I'm sitting here bored and work and I go onto yahoo and the first thing on the page is how women don't like the Iphone because of their nails and I just thought it was kinda funny.... just another reason people aren't liking the Iphone
    06-24-08 07:57 AM
    Wow, that's funny.
    06-24-08 08:00 AM
    Great thread

Yet another iPhone bashing thread. I can see how that is funny... but I think it is funny that people are generally so stuck on the iPhone being "bad" that they do not recognize it is a great device, in its own right (just as the BlackBerry is a great device in its own right as well).

An iPhone is an iPhone and has good qualities. A Berry is a Berry and also has good qualities
    06-24-08 08:05 AM
    I'm not bashing the iPhone at all I just thought it was kind of funny because small little details like women having nails and the phone picking up signals from your finger tips and that didn't ring a bell in the engineers heads at apple.

I agree it is a great device and it will only get better but it's still a new concept and I'm sure they will figure something out.
    06-24-08 08:29 AM
    Great thread

Yet another iPhone bashing thread. I can see how that is funny... but I think it is funny that people are generally so stuck on the iPhone being "bad" that they do not recognize it is a great device, in its own right (just as the BlackBerry is a great device in its own right as well).

An iPhone is an iPhone and has good qualities. A Berry is a Berry and also has good qualities
    and you expected something else from the iphones competitions main forums?
    06-24-08 08:31 AM
    [...] I just thought it was kind of funny because small little details like women having nails and the phone picking up signals from your finger tips and that didn't ring a bell in the engineers heads at apple.
    Our HR manager here used to work for a company that had their time clock system use handprints instead of time cards.... to punch in, you just put your hand on the pad and it recognizes you. Trouble was, a lot of women had longer fingernails and the system was constantly getting confused when those fingernails touched the palm reader.
    06-24-08 08:50 AM
    I'd rather they cut their claws then change the design. Besides, it's not that you can't have nails if you're a girl, you just can't have ghetto long nails. French manicure your nails and they will be short enough not to hinder your capabilities, with all things.
    06-24-08 09:05 AM
    -----

My idea of a perfect phone would be an intimate union (marriage) between the BB and iPhone. Querty keyboard and touch screen. I saw the iPhone in person for the first time the other day and I thought it was too long, but worse, I can't see typing on a touch screen, so even if I had the choice to have an iPhone, I'd choose to pass it up.

-----
    06-24-08 09:44 AM
    Thats pretty Hilarious!!! LOL!!
    06-24-08 09:47 AM
    I'd rather they cut their claws then change the design. Besides, it's not that you can't have nails if you're a girl, you just can't have ghetto long nails. French manicure your nails and they will be short enough not to hinder your capabilities, with all things.
    RSCCivic98;420674, you know that you're threading on thin Ice here.
    06-24-08 10:58 AM
    Lol I like the Iphone, but I have a berry, don't I?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 11:01 AM
    -----

My idea of a perfect phone would be an intimate union (marriage) between the BB and iPhone. Querty keyboard and touch screen. I saw the iPhone in person for the first time the other day and I thought it was too long, but worse, I can't see typing on a touch screen, so even if I had the choice to have an iPhone, I'd choose to pass it up.

-----
    The Samsung Glyde, LG Voyager and the ATT Tilt all have that feature. There may be more but I don't feel like looking.
    06-24-08 11:11 AM
    Great thread

You misread the whole post. The OP didn't bash the iPhone, they just said they found something funny about why women don't like it.
    06-24-08 11:29 AM
    That would be a huge issue for me. I have pretty long (natural) nails and I don't do well with touchscreens. However, this is not something specifically with the iphone, it is all touchscreen devices. This is why I probably won't even get the Thunder when it comes out on verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 12:13 PM
    To each his own, buy whatever phone you like. Personally I would like to try the Iphone out and see what all the hype is about, but I would probably stay with my Curve because Im not fond of the touchscreen. Im sure all phones have their merits and drawbacks, so the best phone for someone would be the one they prefer the most.
    06-24-08 12:20 PM
    I have a good friend who uses an HTC Touch because its the only large enough touch screen that allows him to use his pointer stick instead of his fingers. He is paralyzed and has only partial use of his right hand. With his HTC, he is able to stay in contact with his many friends and family whenever he wants.
    He tried to use the iPhone and the screen didn't recognize the pointer stick. Wonder if the new Thunder will?
    06-24-08 12:43 PM
    Someone mentioned that the iPhone was "too long". That may be true, but the Bold is the same length. It only looks shorter because it's wider than the iPhone. No doubt the Thunder will be similar.

The Javelin is looking better and better.
    06-24-08 12:54 PM
    -----

The Samsung Glide, like some others that have a Querty Keyboard and Touch Screen...I don't like those styles because of their keyboards that slide out of the side of it. Although the screen isn't protected on the BB, I like having everything on its face.

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-24-08 at 10:39 PM.
    06-24-08 10:36 PM
    -----

The Samsung Glide, like some others that have a Querty Keyboard and Touch Screen...I don't like those styles because of their keyboards that slide out of the side of it. Although the screen isn't protected on the BB, I like having everything on its face.

-----
    Same. I don't like any of those phones. I also don't like touch screens.
    06-24-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD