Why do people still visit BGR if they think of it as an anti BlackBerry site?
    It's precisely because they know that they can find anti BB articles that they follow the site. Every day hoping to be the first to find and post a "look at this unfair treatment!" thread.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-23-13 11:34 PM
    Hmm. "Fashionable Hate". You just may have coined a new phrase.

What other things on CB go with "Fashionable Hate"?
    • Apple/iOS
    • Google/Android
    • Microsoft/Winmo 8
    • The Verge
    • Engadget
    • Cnet (Depends on what day of the week)
    • Tim Cook/Steve Jobs
    • Bloomberg/Wall Street Journal or just about all media not pro Blackberry. (Must be hard to find something to read or watch)

Let's get a petition up and add "Fashionable Hate" to The Free Dictionary.

Def: Fash�ion�a�ble Hate: (adj)
    1: Hating without knowing to be in the crowd.
    Remember Peter Misek? He was about as well regarded as the Boy Genius himself until he changed his tone about 6 months ago. They hate him, then they quote him for truth...
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    08-24-13 01:19 AM
    Why would BBRY need a bailout? They have $3 billion and no debt.
    They had $3Bn at the time of the last ER, but their phones aren't selling very well.

OS7 legacy numbers are falling, and production of the BB10 phones intended to take BB into the future has been significantly cut (twice!, if you believe the reports).

Meanwhile, BB confirms that they are in serious, serious trouble by announcing they are keen to find a way out of their current hole by saying they are open to anyone with cash and a good idea (any idea, any idea at all... up to and including a sale) to come and dig them out of that hole.

So, Bloomberg clearly thought the situation serious enough to ask the Canadian government if they planned to support BB financially, and the Canadian government clearly thought it a serious enough question on a scenario that could possibly arise to provide an answer (which boiled down to: No!).
    h20work likes this.
    08-24-13 04:08 AM
    Why should the Canadian government bail out BlackBerry? They have billions in assets and no debt. Anyone who contemplates this scenario is clueless. Company's like Air Canada who are swimming in debt are a more likely bail out candidate.
    08-24-13 07:30 AM
    Geller on CNBC : Blackberry has a horrible phone with Z10 and Q10.
    They do not know anything about mobile computing. The Z30 is going to be bad phone. The 10.2 OS is nothing etc etc...

Then the hosts of CNBC press him on the keyboard and he says Blackberry Z10 is superfast and the best.

Then basically the BGR article on the Canadian Govt on a bailout is another bash saying it's over for BlackBerry.

The Z10 is a great phone and the app story from what I see so far is getting better and 10.2 OS is going to be great ! Anyway people from what I read like Crackberry and BGR....thats great !

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:39 AM
    Why do people still visit BGR if they think of it as an anti BlackBerry site?
    Because they want something to whine about?

It's silly. Especially because, as is usual, if he posted something over the top pro BB he'd no longer be TEH DEVIL!!!1!!! He'd be gods gift to bloggers everywhere.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    08-24-13 09:28 AM
    What's that old yellow journalism axiom? Negative or bad news sells:
    That's surprising. When people here link to every story like these I would think this is a one stop shop for all your BBRY doom and gloom.
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-24-13 09:38 AM
    Good lord that's why it gets hard coming to these forums. That article was considered bashing by BGR????? Really!!!! Seriously!!!!! Lol if anyone considers that bashing I'd hate to see what the call some of his other articles.

I personally think that site as a whole has went downhill from what it used to be. You can tell the bias they have towards certain products and I think their commenting section is filled with trolls of the worst kind (some from Crackberry and they know who they are) yet I still read it everyday. Sometimes they have news worth reading but at least I admit it unlike many Crackberry forum posters lol

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:33 AM
    Nope only bashing after the CNBC bash he did, heck even a VP at PIMCO funds said the keyboard was awesome ! Nope he is a basher !

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:16 PM
    The comments on that article are great.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:48 PM
    Fashionable Hate.....try this "mis-information " for a start !

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:48 PM
    You are usually more thorough. What about the U.S. Government, shorts, electronics store alarms that go off only when you touch BB devices, continental America, Japan, Venezuela, analysts, salespeople, Disney, DoD, Pentagon and the Indian government.
    Starbucks, sales reps, consumers that want good value for their money, every app developer that doesn't have a BB app.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-24-13 03:54 PM
    Company's like Air Canada who are swimming in debt are a more likely bail out candidate.
    You mean a "more likely bail out candidate" again . They have already been bailed out more than once, and are proof you don't need a functioning business model when you have someone with deep pockets to cover your *ss

Sent from my gesture controlled Nexus 4
    08-24-13 04:12 PM
38 12