Ok so here is my dilemma...

I have searched and searched this site for info and what i come up with basically is that since I don't have the 4.5 os yet. I can only use a 4gb card. But in my searches today i have found users with 8gb cards and their phone will allow use of up to 6gb until 4.5 os is released. So my question is since 4.5 os is right around the corner i might as well buy a 8 gb card, will my phone at least recognize and use some of the 8gb until the new 4.5 os comes out? here is the card i am looking at. > Amazon.com: SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Memory Card with MobileMate Reader (Retail Package): Electronics good idea or bad?
    06-16-08 09:47 AM
    Buy the 8gb, format it for the allowed 6gb for now.
    When the new OS comes out, copy your files off the card.
    Reformat it for the 8gb.

Rock on.

PS: amazed that your avatar passed the QC...

Dm
    06-16-08 09:50 AM
    So if I get it right out of the box and put it in the phone it won't work? That sux.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    06-16-08 09:54 AM
    This question should be aswered easily by searching... so I am not sure why you could not come across the answer.

Without 4.5 OS you can still use an 8GB card but all of the storage will not be recognized by your device. The OS did not support 8GB when released, but this will be fixed in 4.5.

Note that it is advised not to use an 8GB because it can slow down your device and sometimes cause other misc issues, but you are correct... because OS 4.5 is right around the corner I would definitley recommend it!!
    06-16-08 09:59 AM
    This question should be aswered easily by searching... so I am not sure why you could not come across the answer.

Without 4.5 OS you can still use an 8GB card but all of the storage will not be recognized by your device. The OS did not support 8GB when released, but this will be fixed in 4.5.

Note that it is advised not to use an 8GB because it can slow down your device and sometimes cause other misc issues, but you are correct... because OS 4.5 is right around the corner I would definitley recommend it!!

In my searching for what i found it said the 8gb we not compatible but some verizons had luck using them with the old os.

BMC - Your saying until 4.5 comes out it can cause problems? Just to clarify. I am about to head out to vegas in about a month and would like to get as many pics on my berry as i can and not have to buy another card once 4.5 launches. I should be good is what your saying?
    06-16-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD