This may be a small thing to someone, but it's very irritating thing for me.
    I don't know about Android, but I assume it's similar to how iPhone is set up.
    And in pretty much every single free app I have on my iPod touch, opening the app bombards me with ads. I mean, yeah the app is free but... Like, AP Mobile. Every time I open it, there's a big popup ad. When I open an article, there's a big ad. I mean, come on.
    I'm not saying that BlackBerry apps don't have ads; I have several free apps that are ad supported. But the app doesn't saturate me with ads every time I touch it. And especially AP Mobile, which is ad free in BlackBerry (as far as I can tell) rather than saturated like the iPhone version.
    Thank you RIM and developers, for not turning my phone into a bombardment of advertising.
    Anyone else agree with me here?
    12-15-10 10:43 PM
    Yes, yes, yes. But this is all gonna change with QNX. Advertising is the wave of the future of free apps.
    12-15-10 10:48 PM
    There are also far fewer apps available for BB though. I'm sure not a big fan of ads but I would rather have a free app and tolerate an ad than have to pay for the version without ads. I mean the developers do deserve something for their effort. If they make something from the ad being there fine, at least I didn't have to give them anything for it...
    12-15-10 10:52 PM
    True Sandy, but I haven't found many apps on my iPod that I want that I can't find on my BB. I'm not really into games though, that's a big part of why that is.
    And I don't mind ads. But I don't like staring at a huge ad the whole time I'm in the app, or huge obnoxious ads that stay open for a few seconds when I open the app. There are some aps like that on BB< but not many.
    And you're probably right mitch, QNX probably will change that. I sure as heck hope not though. Personally, I'll happily spend a couple bucks to get rid of ads in apps I use a lot.
    12-15-10 11:01 PM