#1. The R is definitely misleading. When some one sends you an essay on bbm and opening the chat prompts a read receipt. In the classic words of sweet brown: "ain't nobody got time fa dat!" yet when the person sees the R the automatically assume that you read the whole essay from top to bottom especially when this essay (or long msgs) were sent in separate msgs. The R shouldn't que until the recipient scrolls up to the msg at least. Very big hassle for me this past weekend.

#2. When ppl send GIF's the msg does not GIF instead you see an image. This is beyond annoying especially when bbm cross platform. I need to send or receive a text for the GIF to show up. GIF's should just show up and run. I mean if an iPhone can do this seamlessly with 1gb of ram bbm should be able to do this easily. And I don't wanna hear, "their focus is on enterprise" guess what I work in an enterprise and we want GIF's gawd dammit.
    11-18-14 08:10 AM
    I don't know about you, but when I write a long missive on BBM and it goes to R, i do not assume anyone has read the entire thing until i GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM.
    people don't read at the same pace. R means they have acknowledged receiving it. Now let them read it, no?
    11-18-14 08:16 AM
    I agree with the gifs. If I send/receive a gift, I want to see it in all its glory...not a still image.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:23 AM
    Would writing an essay on a word doc not be more appropriate?

? Z10
    peednus likes this.
    11-18-14 09:01 AM
    Example person writes me 5 separate bbm msgs. I can't see the first two. Yet when I open bbm all 5 msgs turn to R without me even scrolling up to read them. Small but annoying. Especially if you're in a hurry. I got called out on it last week. The GIF's are far more annoying. That is basic and should be implemented easily. The small things matter if BlackBerry wants ppl to use bbm. Like a native experience on android and ios.
    11-18-14 09:46 AM
    Only one word for this post, "Irrelevant"

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM and peednus like this.
    11-18-14 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Said the person with an irrelevant reply.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:25 AM
    Hitting HD button will animate the gif.

I like it that way, I don't want to auto download peoples stupid 4MB .gifs they send me, and would much rather be able to preview it with a 20kb still and THEN decide if I want the full version.

Like you said, "aint nobody got time fa dat".
    tryfe likes this.
    11-18-14 10:31 AM
    #1. The R is definitely misleading. When some one sends you an essay on bbm and opening the chat prompts a read receipt. In the classic words of sweet brown: "ain't nobody got time fa dat!" yet when the person sees the R the automatically assume that you read the whole essay from top to bottom especially when this essay (or long msgs) were sent in separate msgs. The R shouldn't que until the recipient scrolls up to the msg at least. Very big hassle for me this past weekend.

#2. When ppl send GIF's the msg does not GIF instead you see an image. This is beyond annoying especially when bbm cross platform. I need to send or receive a text for the GIF to show up. GIF's should just show up and run. I mean if an iPhone can do this seamlessly with 1gb of ram bbm should be able to do this easily. And I don't wanna hear, "their focus is on enterprise" guess what I work in an enterprise and we want GIF's gawd dammit.
    If their sending an essay via BlackBerry, it's obviously a Document which can be found in Docs To Go. So all they have do is add it as an attachment in a email. Saves sending multiple BBMs.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wish I could mark threads with an "I" for irrelevant in CrackBerry.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    srfinva likes this.
    11-18-14 01:19 PM
    Hitting HD button will animate the gif.

I like it that way, I don't want to auto download peoples stupid 4MB .gifs they send me, and would much rather be able to preview it with a 20kb still and THEN decide if I want the full version.

Like you said, "aint nobody got time fa dat".
    Sure, what I don't like is stuff dancing around in front of me with no way of stopping it.

Ever tried to read a post on a forum while somebody's animated GIF avatar is doing its best to drive you nuts by jumping around endlessly ...? :-(

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-18-14 01:47 PM
    What hassle could it have possibly cause you? Like other posters have said....when the R is shown that means you have acknowledged getting the message and at that point, the person in the other end needs to wait for a response.

If u never respond, that's a different story but neither are BBM's fault. I think you ate taking the "R as Read" a little to literal

Posted via CB10
    srfinva likes this.
    11-18-14 02:35 PM
    If their sending an essay via BlackBerry, it's obviously a Document which can be found in Docs To Go. So all they have do is add it as an attachment in a email. Saves sending multiple BBMs.

Posted via CB10
    Essay was being used as an analogy.
    11-18-14 04:16 PM
    What hassle could it have possibly cause you? Like other posters have said....when the R is shown that means you have acknowledged getting the message and at that point, the person in the other end needs to wait for a response.

If u never respond, that's a different story but neither are BBM's fault. I think you ate taking the "R as Read" a little to literal

Posted via CB10
    I'm referring a situation where the person send a lot a bbm msgs I happen to actually read only the last one. I don't scroll up to read the others. Yet BlackBerry gives the "r" to the msgs that I haven't read. I should have to at least scroll over the msg in order for the sender to see the "r" so it is misleading. R as Read should me read. Not opened not a major thing just misleading. I'm was more annoyed with the GIF but I see the solution for that even though it's dumb. No person looks at a pic received and asks to themselves "I wonder if this is a gif? I should HD request it so it can animate" nor do ppl typically see the .gif when it's sent. It should animate right there within the convo like on every other platform.
    11-18-14 04:23 PM

Example person writes me 5 separate bbm msgs. I can't see the first two. Yet when I open bbm all 5 msgs turn to R without me even scrolling up to read them. Small but annoying. Especially if you're in a hurry. I got called out on it last week.
    Who called you out on it? What did they say?

Posted via BBM Premium
    11-18-14 04:39 PM
    Example person writes me 5 separate bbm msgs. I can't see the first two. Yet when I open bbm all 5 msgs turn to R without me even scrolling up to read them. Small but annoying. Especially if you're in a hurry. I got called out on it last week. The GIF's are far more annoying. That is basic and should be implemented easily. The small things matter if BlackBerry wants ppl to use bbm. Like a native experience on android and ios.
    Does WhatsApp not do the same?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:15 PM
    BBM text messages will not go through without wifi, but BBM calls do!
    11-18-14 05:34 PM
    I wish you could turn off the "R" feature, sometimes I just want to glance and see and if the person knows you read it sometimes they send you another right away, sometimes I am doing something and only have a sec to glance not respond right away.
    11-18-14 05:43 PM
    I swear! Some of you people are beyond help.

I bet y'all are upset with the sun rising in the east and setting on the west, and you want the earth to turn the other direction!

miker476 likes this.
    11-18-14 06:34 PM
    I swear! Some of you people are beyond help.

I bet y'all are upset with the sun rising in the east and setting on the west, and you want the earth to turn the other direction!

Don't be so silly, I just want summer to come back

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:31 PM
    Does WhatsApp not do the same?

Posted via CB10
    Probably. I have no clue. It was merely an observation and got called out for not reading all of the msg yet responding. I'd like to point out it's also annoying that BlackBerry has not announced what the paid bbm sub package is going to look like and what's included. Timed msgs and retract aren't worth paying for by themselves. They just lost potential rev with whatsapp encrypted msgs end to end. If that's true then BlackBerry just lost potential millions. They can no longer offer bbm protected as ppl will just go to whatsapp. Also annoying, it's been over a year since bbm went x-platform and STILL no x-platform video. Which in the press release was said to be coming to android and ios -__-
    11-18-14 07:49 PM
    Probably. I have no clue. It was merely an observation and got called out for not reading all of the msg yet responding. I'd like to point out it's also annoying that BlackBerry has not announced what the paid bbm sub package is going to look like and what's included. Timed msgs and retract aren't worth paying for by themselves. They just lost potential rev with whatsapp encrypted msgs end to end. If that's true then BlackBerry just lost potential millions. They can no longer offer bbm protected as ppl will just go to whatsapp. Also annoying, it's been over a year since bbm went x-platform and STILL no x-platform video. Which in the press release was said to be coming to android and ios -__-
    Let bb do its thing. Why does it annoy you they lost potential money?

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    11-18-14 08:00 PM
    I think kgwhat has a point. BBM should act more smartly if it wants to compete with other msg apps. Obviously the phone cannot predict when you read a message but flipping it to 'R' only when the messages are in the viewable screen make sense.

In terms of the gifs animating not all people care for this but an option to enable various modes may be helpful like, click to animate, auto animate and loop, auto animate but do not loop.

BlackBerry has an interesting focus when it comes to BBM. Although their focus is on enterprise with BBM they have a strong consumer following and it would be wise to keep BBM feature rich. Hopefully they have otherthings in mind for monetizing the app other than taking its already free features apart and selling them.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:33 PM

I agree with the gif part but Jaydee put it perfectly. How can you possibly assume someone has read a long message just because the "R" appears?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:47 PM