Okay, i just put all of my ringtones onto my 4 Gb media card but now i can't use them as ringtones for when people call, alarms, etc!! Did i do something wrong? They are all still under my ringtones in the media app. Thanks for the help!!
    08-04-08 11:29 PM
    Have you checked out the "How To" forums? It'll tell you how to assign ringtones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 11:32 PM
    Have you checked out the "How To" forums? It'll tell you how to assign ringtones.

Yes i have and my phone won't let me assign ringtones i got, it only lets me select from the preloaded ones, how can i fix it so i can choose from my ringtones and not the preloaded ones??
    08-04-08 11:36 PM
    I'm baffled. Can you not go to media, ringtones, highlight the one you want, menu button, and set as ringtone?

08-04-08 11:39 PM
    Yeah 49ways in on the right track here. They have to be
    in the correct folder on your BB. In this case "Ringtones"
    08-04-08 11:42 PM
    I can go into media into the ringtones and set one of them as the phone tune, but just a little bit ago i was setting my alarm for tomorrow and i could only select from the preloaded ones when i could always pick whatever from my ringtones before. Also, i had select ringtones set for when certain people call, aim messages, texts etc and now i cannot choose from the ones i got, the only options are the preloaded ones Did something happen when i moved them to the media card??
    08-05-08 12:02 AM
    Is your BB plugged into your computer? Generally, the data on the media card appear to be "hidden" when the usb cable is attached to a computer.

What I've never checked is whether my ringtone from the media card works if I get a phone call while plugged into the computer....

Seems that the ringtone works even when usb is attached.
    08-05-08 12:31 AM
    Is your BB plugged into your computer? Generally, the data on the media card appear to be "hidden" when the usb cable is attached to a computer.

What I've never checked is whether my ringtone from the media card works if I get a phone call while plugged into the computer....

Seems that the ringtone works even when usb is attached.
    This is most likely your problem. The phone can not access stuff on the media card if your BB is plugged into the computer and you have Mas Storage Mode enabled.

All tones revert back to defaults during this mode unless:
    a) you disable Mass Storage Mode, or
    b) you save the ringtone to device memory, which is not recommended.
    08-05-08 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD