So my sister has an OLD Storm 1..yea that thing. She has had some problems with the device over the years�She had the screen RMA�d about a year after she got it, & now her BB button doesn�t work. Now she is having her 3rd issue with the multi-year old phone. It�s battery no longer lasts very long�I would not call this an issue, as it happens with older batteries, all you do is replace the removable battery. Anyway, she went to Bell (Bell Canada) to look at a replacement & the sales girl tried to sell her an Android. She did this by repeating every bit of negative & untrue anti-RIM news out there. The one that stands out, is that BB has issues with their batteries, & a new battery will soon go just like her current one. IF she wants better battery life SHE SHOULD BUY A 4G ANDROID! Seeing as those are KNOWN for their bad battery, I cant believe a sales person would have the nerve to state they have better batteries then BlackBerrys.

Anyway, so now I have my sister seriously considering buying a 4G Android phone, thx to the lies fed to her from the sales person. All this bad press ect. About RIM is a self fulfilling prophesy. If you keep lying about RIM & saying that no one is buying them, people are going to listen to you, & eventually no one will buy them
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-12-12 09:23 AM
    Salespeople these days, if they know they are going to get a definite sale why fight with the buyer?!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-12-12 09:27 AM
    The reps are just doing it for their jobs and that's where the money is at right now.
    03-12-12 09:28 AM
    bell reps are super close to rogers reps as to how idiotic they are...wouldnt deal with either. give ur sis the real low down as to whats going on then go into the bell store kick some a$$ lmao
    03-12-12 09:29 AM
    Ahhh. The old "Weapons of Mass Destruction" bit, huh?
    Say something enough times... It has to be true...

Hey, this is your sister, you love her, and want the best for her.
    Sit her down and find out what her real needs in a mobile device are.
    Let her know the truth about BlackBerry devices.
    It's possible that she will be best served by an Android device.
    If not, she will come back.

You just have to remember that at the end of it all, it will be her decision to live with.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-12-12 09:33 AM
    4G Androids are known as the worst battery drainers on the market. What a terrible recommendation.
    03-12-12 09:36 AM
    Unfortunately people some times make bad decisions by listening to stupid people. It pays to do some research before purchasing a product. Or by talking to informed friends or family members.
    03-12-12 10:36 AM
    Unfortunately people some times make bad decisions by listening to stupid people. It pays to do some research before purchasing a product. Or by talking to informed friends or family members.
    Personally, I always research ANY product I get. Doesn't matter if it's a refrigerator or a phone, I want it to work the best it possibly could.

P.S: This is my 1000th post! I'm am now a CrackBerry Master! WooHoo! Now, If you don't mind I have to go rest my fingers!
    Spencerdl and Morty2264 like this.
    03-12-12 10:52 AM
    Right now Bell is pushing Android big time. I have a friend who manages a Bell World store and she told me the last 6 months Androids are the #1 seller, and its all they push.
    When I asked her why, one of the reasons is they classify 3 groups of customers:
    Blackberry users, Apple users and everyone else. Everyone else category is the biggest market, thus they push Androids on them. BB and APP users already know what they want, and most times they wont even try and steer them in a different direction, as they have already made the sale.
    03-12-12 11:12 AM
    Personally, I always research ANY product I get. Doesn't matter if it's a refrigerator or a phone, I want it to work the best it possibly could.

P.S: This is my 1000th post! I'm am now a CrackBerry Master! WooHoo! Now, If you don't mind I have to go rest my fingers!
    Nope, no rest.....you're just getting started
    03-12-12 11:22 AM
    Nope, no rest.....you're just getting started
    Yes, master. Oops, I mean genius!
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 03-12-12 at 11:52 AM.
    03-12-12 11:26 AM

Congrats on your 1000th post!
    03-12-12 11:31 AM

Congrats. You now have no life. Another board that I'm on has that as one of the member levels.
    03-12-12 11:43 AM
    Congrats on your 1000th post!
    Congrats. You now have no life. Another board that I'm on has that as one of the member levels.
    Thank you very much!
    03-12-12 11:52 AM
    Ahhh. The old "Weapons of Mass Destruction" bit, huh?
    Say something enough times... It has to be true...

Hey, this is your sister, you love her, and want the best for her.
    Sit her down and find out what her real needs in a mobile device are.
    Let her know the truth about BlackBerry devices.
    It's possible that she will be best served by an Android device.
    If not, she will come back.

You just have to remember that at the end of it all, it will be her decision to live with.
    Told her if she wants Android to stop listening to the lies coming from the Bell Rep & check out androidcentral.com

As far as her needs go, I think she would be best served with a 9900 & PB combo.....She was going to get a PB as a birthday gift this summer...now I'm not sure.

She makes custom cakes. She needs a nice big screen to show off pictures of her cakes to potential customers....however, she is also constantly texting & emailing from her phone....thus the 9900 & PB combo recomendation
    03-12-12 01:08 PM

Congrats on your 1000th post Master. I'm glad I was able to facilitate it
    03-12-12 01:09 PM
    Since when ppl who try to sell you things care about what you really need. All they want is to get as much money as possible. They are not stupid, bad, biased....it's their job to do so. Beside you only go to store to try the handling of the devices.
    03-12-12 01:11 PM
    So my sister has an OLD Storm 1..yea that thing. She has had some problems with the device over the years…She had the screen RMA’d about a year after she got it, & now her BB button doesn’t work. Now she is having her 3rd issue with the multi-year old phone. It’s battery no longer lasts very long…I would not call this an issue, as it happens with older batteries, all you do is replace the removable battery. Anyway, she went to Bell (Bell Canada) to look at a replacement & the sales girl tried to sell her an Android. She did this by repeating every bit of negative & untrue anti-RIM news out there. The one that stands out, is that BB has issues with their batteries, & a new battery will soon go just like her current one. IF she wants better battery life SHE SHOULD BUY A 4G ANDROID! Seeing as those are KNOWN for their bad battery, I cant believe a sales person would have the nerve to state they have better batteries then BlackBerrys.

Anyway, so now I have my sister seriously considering buying a 4G Android phone, thx to the lies fed to her from the sales person. All this bad press ect. About RIM is a self fulfilling prophesy. If you keep lying about RIM & saying that no one is buying them, people are going to listen to you, & eventually no one will buy them
    My 9900 came with a faulty battery. Rogers is replacing all 9900 batteries no questions asked. Even my non faulty battery has awful life on it. I took it off charger again 2 hours ago, with battery saver on, it sat on my desk for an hour idle, I started using it about 45 minutes ago and it's down to 78%.

While I would never, ever tell a customer that the 4G Android have better battery, they are pretty close to equal to my real world experience with my 9900. Even compared to the Storm, the battery is awful.

To be fair, though, I could get up to 36 hours on my SGS and the SGS2 has pretty decent battery life - the one I used for 3 days was getting 12-18 hours moderate use. Better than the 9900.

So while the salesperson may have been a bit over the top about the battery, I fail to see where there was any misinformation about the BB battery.

EDIT

For what it's worth, it may have been a dealer store, not corporate. Some dealer stores are famous for some very, very sleazy sales practices that make Bell Corporate look bad (like promotions on small business plans sold as consumer plans fraudulently). Generally this kind of sales talk is a dealer not corporate. I know in my corporate location, we have 7 reps. In that group there are 2 Playbooks, 6 BBs, iPhone (mine since I dual handset) and one Android. We are a very, very BB friendly location. Please don't make it sound like all of Bell behaves that way, it is quite likely it's a dealer. You can tell by the sign - the Bell sign on the store will be blue bordered white, and corporate is white bordered blue. Very different rules - I loathe fixing the issues caused by a dealer location. They generally have poor product knowledge on the handsets and send them to us for any help after they eff it up badly.

DISCLAIMER - not all Bell dealer non corporate are bad. Not all corporate are good. We have had to report some of the advertising though, particularly in the GTA.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-12-12 at 02:30 PM.
    Morty2264 and E92Vancouver like this.
    03-12-12 01:27 PM

So while the salesperson may have been a bit over the top about the battery, I fail to see where there was any misinformation about the BB battery.
    So because its raining outside of your window - its raining all over the world! ROFL! I have a 9930 and can get 16 hours on a charge (sometimes moreO with 50 emails a day, some talk time and some messaging.

Most of the time when people come to crackberry to complain about the battery - its usually operator error. Once in a blue moon its faulty battery - but most people have no idea what they're doing.
    03-12-12 01:35 PM
    So because its raining outside of your window - its raining all over the world! ROFL! I have a 9930 and can get 16 hours on a charge (sometimes moreO with 50 emails a day, some talk time and some messaging.

Most of the time when people come to crackberry to complain about the battery - its usually operator error. Once in a blue moon its faulty battery - but most people have no idea what they're doing.
    Well, it sure is good that I DO know what I'm doing.

Hmm, let's see.

1) Running the .267 leak
    2) Battery saver always on
    3) calibrated battery as per instructions on this very site (in had been a while since I had to calibrate a RIM battery and the iPhone calibration is different)
    4) no auto updates run in the background.
    5) only apps I have installed are facebook, twitter and tapatalk. I only reinstalled tapatalk 1 hour ago because I saw no difference in battery in the week I had it uninstalled
    6) on wifi when available.
    7) close out of everything so as to not leave anything running in the background

I put my 9900 down about 15 minutes ago on my desk. When I did, it was at 72%. I just picked it up and in the last 15 minutes it's now at 68%. Idling. Clearly I must have put it on the desk wrong, according to you.

I love it when it's obviously operator error. I mean, surely RIM can't ever be criticized. Kudos on your mythological 16 hour battery life, BTW. Your condescenscion works both ways. Frankly I'm starting to think that there may be a difference between the CDMA version and the GSM version. Remember - we DON'T HAVE THE SAME MODEL NUMBER.

I regret taking you off ignore. Putting you back as we speak.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-12-12 at 01:52 PM.
    03-12-12 01:50 PM
    ^^^ somthing is clearly wrong with your phone my 9860 came of the charger at 7am between multiple phone calls messages and a constant bluetooth connection im down to 68% same leak .267 battery saver mode off. biggers screen with is supposed to hurt battery life more...... see the issue different users different experiences.

back to the OG topic i find alot of the reps i speak with are very un educated in the products they are selling and it is really not their fault. the only thing they have to go on is the news and when they read on the internet cause training on the products is non existent. i kinda feel sorry for them..
    03-12-12 02:02 PM
    Droid Razr Maxx
    03-12-12 02:09 PM
    Congrats on your 1000th post Master. I'm glad I was able to facilitate it
    Thank you, young one. You may carry on!
    03-12-12 05:54 PM
    Told her if she wants Android to stop listening to the lies coming from the Bell Rep & check out androidcentral.com

As far as her needs go, I think she would be best served with a 9900 & PB combo.....She was going to get a PB as a birthday gift this summer...now I'm not sure.

She makes custom cakes. She needs a nice big screen to show off pictures of her cakes to potential customers....however, she is also constantly texting & emailing from her phone....thus the 9900 & PB combo recomendation
    Honestly having ordered cakes before, if that's her biz, her presentation will look much better on a 10' inch screen regardless of manufacturer. It will give more life to her presentation.

I just did a side-by-side using a local designer's website. The 10' screen does more justice to it.

Cheers!
    03-12-12 07:12 PM
    As much as I hear these stories, I can't really say that I have encountered any of it to be honest. Most times when I go into the stores and an employee does come up to me they are more than willing to show me the latest blackberry they have and the info about it.
    03-12-12 07:51 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD