of how to answer normally and activate speakerphone after the fact, my concern and wish was to answer in one button push to speakerphone.

As to your question I answer with:
    Where exactly does one draw the line for what is an acceptable app to correct an inconvenience? It seems to me that wherever the line is drawn is where innovation and productivity start to stagnate. Why draw a line?

I agree the stock phone client should take care of this. It doesn't. Perhaps in a future build. Until then, my question remains:

Any takers?

06-09-10 08:56 PM
    I would love such a feature too.

Here's where it would be helpful... While driving, my wife calls. Answering is easy enough blindly hitting the answer button. It's not quite so easy to hit the OP key blindly on my Pearl (which is what doubles as the speakerphone key) which also happens to be on the opposite side of the keyboard and down a row. For that, even after almost 4 years, I still have to look down at my phone to do it. Even if for a split second, it's still enough to make me nervous because I have to actually pay attention to the button I'm hitting. How people actually text while driving totally baffles me.

Just assigning one of the other corner keys to answer in speakerogone mode would be enough. For the Pearl, the lower left Alt key perhaps?

06-09-10 10:39 PM
    On the Storm I'd love this ability. When driving you need to pick up, tell the person to wait, hit the back button to exit out of screenlock, then hit speakerphone. Yuck! I'd suggest a pre-set "drive" mode where it only picks up in speaker. Then you get to your destination and you change it back. Kinda like a sound profile option. Not hard to implement!

06-09-10 10:53 PM
    I was thinking some sort of app that you could either assign a key to function this way, or, maybe if you are using it for driving:

Mash the keyboard to answer speakerphone, green for normal. Problem for this would be storm users, and also potential for speakerphone "hiney-answering"

I can dream.
    Thanks for input all.

Cheers

/edited to use hiney
    06-10-10 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD