so looking at buying a home/condo me and my broker are constantly going back and forth on email.
    we were at an inspection the other day and she pulled out her samsung android ran phone.

she commented on how nice it is to deal with me because she normally gets an email back from me within seconds. i said you could to if you owned a blackberry.

she then began to tell me that she had owned a blackberry before and was due for an upgrade and dropped hers in the toilet. she went to the verizon store and told the sales person that she wanted to replace her blackberry with a newer version. the sales person looked at her and brought her straight to the android section. she was taken back because she specifically said she wanted a blackberry and asked the rep why he brought her over to that section.

he told her that blackberry was dying and going out of business and he refused to sell her a phone that would not be supported in the next 6 months.

so her being tech shall we say illiterate believed him and thought he was looking out for her best interest and bought an android phone that he claimed was the best. now she is stuck with this touchscreen that takes her 5x longer to email someone on because a reps personal and non professional belief.

want to know why rim isnt doing too well? yes alot of the blame can be put on rims hands but the people selling phones are not even considering blackberry as an option anymore and not listening to what the customer wants and pushing what they like onto the customer.

just thought i would share another story about how well sales are doing in the real world and another reason why they're not doing well
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-16-12 11:51 PM
    Part of the fun of dealing with commissioned sales staff. Hawk what is popular, you wow 'em with cool and forget the tool.
    04-16-12 11:59 PM
    I guess that's the case jim.

Hey looked at your bbm profile. You back on berry? Rocking 2 devices?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 12:04 AM
    The sales rep in any store will walk you over to an Android because it's an easy sale.
    04-17-12 12:18 AM
    The sales rep in any store will walk you over to an Android because it's an easy sale.

Just stinks that they want an easy sell rather than a educated sale contoured to the customer. Guess I'm old fashioned. Lol

Morty2264 and Mr.Monty like this.
    04-17-12 12:20 AM
    why doesnt she have he mail set to push on her android?
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-17-12 12:23 AM
    Just stinks that they want an easy sell rather than a educated sale contoured to the customer. Guess I'm old fashioned. Lol

Which is how I sell. In my mind, it's less hassle. I hate when coworkers go for the easy sale because they never seem to be working when the frustrated customer comes in hating their phone.

Sell the phone best suited in the first place.

I agree with howarmat though, her email isn't configured properly. She should be getting it as fast as a BB.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-17-12 at 12:27 AM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-17-12 12:25 AM
    i fimly agree that the store reps are a huge reason why BBs are selling. maybe RIM needs to do a promotional plan or something with the carriers. like the person who sells the most BB10s gets a free smart phone of their choice.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-17-12 12:30 AM

I think she just meant me getting back to her faster than a normal client.

I believe she has her comcast.net email set up on her droid.

04-17-12 12:32 AM
    Why do I find it hard to believe that a sales rep really refused to sell an item, or that a broker would be so naive/stupid? If true I would suggest you find a new broker, but I am more inclined to believe there is (as usual) much more to the story that is not being told....
    BoldPreza likes this.
    04-17-12 12:33 AM
    I'm really considering taking a part time job at an att store just to sell blackberries...LOL My buddy works at a ATT store and said they might be getting the Porche Design P'9981 as a work phone ...I was like "where do I sign!"
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-17-12 12:46 AM
    You're exactly right. Its very unprofessional to take personal opinion or "what makes more gross profit" into affecting every day sales. See we may not sell as many BB's as we do say Android or iPhone, but all of my reps are balanced in their consulting with customers. They ask "what would you like your device to do for you?" And different qualifying questions like that. Granted if they come in asking for a specific device, to avoid walk outs, we generally give them what they ask for. But if a customer tells me they send 100 emails a day, and like to do some social networking here and there but want reliable battery all at the same time, my rep isn't going to sell them an iPhone cause we have 20 in inventory, or an incredible 2 because the GP is good. That's just poor management and its also a fine example of poor device knowledge and sales ability.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-17-12 12:46 AM
    why so hard to believe? ive experienced it myself at a local Telus store when inquiring about a BB product. in my case i was told that the PB was being discontinued because it was garbage and that RIM was going under. the funny thing was when i went back a week later to pay my bill the Telus store had closed!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    kazakoshi and gschep like this.
    04-17-12 12:51 AM
    I guess that's the case jim.

Hey looked at your bbm profile. You back on berry? Rocking 2 devices?

Yup, Style and Photon. Had a line come available, decided I'd use it for BB stuff, best of two worlds.
    04-17-12 12:59 AM
    i presume they are still selling nokias despite nokia making more of a loss than RIM
    BoldPreza likes this.
    04-17-12 04:53 AM
    I too have experienced being led to another phone after specifically asking for a BlackBerry 9900. In my case, I told the rep that I'm not considering another phone because I've been with BlackBerry for a long time and it is the best platform for my uses. Fortunately, this rep was more interested in giving me what I wanted than in trying to sell me a different phone.
    04-17-12 10:55 AM
    We have sales companies over here in the UK that are ruthless, too. I’d better not name names but I know for certain that there are three high street chains where, if you walk in and ask for a certain brand and on a certain network they will tap your details into their sales screens and TELL YOU that you have failed credit score on that particular network JUST so they can sell you a connection on a different network because they make more bonus that day/week/month with the one THEY want to sell YOU. They do the same with handset brands and models, too.

Why do I know this – I have spent many a happy hour talking with one of the girls who used to train all the store staff. Some of her stories were tru;y eye opening.

Osh
    04-17-12 11:48 AM
    No exchange, no push from a hosted business email on Android or Iphone. And exchange aint cheap.
    04-17-12 12:13 PM
    Easier than "Hi, I want a new Blackberry?" I fail to see whats easier about "selling" an Android versus "giving" a Blackberry.
    danimalchil likes this.
    04-17-12 12:13 PM
    i presume they are still selling nokias despite nokia making more of a loss than RIM
    Yea seriously. There are handset makers in much worse shape than RIM. Why is it that the focus has solely been on them? Sony has a $6 Billion loss reported and are slashing thousands of jobs. Doesn't affect their handset sales. Nokia is too early to tell, but they definitely aren't a healthy corporation right now with everything banking on that Lumia line doing well.

I don't understand that.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-17-12 12:18 PM
    Do wireless companies make less money with RIM due to the fee RIM charges for security/compression? In that case, it would be in their best interest to push Android, then go back to the business table and beat down RIM for lower fees by showing them that no-one in the US buys their phones.
    04-17-12 12:44 PM
    If I walked into a provider store looking for a blackberry and they direct me to andriod I'll just ask for help from someone else, if they all direct me towards andriod I will just walk out and take my money else where.
    Last edited by Shocktribe; 04-17-12 at 12:58 PM.
    04-17-12 12:56 PM
    No exchange, no push from a hosted business email on Android or Iphone. And exchange aint cheap.

Its comcast.net. It most certainly can be set up on exchange on an iPhone. Used to tech support them (its been a while but for you to say it isn't possible is a lie - do you even HAVE Comcast in the UK?)

And if for some bizarre reason it wasn't working you simply do it the old BIS way - back when we linked our email accounts into carrier.blackberry.net BIS master accounts. If you had an account that didn't play nice with push on iphone or android, forward it to @me.com (for apple) or your required gmail on android. Problem solved.

Although I never had an issue with that at all in the last few years, including with small ISPs on BB, Android or iPhone. All email accounts have been pushed from the get go.

I know you refuse to believe even anecdotal evidence from people who actually use these phones everyday and get their email as fast or faster than on their BB (my iphone is still faster at getting email) but I can't help that. You'll believe what you choose. Its when you then spread misinformation like you just did that I will speak up.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-17-12 at 01:18 PM.
    04-17-12 01:13 PM
    Its comcast.net. It most certainly can be set up on exchange on an iPhone. Used to tech support them (its been a while but for you to say it isn't possible is a lie - do you even HAVE Comcast in the UK?)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes, you can but you need to buy exchange first, all hosting providers can probably sell you microsoft exchange but it's on top of your normal web and email host package.
    04-17-12 01:19 PM
    But again, if they DON'T offer exchange service, forward to your free @me.com account.

Push email. The same way BB has done it for years - by routing it through the servers. It can be done.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-17-12 at 01:57 PM.
    04-17-12 01:33 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD