Hey guys,

After looking around, it seems this forum is pretty helpful. I new to the forums so uhh, patience please? heh

I don't know if this problem has been asked/answered here or not, but I couldn't find anything so here goes.

I just got my blackberry pearl flip 8220 today, and was setting wifi on it.
    When I go to 'manage connections' it shows me i AM connected to my home's wifi, but when I go to the hotspot browser (tmobile is the only other browser option) and try to go to google.com or the BlackBerry homepage, it gives me an error:

"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later."
    It shows the UMA sign and the wifi sign is highlighted on my homepage. Interestingly, when i go to the browser, the wifi sign is grayed out. I tried rebooting, nothing happened. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    06-20-09 06:37 PM
    have you actually sign-in into the router?

check your router to see if the 8220 is signed in, if not, go: "manage connections" > "setup wi-fi netowork" >...(i have no idea if your router is broadcasting it's SSID)
    06-20-09 06:43 PM
    if by "sign-on to the router" you mean connect to the network, then yes I'm sure of it.

in 'manage connections' it says that my network w/ profile name 'Home' is turned on, and it gives the specs, etc. in addition, the homepage says that I am connected to UMA. I put in my WEP key, etc. about an hr ago and it said 'successfully connected'

however, but growing suspicious about the fact that the wi-fi box is grayed out when I'm running the browser. Is this supposed to happen, or is my internet sumhow dying when I opne the browser?
    06-20-09 06:52 PM
    Try it again after going into settings > options > mobile network and select "wifi only" under Connection Preference. If it works after doing that, go back and change it to "wifi preferred."
    06-20-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD