Hey all,

I have been reading a lot about the Bold vs. Storm 2 debate and I still can't make up my mind.

I have to choose next week.

I currently have the Storm 1 and I have had 0 problems with it. When I used to have the 7520 and then the World (8830), I had tons of issues. The keys ended up getting stuck, the trackball kept falling off, etc. I know that the new Bold has a touchpad instead of a trackball, but I am still apprehensive about this as well as the smaller screensize.

My biggest issue also is how bad the Facebook application runs on the Storm 1. It takes me a long time to refresh all my friends to send a message and while I like the functionality it has with my contact book, it just is very slow.

Some friends of mine say that the Bold is the only 3G RIM device available and for that reason alone I should go with it instead of the Storm 2. Thoughts?

Finally, will my Storm 1 accessories work on the Storm 2 (skin, charger, battery?)

Thanks
    04-03-10 08:25 PM
    Well look at my sig. I loved the Storm 2 but one issue made me not keep it (dropped calls) using a 9000 right now and it a very solid phone (better battery life) but i would still say the Storm is my all time favorite BB. As i Storm 1 owner who liked your Strom you will LOVE the S2. Only thing you'll need to get new skins and cases. Oh your friends are wrong the S1 and S2 ae 3G devices. Just you won't get 3G in the US.
    04-03-10 08:35 PM
    I live half the year in the U.S. and half the year in Canada, so is the 3G important in that scenario?
    04-03-10 08:45 PM
    Well if 3G is important to you that's the question. If not go with the S2
    04-03-10 09:32 PM
    I am in the us and I get 3G with the storm 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 09:54 PM
    I am also a Silver-Medalist, and my S2 is 3G. The Bold is not the only 3G CrackBerry. Off the top of my head - Tour, Storm, Curve........
    04-03-10 11:15 PM
    Storm2. without hesitation. Also if your only problem is Facebook. That's prolyl how it will be on most BB's though I do share your problem on my storm.. It's just the app mostly. They should be updating to 2.0 soon so don't let that get in your way. And Skins probably wont work on the storm2. They might fit but some of the keys are different..
    04-03-10 11:33 PM
    Thanks all for your help
    04-04-10 12:05 AM
    I'm on a s2 unlocked in t-mobile. I like the s2 a lot but prefer the 9700. Real keyboard trumps touchscreen...

04-04-10 03:58 AM
    SurePress trumps real keyboard trumps touchscreen.

This:

but I am still apprehensive about this as well as the smaller screensize.
    Is what's going to make me say the Storm2, 100%. If small screen size is a potential issue for you, you won't be content with the small screen of the Bold.

Plus, the Storm2 is just a sexy device.

But so is the 9700...I dunno. If you're in Canada, and on Telus (which it looks like you are) the Bold 9700 is an HSPA+ phone (3G+) whereas the Storm2 is a CDMA phone (3G). The 9700 has undoubtedly faster connections for data and whatnot.

I would just say it's up to you. If you liked the Storm, you'll love the Storm2. It's pretty much as simple as that. If you weren't happy with the Storm, or found the SurePress to be a hinder rather than a help, maybe you should consider the 9700.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-04-10 at 09:33 AM.
    04-04-10 09:29 AM
    The S2 if you want a bigger screen and if you want a touchscreen device.

The 9700 is a good device because of its battery life and has a bigger proccessor.
    04-04-10 10:09 AM
    if you are using a US SIM you won't get 3G in the states with the Storm on GSM. But, you're already used to that so maybe stick with the Storm. I would have bought a Storm if it was available through AT&T.

04-04-10 10:33 AM
    DO NOT get the s2. It is a nice phone and all but the technology needs alot of work.. RIM is just starting with ts devices and they have a long way to go. My vote is 9700 as its my favorite BB even though I had to settle with the Tour since vzw doesnt have the Bold 9700.
    04-04-10 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD