There are already better and better commercials out there for BlackBerry 10 software, but I think that they have still forgotten one thing.
    Right now, as I am writing this on my BlackBerry Z10, I'm hearing the pleasing sounds of chopin, Bach, vivaldi and many more through my headphones. This doesn't come from my music, but is played by YouTube in the browser. This works for every app, so I can listen to this wonderful music while I'm doing stuff on my phone, it not being cut off when I start an app. This is one of the many features that I show, if somebody asks the familiar question 'Is that a BlackBerry ? '. The reaction from the person not using a BlackBerry is always positive and they are quite often baffled by this. I really think marketing this aspect of BlackBerry 10 could help them along.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 03:47 AM
    You're right. I usually don't go to YouTube for music but it's true.
    L_ieven likes this.
    05-25-14 05:06 AM
    I agree.. this could go as one of the marketing.
    But then, many other features will likely blow off other OSes should be marketed as well..

And as we all know, BlackBerry and. Marketing doesn't normally go in a sentence.
    LOL

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    Stewartj1 and L_ieven like this.
    05-25-14 05:10 AM
    My daughter uses the Fast Tube and YouTube apps all the time while knocking texts out by using the notification bar. I was amazed at how fast her Z10 is and how much she is able to do and swipe in between her apps. I have a Q10 and Z10 and i guess sometimes I take for granted what my BB10 devices can do. Marketing sadly has always been BB's achilles heel.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    L_ieven likes this.
    05-25-14 08:41 AM
    Yes, the multitasking really works great on BB10. Actually better than on any other phone I've had.
    L_ieven likes this.
    05-25-14 08:48 AM
    No doubt that HUB, Multitasking, Security.... the basics of getting things done, are all great on BB10 and should have been better shown back when they were doing some mass advertising. Problem is people want to get things done, and have some fun too. The App Gap was huge at launch and is still very real... just doesn't make sense to advertise a sports car that is missing the transmission. BlackBerry knows this and that is why you see very little marketing going on. Have to hope that they are waiting until they have a solution.
    05-27-14 04:00 PM
    It is a common misconception on CrackBerry that only BB10 phones can do this. The iphone is fully capable of this as well. I have a youtube video playing in the background right now while I'm in the CrackBerry app. Once you leave the browser, the sound stops. Swipe up from the bottom to bring up the control center, and push play. Now the sound from the video will play and you can go into other apps with the sound still playing from the YouTube video. It's a nice feature but not limited to blackberry.
    05-27-14 08:27 PM
    It is a common misconception on CrackBerry that only BB10 phones can do this. The iphone is fully capable of this as well. I have a youtube video playing in the background right now while I'm in the CrackBerry app. Once you leave the browser, the sound stops. Swipe up from the bottom to bring up the control center, and push play. Now the sound from the video will play and you can go into other apps with the sound still playing from the YouTube video. It's a nice feature but not limited to blackberry.
    Good to know. Does that work with the browser or the app or both? Also does that work with any music app? I have Slacker Radio playing right now while I play Subway Surfers. Both are Android ports actually. Can you do this easily on your iPhone too? Anybody got an Android they can do that with too? If you can all do it then we don't have much of a case now, do we?
    05-27-14 08:47 PM
    Good to know. Does that work with the browser or the app or both? Also does that work with any music app? I have Slacker Radio playing right now while I play Subway Surfers. Both are Android ports actually. Can you do this easily on your iPhone too? Anybody got an Android they can do that with too? If you can all do it then we don't have much of a case now, do we?
    It works with the browser on the iPhone but not the official YouTube app. I'm not sure why the YouTube app doesn't support that, because some other apps do. For example, I use an app called Pocket Casts for my podcasts (great app), and the podcasts from that app can be controlled through the control center while in other apps. Essentially, the last media you looked at or listened to gets loaded into the control center, which can be pulled up from anywhere including while in any other app. It has a play/pause button and forward and back buttons. I'm not sure how android handles this.

UPDATE: I tested it with Slacker and Subway Surfer and it worked well. Can listen, pause, and skip songs while still in the game. But my battery is very low so I had to go plug in. Now THAT is something BB should advertise, at least with the Z30.
    Last edited by MmmHmm; 05-27-14 at 09:09 PM.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-27-14 08:56 PM
    Anybody got an Android they can do that with too?
    It works on Android (and has since at least FroYo), yes. It does depend on how the app is written, though. The YouTube app is specifically written not to run in the background (likely as a battery-saving feature), but that was an intentional choice by the developer, not a limitation of the phone. Running YouTube in the browser will work just fine in the background, and most other media apps (Pandora, Spotify, Google Music) work just fine as background apps, with controls available in the notification shade.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-28-14 02:04 PM
    Okay well, there goes that idea. It's good to know that BB10 kind of lets any app do this no matter what though. Another thing is that native apps will let you change tracks through the volume pop-up. Not the best but is kind of nice. Unfortunately not too many music apps are native. I have tried it with most apps and so far they just let you run with it.
    05-28-14 03:13 PM
    Okay well, there goes that idea. It's good to know that BB10 kind of lets any app do this no matter what though. Another thing is that native apps will let you change tracks through the volume pop-up. Not the best but is kind of nice. Unfortunately not too many music apps are native. I have tried it with most apps and so far they just let you run with it.
    Music controls work for android apps too, or at least the ones I tried.. and the native videos app pauses the video when you minimize which is quite annoying

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-29-14 11:17 AM
    No doubt that HUB, Multitasking, Security.... the basics of getting things done, are all great on BB10 and should have been better shown back when they were doing some mass advertising. Problem is people want to get things done, and have some fun too. The App Gap was huge at launch and is still very real... just doesn't make sense to advertise a sports car that is missing the transmission. BlackBerry knows this and that is why you see very little marketing going on. Have to hope that they are waiting until they have a solution.
    Transmission is missing, you say? Wow. Don't you think that was over the top analogy?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:27 PM
    It works on Android (and has since at least FroYo), yes. It does depend on how the app is written, though. The YouTube app is specifically written not to run in the background (likely as a battery-saving feature), but that was an intentional choice by the developer, not a limitation of the phone. Running YouTube in the browser will work just fine in the background, and most other media apps (Pandora, Spotify, Google Music) work just fine as background apps, with controls available in the notification shade.
    On samsungs It is handled differently they do they do solitario screens i can run both youtube and a locally stored video at the same time
    without pausing sale with audio and video

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-31-14 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD