A couple of years ago, I had hoped that by Cinco de Mayo, BlackBerry would have released a new BB10 slider phone
    that I could purchase myself for my birthday. The slider form factor is, to me, the ideal device to help offset the inevitable
    advancement of age, and the accompanying physical decline that comes with the territory.

I have spent a LOT of time on computers over the years, to the extent that I have nerve damage in my hands, and it actually
    hurts to try to peck out messages on glass slabs, using virtual keyboards. Regardless of how great any operating system's
    virtual keyboards may be, I will always have a preference for the physical keyboard which, for unknown reasons, doesn't
    cause me any discomfort. (Yes, voice-to-text is a helpful option, but can't replace typing.)

Additionally, while I still have reasonably good vision, I'm to the point that I really prefer a larger screen when I'm reading my emails,
    or lying in bed late at night reading news on my phone. Yes, I used to be content with the screen space afforded by old favorites
    like the BlackBerry Bold and the Curve, but those days are gone. The prospect of a new BlackBerry "Classic" phone offers very
    little appeal, if it doesn't offer a larger screen.

I honestly can't fathom why BlackBerry has been so slow to release a BB10 slider phone that offers the best of all worlds. It seems
    like there would be others like me who are asking for the same form factor for the same basic reasons. ... But apparently not, or
    apparently BlackBerry's R&D team aren't hearing our pleas.

So, as another year passes, I contemplate whether my old Dell Venue Pro can possibly last another year, and I hope that someone
    at BlackBerry is out there listening.
    05-05-14 09:28 AM
    Sorry to hear about your disabilities. And Happy Birthday!
    Maybe there will be a new BB that you can use effectively soon.
    05-05-14 09:37 AM
    A couple of years ago, I had hoped that by Cinco de Mayo, BlackBerry would have released a new BB10 slider phone
    that I could purchase myself for my birthday. The slider form factor is, to me, the ideal device to help offset the inevitable
    advancement of age, and the accompanying physical decline that comes with the territory.

I have spent a LOT of time on computers over the years, to the extent that I have nerve damage in my hands, and it actually
    hurts to try to peck out messages on glass slabs, using virtual keyboards. Regardless of how great any operating system's
    virtual keyboards may be, I will always have a preference for the physical keyboard which, for unknown reasons, doesn't
    cause me any discomfort. (Yes, voice-to-text is a helpful option, but can't replace typing.)

Additionally, while I still have reasonably good vision, I'm to the point that I really prefer a larger screen when I'm reading my emails,
    or lying in bed late at night reading news on my phone. Yes, I used to be content with the screen space afforded by old favorites
    like the BlackBerry Bold and the Curve, but those days are gone. The prospect of a new BlackBerry "Classic" phone offers very
    little appeal, if it doesn't offer a larger screen.

I honestly can't fathom why BlackBerry has been so slow to release a BB10 slider phone that offers the best of all worlds. It seems
    like there would be others like me who are asking for the same form factor for the same basic reasons. ... But apparently not, or
    apparently BlackBerry's R&D team aren't hearing our pleas.

So, as another year passes, I contemplate whether my old Dell Venue Pro can possibly last another year, and I hope that someone
    at BlackBerry is out there listening.
    It seems terribly unlikely that there will be a slider. Many people have brought it up here and it has never come to light. There was a prototype that was shopped around some time ago, but since it was last year I would have thought if they were going to release it, it would have been out by now (specs and such).
    05-05-14 09:38 AM
    I just can't really grasp why it is that a slider hasn't made it to production. I agree though that there doesn't seem to be much reason to be hopeful that anything is going to change.

It seems terribly unlikely that there will be a slider. Many people have brought it up here and it has never come to light. There was a prototype that was shopped around some time ago, but since it was last year I would have thought if they were going to release it, it would have been out by now (specs and such).
    05-05-14 10:15 AM
    I keep hoping! :-)

Sorry to hear about your disabilities. And Happy Birthday!
    Maybe there will be a new BB that you can use effectively soon.
    05-05-14 10:16 AM
    I just can't really grasp why it is that a slider hasn't made it to production. I agree though that there doesn't seem to be much reason to be hopeful that anything is going to change.
    Remember carriers drive the business. I know it has been shopped to several carriers, and I can only assume that they did not want to purchase it.
    05-05-14 10:23 AM