I know this subject has been beat to death and I apologize for bringing it up again, but I haven't found a straight answer yet for this problem.

I got a BB Storm 2, running 5.0.0.320 and I have no issues with bluetooth volume. I drive a truck and I need the loud volume on my bluetooth or I have trouble hearing my calls during the day. Outside the truck, I don't have a problem hearing people. I've got two BT's, a Samsung WEP170 and a Plantronic's unit...type slips my mind as I don't use it that much.

I updated my OS to 5.0.0.607 and like many others, had the volume issue. Went back to 320 so I could hear my work calls during the day. The only reason I want to even bother with updating my OS version is because my themes don't seem to display correctly when I tilt/rotate my phone. With the updated OS, they worked just fine but of course the volume in the BT was an issue.

Now I see that there is 5.0.0.713 available and I'm wondering does it have the same BT volume issues as the 607 version does? Why can't I take the newer or newest OS version and pull the BT file from the 320 version and put it into my phone... fixing the BT volume issue? Is there an option or fix for this problem I have besides just sticking with one theme and staying at 320 for my OS?

Thanks
    07-27-10 11:26 PM
    607 has caused many problems, definitely upgrade to 713. I'm actually using one of the 713 hybrids from Lyricidal and using Rocketfish RF-MAB2 stereo headset without any volume issues.
    07-28-10 07:49 AM
    713 does NOT fix the BT Volume problem.

I have tried BT CODS in the 607 OS with no success.
    Wish someone had an answer.

320 is the best for me too.
    07-28-10 08:31 AM
    Sorry, Truith is 428 is what I use..That BT is fine.
    Try that!
    07-28-10 08:33 AM
    713 does NOT fix the BT Volume problem.

I have tried BT CODS in the 607 OS with no success.
    Wish someone had an answer.

320 is the best for me too.

I think the previous reply the Gentleman was using a HYBRID of.713 so its not RIMS technical release.
    07-28-10 08:35 AM
    I think the previous reply the Gentleman was using a HYBRID of.713 so its not RIMS technical release.
    True,

I have tried some of Lyric's hybrids as well with no success.
    Anyone say for sure that this latest one has LOUD BT?
    07-28-10 08:38 AM
    Hybrid is what I use, BUT, started out with 713 official with no BT volume issues at all with my posted headset.

The hybrid was an "upgrade" I made 2-3 weeks later.

Nobody can say the 713 won't fix it, try the upgrade and see for yourself. Got nothing to lose (except EVERYTHING on your phone if you don't do it correctly )
    07-28-10 10:25 AM
    Well I've made numerous backups of my phone's data, both to my computer and to my SD card, so I think I'll be ok to experiment. My first attempt at updating via my computer resulted in nothing but a pure white screen on my Storm 2, that sucked. And since I just got the phone and knew nothing about any of this or what I was doing, it was fun to say the least about it.

The only reason I'm really interested in updating the OS is because on .607 all the themes I have worked perfectly when tilted or rotated. With .320, I have the best BT volume but the themes don't work correctly. You rotate the phone to the side and the icons double over themselves when you scroll, leaves like fragments of themselves. Hard to explain, maybe I need to get a picture of it to show what I'm trying to say.

So injecting whatever BT COD from .320 or whatever into .607 or .713 won't cure this problem either? And nobody really knows of any hybrid that will solve this issue either huh? Could it be that the problem is somewhere else in the OS update and not in the actual BT COD file? Why the heck hasn't RIM noticed this and done something about it...or in my case...Verizon atleast.
    07-28-10 11:34 AM
    Well I've made numerous backups of my phone's data, both to my computer and to my SD card, so I think I'll be ok to experiment. My first attempt at updating via my computer resulted in nothing but a pure white screen on my Storm 2, that sucked. And since I just got the phone and knew nothing about any of this or what I was doing, it was fun to say the least about it.

The only reason I'm really interested in updating the OS is because on .607 all the themes I have worked perfectly when tilted or rotated. With .320, I have the best BT volume but the themes don't work correctly. You rotate the phone to the side and the icons double over themselves when you scroll, leaves like fragments of themselves. Hard to explain, maybe I need to get a picture of it to show what I'm trying to say.

So injecting whatever BT COD from .320 or whatever into .607 or .713 won't cure this problem either? And nobody really knows of any hybrid that will solve this issue either huh? Could it be that the problem is somewhere else in the OS update and not in the actual BT COD file? Why the heck hasn't RIM noticed this and done something about it...or in my case...Verizon atleast.
    Don't rely strictly on the backup procedure. This doesn't back up the apps, only the phone data.

Search for, and follow the directions to use the device switch wizard and save the created directory. That will insure that you get everything.
    07-28-10 11:39 AM
    Ok, thanks. I don't really have any apps that I care to save that I couldn't just download again cause I've only got freebies so far. But I see the importance of doing it for paid apps/themes. Well, I got one theme that I paid for, the only one that works actually with my current OS.

I'll look into it and do like you suggest though, again thanks for that advice.

If there was a louder BT out there or one with more volume control or whatever, I'd just upgrade the OS to .713 and be done with it. I know there is a ton of people who are complaining about this very issue, multiple threads and post on this subject yet RIM or Verizon neither one seem to care to fix the issue...
    07-28-10 02:31 PM
    Ok, thanks. I don't really have any apps that I care to save that I couldn't just download again cause I've only got freebies so far. But I see the importance of doing it for paid apps/themes. Well, I got one theme that I paid for, the only one that works actually with my current OS.

I'll look into it and do like you suggest though, again thanks for that advice.

If there was a louder BT out there or one with more volume control or whatever, I'd just upgrade the OS to .713 and be done with it. I know there is a ton of people who are complaining about this very issue, multiple threads and post on this subject yet RIM or Verizon neither one seem to care to fix the issue...

I know there is a ton of people who are complaining about this very issue, multiple threads and post on this subject yet RIM or Verizon neither one seem to care to fix the issue...[/QUOTE]
    That is what I don't understand!!
    07-29-10 01:49 PM
    Well, it's official... .713 is a POS when it comes to BT volume. Matter of fact, in my opinion it is worse than .607 on my phone and with my BT.

I'm going back to .320 right now. I wish someone could figure this out... I'd pay for an OS that works right and was up to date.
    07-29-10 04:06 PM
    Hrmp... if they don't fix it in future os release... you going to stick on forever with .320?
    07-29-10 04:14 PM
    Well I don't know. It's basically useless to me without the BT having a high volume on it. Cause this phone isn't very friendly about holding it to your head, mine might as well be an iPhone 4...? Plus in a heavy truck like I drive for a living, it ain't an option to hold a phone during a conversation.

So I don't know. Good question. I hope and pray to God that next year Verizon gets the iPhone cause that is exactly what I will get. I'd get it now if I could make it work with my SIM card. Maybe BlackBerry 6 would be a better choice of phone and have a better OS, I don't know... I'm a newbie to this whole thing. I've learned what little I know and can quote just from reading so much on this forum trying to fix my phone when I first updated the OS.

I guess maybe "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it" comes into play here. Long as it does what I need it to do and want it to do, I guess there is really no need to update the OS. Just that pesky problem of my themes not functioning correctly.
    07-29-10 04:24 PM
    Hrmp... if they don't fix it in future os release... you going to stick on forever with .320?
    Yes! (428 actually)
    07-30-10 09:26 AM
    Yes! (428 actually)
    I wonder if 428 would let my themes work properly? Is that for the Storm 2? If so, where can I find it at?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 10:34 AM
    Hate to mention it, but try my BT headset, the Rocketfish. Available at Best Buy for under $60. Maybe they'd let you try a set before you made the purchase, but they do have a return within 30 day policy.
    07-30-10 10:54 AM
    Hate to mention it, but try my BT headset, the Rocketfish. Available at Best Buy for under $60. Maybe they'd let you try a set before you made the purchase, but. they do have a return within 30 day policy.
    I was kinda thinking maybe it was just certain BT's (older) and was thinking maybe some of the newer ones had louder volume. I'll look into it cause I need a new one anyway so I won't be out anything if it doesn't solve the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD