Ok:

1. What apps use the most battery power and why?

2. What do apps do when running in the background? Do they use as much battery power as when I have them up on the screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 08:19 PM
    Coop GPS and Bluetooth, some do and some don't
    06-19-08 08:22 PM
    For me, watching videos/movies kill my battery the quickest and apps running in the back ground will mostly eat your memory than your battery.
    06-19-08 08:24 PM
    Thanks. I ahrdly use gps or bt, so I guess I'm good.

06-19-08 09:16 PM
    I notice jive talk kills my battery!! Umm using the web and listening to music!

06-20-08 03:28 AM
    Playing games tends to sap my battery faster than watching movies.
    06-20-08 03:36 AM
    Anything will use the battery.

The big battery killers are:
    - making phone calls.
    - being in a poor signal area. This causes the phone to hunt for its signal more often.
    - leaving bluetooth running.
    - games or videos that hammer the processor and the video driver as well as keeping the screen lit up.

There is really not much to be done about battery drain with a phone like the Blackberry because it does so much. I have a tiny Sony Ericsson that only does phone calls and SMS texts and the battery goes for ages.

If I get on an airplane and listed to music (loudly on phones) or watch a movie or play a game, I had best have a new battery in my brefcase if I need to use the phone at the other end of my trip.

I don;t regards battery drain as a bad thing on my Blackberry becaise it just does sooo much. It is up to me to plan for the fact that I am going to use the device and that I need to manage my own abuse of this tiny device. The fix was to buy 2 spare batteries on ebay.
    06-20-08 04:35 AM
    I was just wondering. The battery life on my 8820 is amazing. I use it all day and still have an average of 40% left! Try that on a palm tx!

06-20-08 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD